Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If they can dump one of Bieksa/Stoner, whom both have 2 years left they should be able to easily, and a chance even without moving.

If Sweeney would trade Eriksson, and Seids in the offseason which I hope happens he would have 15-20M in cap space and could affort to take a short cap dump back and sign/make trades for bigger players normally.

Perry&Getzlaf are 30y, Kesler 31y, their time to win is now.

True, but it just sounds too much like "if the Bruins just move Kelly and Campbell they can resign Boychuk" for the Ducks. Easier said than done. As will be moving Seidenberg. Why would a team want to take on a potentially negative value contract like that unless they thought that right now at this moment he was the missing piece? If the Bruins want to make a deal with the Ducks, I think their best bet is one of the on roster d-men.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
At this point I don't even care, as long as it has some guys that can PK on it. Bruins have allowed the most PK goals in the NHL. We have been spoiled by consistently having a top PK and have totally taken it for granted. If the Bruins PK was the top 5 unit we were used to, the Bruins would be right in the mix for the best goal differential in hockey and we would be talking about rentals and taking one last Chara shot on this board. And if the team had a better PK, perhaps you wouldn't see a different Miller in the lineup (although I think C. Miller not being in the lineup is more about them wanting to take a peek at Morrow as much as anything).

I'm not sure why they can't have a look at Morrow and still keep Colin Miller in the lineup seeing as he's better than Trotman and Kevan Miller, the latter by a landslide.
And while Kevan Miller might be a better penalty killer than Colin, I would think falling over your own skates and being out of position and costing your team roughly a goal a game would be a bigger concern than the tiny improvement made on a PK unit that hasn't been good anyway.

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
I'm not sure why they can't have a look at Morrow and still keep Colin Miller in the lineup seeing as he's better than Trotman and Kevan Miller, the latter by a landslide.
And while Kevan Miller might be a better penalty killer than Colin, I would think falling over your own skates and being out of position and costing your team roughly a goal a game would be a bigger concern than the tiny improvement made on a PK unit that hasn't been good anyway.

Agreed. 1st 4 D names on the lineup card this season should be Chara, Krug, Morrow, and C. Miller. Mix and match the others as you see fit.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'm not sure Kevan Miller has a whole lot of value around the league.

Mid-late pick or similarly aged forward in the bottom 6.

But we also gain time on the ice for kids that could be top 4 for us at some point like Morrow. Trading K. Miller is more to get rid of him and anything that comes back is a bonus. No trade Miller proposal is because of his high value around the league.

BigBadBruins63*

I'm not sure Kevan Miller has a whole lot of value around the league.

Mid-late pick or similarly aged forward in the bottom 6.

I'd take a mid pick for him (5th-6th) easily for him. Middle aged forward? What about Jay McClement. He'd be perfect for the 4th line.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
But we also gain time on the ice for kids that could be top 4 for us at some point like Morrow. Trading K. Miller is more to get rid of him and anything that comes back is a bonus. No trade Miller proposal is because of his high value around the league.

I'd take a mid pick for him (5th-6th) easily for him. Middle aged forward? What about Jay McClement. He'd be perfect for the 4th line.

Fair enough.

But not sure if moving Kevan Miller is going to improve the team. He's probably the perfect 6/7th defenseman. He shouldn't be playing in our top 4.

I agree to let the kids play; but prospects like C. Miller or Morrow need to develop into top 4; I don't think Kevan Miller is preventing that.

Jay McClement is a fine player in his role, but I'm thinking that just puts the "too many bottom pairing defensemen" problem into "too many bottom 6 players".

Move Kevan to make room, maybe grab a pick if we aren't in the thick of things. I'm fine with that. But we eventually need to fill spots with the proper players.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Speaking of the PK, I saw Paille playing for the Chicago affiliate against the Texas Stars last night. It was weird to see that in person. Hard to believe he is done at a hair over Bergeron/Krejci's age.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Fair enough.

But not sure if moving Kevan Miller is going to improve the team. He's probably the perfect 6/7th defenseman. He shouldn't be playing in our top 4.

I agree to let the kids play; but prospects like C. Miller or Morrow need to develop into top 4; I don't think Kevan Miller is preventing that.

Jay McClement is a fine player in his role, but I'm thinking that just puts the "too many bottom pairing defensemen" problem into "too many bottom 6 players".

Move Kevan to make room, maybe grab a pick if we aren't in the thick of things. I'm fine with that. But we eventually need to fill spots with the proper players.

How far from being top 4 players do people think C. Miller, Trotman, and Morrow are? Are we a year or 3 years from being able to rely on them consistently. Personally I don't really know how far off they are, but I think within a year atleast one of them is going to be quite serviceable there. Right now all three are rookies and we aren't getting blown out of the water with them. The first three games were a disaster, but again about half the team is playing their first full year in the NHL.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
True, but it just sounds too much like "if the Bruins just move Kelly and Campbell they can resign Boychuk" for the Ducks. Easier said than done. As will be moving Seidenberg. Why would a team want to take on a potentially negative value contract like that unless they thought that right now at this moment he was the missing piece? If the Bruins want to make a deal with the Ducks, I think their best bet is one of the on roster d-men.

True, but they have few bad contracts and top guys at a age where they need to compete so they should be aggressive, and Chia's failure is not something other Gm's probably want to do.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

If I'm looking for a 4th liner, I go after a kid like Latta. He's tough, can fight, skate, is good on the PK and his FOW% is 56%. He only makes $575k and has been healthy scratched quite a bit by the Caps this year.

BigBadBruins63*

If I'm looking for a 4th liner, I go after a kid like Latta. He's tough, can fight, skate, is good on the PK and his FOW% is 56%. He only makes $575k and has been healthy scratched quite a bit by the Caps this year.

Sounds like a good option as well. I just want a 4th line who is tough to play against and interesting.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Latta would be a good fit. But I like Ferraro at the moment, he's earned his spot thus far.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Krug has already proven to be a top 4 player. He was 2nd in minutes behind Chara for defenseman. I'd go near 5 years, 5 million per for him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Krug has already proven to be a top 4 player. He was 2nd in minutes behind Chara for defenseman. I'd go near 5 years, 5 million per for him.

I hope Krug gets re-signed but what will happen to him when Zboril, Lauzon and the guys make the team and hit their primes.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I hope Krug gets re-signed but what will happen to him when Zboril, Lauzon and the guys make the team and hit their primes.

That is years down the line, Chara and Seidenberg will be gone by that point, and if they can pass him than boom for us because we have more top D. By the time those guys are really getting paid which is probably 5 or 6 years Krug will be about done his next contract. Krug is an essential piece going forward both on the ice and in the dressing room. I'm extremely impressed with the jump he has made this year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That is years down the line, Chara and Seidenberg will be gone by that point, and if they can pass him than boom for us because we have more top D. By the time those guys are really getting paid which is probably 5 or 6 years Krug will be about done his next contract. Krug is an essential piece going forward both on the ice and in the dressing room. I'm extremely impressed with the jump he has made this year.

I'm afraid we have a block on the D then, Chara will probably be here for 2 more years after this and I highly doubt it will take so long for those 2, Seids is a must move player to me and McQuaid in a year or 2.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007

While you need to always stay cap aware, you cannot be fearful of making current moves/signings based on future prospects. Haven't we seen many can't miss prospects never touch the TD Garden Ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad