Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Originally Posted by sutekii
There's little chance Loui is resigned in my opinion. There is going to be an unprecedented collection of high quality UFA's at the end of this year, and the money is probably gonna be spent on someone who fits the Bruins mould.

Ah, the same old story: he does not fit here...

Loui has been one of our best forwards since last year. Yeah, let's forget his concussions.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Loui has been one of our best forwards since last year. Yeah, let's forget his concussions.

And how many high quality UFA's will honestly be available outside of Eriksson?
Can't see us getting Kopitar, Ladd, Stamkos, do not want Buff and that contract.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Agreed, I don't understand this logic "someone who better fits the Bruins mold"..? So Eriksson doesn't fit the mold? Based on that I'd say Bergeron doesn't either (that's silly talk). Can't have a roster full of similar players of muckers and grinders. Beleskey Hayes Connolly doing a fine job as new additions playing body creating net front presence. Now I'm not suggesting Loui is worth the 6m here some folks are suggesting or that he isn't. I just think he is a good fit for this team. He's finally recovered from the concussions, & playing damn well important minutes.. PP, PK... He's a Swiss Army knife.

And I'm not sold on this coming off seasons crop of UFA's. The high end guys usually end up re-signed by their respective clubs. Vetrano looks good so far. But the kids just drafted this year are being overhyped here by some. Do we really think any of these KIDS are ready to play top-6 minutes? News to me

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Agreed, I don't understand this logic "someone who better fits the Bruins mold"..? So Eriksson doesn't fit the mold? Based on that I'd say Bergeron doesn't either (that's silly talk). Can't have a roster full of similar players of muckers and grinders. Beleskey Hayes Connolly doing a fine job as new additions playing body creating net front presence. Now I'm not suggesting Loui is worth the 6m here some folks are suggesting or that he isn't. I just think he is a good fit for this team. He's finally recovered from the concussions, & playing damn well important minutes.. PP, PK... He's a Swiss Army knife.

And I'm not sold on this coming off seasons crop of UFA's. The high end guys usually end up re-signed by their respective clubs. Vetrano looks good so far. But the kids just drafted this year are being overhyped here by some. Do we really think any of these KIDS are ready to play top-6 minutes? News to me

For me it's a numbers thing. We have a plethora of skilled guys that are going to need contracts in the next few years. The D is also in transition and unless we pick up Buff from the Jets I don't think it is going to be elite for a couple of years. We need to really start thinking about where we are going to be in a post Chara world, and a number 1 D is really what our future is missing. Loui is a great Bruin, but I'm starting to believe the chorus that he isn't important to our future.

Marchand, Beleskey, Connolly and Pasternak are IMO a decent top 6 to take into next year. Frankie and Hayes are solid 3rd line wingers and for a team working on developing as a team a bit I'd be happy carrying those guys as our top 9 wingers.

Loui has taken Krejci's place in my mind as far as really valuable but not necessarily vital moving forward. Spooner is clearly a couple years from being a top 6 center, so Krejci becomes more important the next 2 years or so. Lou maybe even in a package deal, could help us fetch a high end defensive prospect, thats a couple of years along in their development and not starting fresh from the draft.

I'm with you on the free agents coming up, but I don't think we are sorely in need of signing anyone if we can upgrade our long term future through trade.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
For me it's a numbers thing. We have a plethora of skilled guys that are going to need contracts in the next few years. The D is also in transition and unless we pick up Buff from the Jets I don't think it is going to be elite for a couple of years. We need to really start thinking about where we are going to be in a post Chara world, and a number 1 D is really what our future is missing. Loui is a great Bruin, but I'm starting to believe the chorus that he isn't important to our future.

Marchand, Beleskey, Connolly and Pasternak are IMO a decent top 6 to take into next year. Frankie and Hayes are solid 3rd line wingers and for a team working on developing as a team a bit I'd be happy carrying those guys as our top 9 wingers.

Loui has taken Krejci's place in my mind as far as really valuable but not necessarily vital moving forward. Spooner is clearly a couple years from being a top 6 center, so Krejci becomes more important the next 2 years or so. Lou maybe even in a package deal, could help us fetch a high end defensive prospect, thats a couple of years along in their development and not starting fresh from the draft.

