Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I would love Stamkos, but Krejci would need to go in order the Bruins to even have a chance at signing him. For one, he's a center, and doesn't play wing. Krejci is a center, who doesn't play wing. Bergeron is a saint and won't be moved, and he doesn't play wing. You won't carry 3 centers of that caliber. You'd also need that 7 million off the books to sign him (since he'll definitely command a 9+ million salary. They would have the money for him.

Stamkos would make us younger and he'd be in his prime through that contract, perfect time to sign him and then we land Chycrun at the draft and Cup is our 16-17 :handclap: :yo:

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Ya and Bourque is NOTHING BUT A TRAITOR to say and go to a team that is a contender, when at the time the Bs were contenders. Hate players like that. And to join ROY :madfire:

I'll take Z and a cup you can have Bourque and his records. To belittle Z and say he's no Bourque is garbage. And for the record unlike Bourque Z will bring something of value in trade if the Bruins where dumb to trade him.

BigBadBruins63*

Stamkos would make us younger and he'd be in his prime through that contract, perfect time to sign him and then we land Chycrun at the draft and Cup is our 16-17 :handclap: :yo:

I don't know man, as much as i love Chrychun, i love Matthews just a bit more, and think he'd make a dynamic 1st line LW for Stamkos.

However, a potential D-core headed by Chrychun would be awesome as well. Couldn't go wrong with either. Just get one, that's the first key ;)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't know man, as much as i love Chrychun, i love Matthews just a bit more, and think he'd make a dynamic 1st line LW for Stamkos.

However, a potential D-core headed by Chrychun would be awesome as well. Couldn't go wrong with either. Just get one, that's the first key ;)

Won't find me complaining if we get one of Chychrun+Stamkos or Matthews+ Top pairing D via Krecji trade :laugh:

= longterm contenders.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

If all went well it would be a big win win for Boston. Sign Stamkos, trade Krejci for a top pair dman like a Seth Jones, then if we traded other guys like Chara, Eriksson, Seidenberg at the Trade deadline this year we could net even more 1st round picks and possibly have 4 first rounders. Our own pick could very well be #1 overall and then maybe we get the #2 with one of the other picks, if not package the other 3 first rounders to move up to #2. Draft Matthews and Chychrun and this team could be on the way to the top again quite quickly.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If only this were realistic :(

We should have a good chance for top3 pick and for Chychrun,
cap space to do a big UFA signing/trade so who knows what could happen 16-17.

I hope Sweeney will go after that top3 pick, this team badly needs it, I don't want to be mediocre for years, we need elite potential prospect to fight against Tampa, Florida, Buffalo.

BigBadBruins63*

We should have a good chance for top3 pick and for Chychrun,
cap space to do a big UFA signing/trade so who knows what could happen 16-17.

I hope Sweeney will go after that top3 pick, this team badly needs it, I don't want to be mediocre for years, we need elite potential prospect to fight against Tampa, Florida, Buffalo.

I agree. Stamkos is probably more unrealistic, but i could see us grabbing a top 3 pick if this team continues to look the way it has. Like i've said, don't think that would be all that bad for them. One year of sucking to get a great young player to go along with Pastrnak.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I agree. Stamkos is probably more unrealistic, but i could see us grabbing a top 3 pick if this team continues to look the way it has. Like i've said, don't think that would be all that bad for them. One year of sucking to get a great young player to go along with Pastrnak.

We don't even have to go with Buffalo attitude,just go with the team we have, at the deadline sell Lou/Kelly if they don't have future with us, but not core players and try to play the kids a lot on the 2nd half who you see in our longterm plans.
Get a top10 pick, lottery and San Jose's 1st+ whatever we get at the deadline and go after top3 pick.

Someone like Matthews/Chych would have a huge impact next year and we'd have 10-15M(15 if Eriksson goes) cap space next offseason, if we'd get Matthews and trade Krecji who knows how much we'd have.
Of course it sound like a crazy team but we actually have the chance this year and this year is where we have to get that elite talent, it should have been this year already.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
man if you think our media market is hard on the Bruins right now, you should hear other cities. People have us as an absolute lotto lock in a lot of hockey market radio stations right now.

BigBadBruins63*

man if you think our media market is hard on the Bruins right now, you should hear other cities. People have us as an absolute lotto lock in a lot of hockey market radio stations right now.

Yeah, they're not wrong. This team blows lol

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Is there a precedent for trading 1st round picks with another bubble team in order to motivate both teams to make the playoffs?

I'd pull this type of deal with Ottowa.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Maybe Florida?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Just here to add context.

Rolston turned out to be a decent player. Paulssons played 17 games for the B's and was shipped to Anaheim for Aandrei Nazarov & Patrick Traverse. Grenier was a bust and Samuelsson wasn't all that much better (combined the two played roughly 30 NHL games).

That deal got Ray a cup, but it was a train wreck for the B's.

rolston got better and better with age... turning into a 40 goal scorer who was a premier penalty killer and above average defensive center. pahlson was a key part of a cup winning team as a very above average defensive 3rd line center. and a first round pick is always a first round pick.

whether the trade eventually worked or not because of subsequent moves, we got 3 very valuable pieces for a pending ufa that we were doing a favor for and who told us in no uncertain terms he was NOT RESIGNING. since we were already out of the playoffs we were basically trading him with a gun to our heads.

your arguments that pahlson got traded later so it sucked to pick him up... is like saying that Pederson got traded for a pick that became Wesley who got traded for 3 picks that became samsonov who got traded for a pick that became lucic who got traded for martin jones who got traded for a pick that we might use to get Austin watson next draft so barry Pederson for the first overall pick is such a good trade... you just cant do that.

pahlson was called the poor mans Forsberg when we got him... he was a prized prospect. he was the key to the deal imho. later we mismanaged him, but it wasn't a huge surprise to me when he went on to Anaheim and had so much success. and I say the same about rolston. everyone knew rolston had wicked talent... could skate... could shoot. he didn't have the willpower to play through heavy traffic consistiently early in his career, but once he started using the new stick and could get his shot on net, he became a very dynamic dangerous front line scorer in his later career. boston knew he had this potential when they took him from Minnesota. I think its very unfair to call this trade a trainwreck even if they did blow the pick.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Is there a precedent for trading 1st round picks with another bubble team in order to motivate both teams to make the playoffs?

I'd pull this type of deal with Ottowa.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Maybe Florida?

its almost insulting to suggest professional athletes would throw games just because they thought it might improve their own draft pick spot. the drafted player is going to end up taking someones job in fact.

if a coach/gm told players to throw games to improve a pick... the players would not obey the order.

now, perhaps you mean that the gm might tell the coach to bench a player or something... but that's the fastest way to lose a team and get the gm and coach fired.

if a team sucks anyhow... then a gm might trade a key player like a goalie and it might help the team suck more... but its a very very very minor effect that a gm/coach could/would do to intentionally cause a team to suck at this point.

swapping firsts would never be a real option.

now... in history... montreal once owned la's pick and gave a couple useful players to Oakland I think it was, in order to ensure theyd be able to draft lafleur.

and theres certainly been trades where a team gets the option to swap picks if the other team finishes below them in the standings.

so if you were saying boston might trade a guy like kevan miller to a team that needed a dman, and the bruins might get the option to flip picks later if the other team finishes worst... that's a possibility. although if we are talking lottery picks then most teams would need a lot more than kevan miller to sign off on that type of agreement.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
rolston got better and better with age... turning into a 40 goal scorer who was a premier penalty killer and above average defensive center. pahlson was a key part of a cup winning team as a very above average defensive 3rd line center. and a first round pick is always a first round pick.

whether the trade eventually worked or not because of subsequent moves, we got 3 very valuable pieces for a pending ufa that we were doing a favor for and who told us in no uncertain terms he was NOT RESIGNING. since we were already out of the playoffs we were basically trading him with a gun to our heads.

your arguments that pahlson got traded later so it sucked to pick him up... is like saying that Pederson got traded for a pick that became Wesley who got traded for 3 picks that became samsonov who got traded for a pick that became lucic who got traded for martin jones who got traded for a pick that we might use to get Austin watson next draft so barry Pederson for the first overall pick is such a good trade... you just cant do that.

pahlson was called the poor mans Forsberg when we got him... he was a prized prospect. he was the key to the deal imho. later we mismanaged him, but it wasn't a huge surprise to me when he went on to Anaheim and had so much success. and I say the same about rolston. everyone knew rolston had wicked talent... could skate... could shoot. he didn't have the willpower to play through heavy traffic consistiently early in his career, but once he started using the new stick and could get his shot on net, he became a very dynamic dangerous front line scorer in his later career. boston knew he had this potential when they took him from Minnesota. I think its very unfair to call this trade a trainwreck even if they did blow the pick.

I don't recall Brian Rolston hitting the 40 goal mark but he was still a VERY good player for us .To hit 30 when you factored in everything else he did was exceptional.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
This was an interesting trade: The rights to Ken Dryden traded to Montreal by the Boston Bruins with Alex Campbell for Guy Allen and Paul Reid, June 28, 1964.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011

Great idea guys. Get Stamkos and Matthews and Chycrun! Sounds really good... until we turn off the Xbox One and come back to reality. :laugh:

Honestly Krejci is a very good player, you'd have to look very hard to find an upgrade on him. But then the question becomes, when a team has a hockey player who is even better than Krejci, why in the world would they be willing to give that