I'm with you on the free agents coming up, but I don't think we are sorely in need of signing anyone if we can upgrade our long term future through trade.

That's another mediocre year(not a playoff team), would be then 3 years in a row.
After that Bergeron is 32y and Krejci 31y and Chara has 1 year left.

We need top talent, not depth.
So whatever happens with Lou Beleskey should be a 3rd line guy next year.
I'm thinking that Connolly is our most important forward to follow this year, if he can't show top6 potential I move him 1st before anyone and let one of the kids take his place and now test Hayes with Bergeron who is playing great, that's 1-2 spots to be filled in the offseason/camp.

Last edited:

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
That's another mediocre year(not a playoff team), would be then 3 years in a row.

So whatever happens with Lou Beleskey/Connolly should be 3rd line guys next year.
I'm starting to think we should move Connolly and let one of the kids take his place and now test Hayes with Bergeron who is playing great.

I'm far more concerned about the D, and about keeping too much money in older players. We have scored at a great pace, and the team still doesn't have a real identity beyond hitting. None of our lines have chemistry and we have virtually no faith in the D. If our D could shore up for next year I'd take our O over some of the teams in front of us, Nashville and St. Louis specifically.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm far more concerned about the D, and about keeping too much money in older players. We have scored at a great pace, and the team still doesn't have a real identity beyond hitting. None of our lines have chemistry and we have virtually no faith in the D. If our D could shore up for next year I'd take our O over some of the teams in front of us, Nashville and St. Louis specifically.

If you take Lou out of our offense its not what it is now, not even close,
he plays the most minutes and has 12 points in 15 games, in every situation.
Beleskey doesn't come close to bringing what he does on the table.

We also can't score 5on5, in the last 4 games we have scored 3 5on5 goals.

Seids is a must move next offseason and get 4M from that, and like said Connolly needs to be looked 1st.
Our forward group+ bottom4 can be contenders in the East next year, fill that one hole and we can be contenders in the East then.
The bottom4 will look much better with Colin&Krug developing.

So if Eriksson goes Sweeney needs to know he can sign Vesey and draft very high.
One of Pulju/Tkat/Laine+ Vesey+ (Lou return) is something I can live with, something we desperately need because,
we can't expect us to be a playoff team if we just give up Lou and replace him with Beleskey, our division will improve too much during the next year.

Last edited:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to TSN hockey insider Darren Dreger, with Tuukka Rask signed long-term and the addition of Zane McIntyre to the Bruins family in Providence, there is reason to believe a rebuilding team like Toronto or Arizona would have interest in acquiring Malcolm Subban from the Boston Bruins.

http://www.tsn.ca/dreger-report-more-on-those-duchene-trade-rumours-1.393191

Put this in the category of "something to keep an eye on"

Teams reach out to the Boston Bruins from time to time to check in on the availability of goaltender Malcolm Subban. With Tuukka Rask signed long-term and the addition of Zane McIntyre to the Bruins family in Providence, there is reason to believe a rebuilding team like Toronto or Arizona would have interest in Subban.

Neither Subban nor McIntyre, in his first year of pro hockey, is off to a stellar start. Both have a sub .900 save percentage while sharing the crease with Boston's AHL farm team in Providence. Still, many around the NHL see Subban as being close to ready in his goal to be an NHL starter.

Depth in goal is a luxury for Bruins’ general manager Don Sweeney. He has the option to make a trade when the time or offer is right, or he can stay the course and see if either of his two young, developing goalies is capable of bumping Rask down the road.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
And how many high quality UFA's will honestly be available outside of Eriksson?
Can't see us getting Kopitar, Ladd, Stamkos, do not want Buff and that contract.

For me, it's not about Loui "fitting the mold", he's been very good. What this is about is where the B's are now and are going as a franchise. He's going to be 31 next season, and I don't want any 5 or 6 year deals for a guy that age. The best case scenario is that he light it up all year, and at the deadline the B's are not in the playoffs and they deal him for a great package.

Heck, if they wanted to sign him to a three year deal as a FA (ala Vermette in ARI) this summer, I would be Ok with that, but I think someone gives him longer term.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston

So whatever happens with Lou Beleskey should be a 3rd line guy next year.
I'm thinking that Connolly is our most important forward to follow this year, if he can't show top6 potential I move him 1st before anyone and let one of the kids take his place and now test Hayes with Bergeron who is playing great, that's 1-2 spots to be filled in the offseason/camp.

The top talent doesn't have to be on the wing though. That group of wingers is fine if we actually have a blue line. And they're all younger than Eriksson.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
If you take Lou out of our offense its not what it is now, not even close,
he plays the most minutes and has 12 points in 15 games, in every situation.
Beleskey doesn't come close to bringing what he does on the table.

We also can't score 5on5, in the last 4 games we have scored 3 5on5 goals.

Seids is a must move next offseason and get 4M from that, and like said Connolly needs to be looked 1st.
Our forward group+ bottom4 can be contenders in the East next year, fill that one hole and we can be contenders in the East then.
The bottom4 will look much better with Colin&Krug developing.

So if Eriksson goes Sweeney needs to know he can sign Vesey and draft very high.
One of Pulju/Tkat/Laine+ Vesey+ (Lou return) is something I can live with, something we desperately need because,
we can't expect us to be a playoff team if we just give up Lou and replace him with Beleskey, our division will improve too much during the next year.

I suppose my two problems are I don't know how we are going to be able to get rid of Seids, if that happens that certainly changes things. The second is I don't know where this high end D to round out our top 4 comes from, the only way I can think of getting one is through trade. Which means we trade someone valuable from our roster or we trade one of our higher end prospects. My choice would be trade someone off our roster and I think Loui leaves the smallest hole. Not saying we won't miss him, but things would be a lot worse if we got rid of one of our centers.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Jesus why are we focusing on Loui.

Bruins mould. Let it go, man. Talk about a strawman.

Because why wouldn't we be focusing on Loui? He will be expensive and will be getting old so unless the team can get a friendly contract then he could potentially bring in younger players/picks instead of wasting money on him while the team rebuilds.

I would rather the team spend $5m+ on a defenseman than a forward if there was an option.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Are any teams that are deep defensively hiding a #3 defenseman anywhere?

Kind of like how when we traded Boychuk people didn't realize that he could be a legit #2 or even 1 till he left. Sometimes talent doesn't fully hit their stride when buried in depth. I hope we can sneak a player off of one of these teams. Cause our D sucks. too many #5's and #6's

I wanted Klein when he was on NSH, but I think the Rangers love him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
For me, it's not about Loui "fitting the mold", he's been very good. What this is about is where the B's are now and are going as a franchise. He's going to be 31 next season, and I don't want any 5 or 6 year deals for a guy that age. The best case scenario is that he light it up all year, and at the deadline the B's are not in the playoffs and they deal him for a great package.

Heck, if they wanted to sign him to a three year deal as a FA (ala Vermette in ARI) this summer, I would be Ok with that, but I think someone gives him longer term.

I understand if he wants too much or too many years, then it's best for the team to move him, but Sweeney atleast needs to find out what he wants and he needs to decide when does he want to win.

The top talent doesn't have to be on the wing though. That group of wingers is fine if we actually have a blue line. And they're all younger than Eriksson.

Right now we don't have elite, and Marchand-Beleskey-Pasta-Connolly top6 is not enough.
Eriksson is our best winger.

I suppose my two problems are I don't know how we are going to be able to get rid of Seids, if that happens that certainly changes things. The second is I don't know where this high end D to round out our top 4 comes from, the only way I can think of getting one is through trade. Which means we trade someone valuable from our roster or we trade one of our higher end prospects. My choice would be trade someone off our roster and I think Loui leaves the smallest hole. Not saying we won't miss him, but things would be a lot worse if we got rid of one of our centers.

Lou won't give us topD back, top4 does nothing for us, we need a top pairing D/top pairing potential, Chara repalcement before it's too late.
Chychrun is probably the best option to save Bostons future, all in for Cyhc.
With him D prospect pool would be elite, the best in the league and would have a very strong, promising winger prospect pool, after that start focusin drafting high end C's.
That's how we could be contenders and go with Krejci-Bergeron duo over their primes as 1-2 C's/top9.

If we miss a top5 pick next year I don't know how Sweeney plans to fight in our division.

Last edited:

7bostonhockey*

Loui having a good year, so far, in his contract season

Handle with care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad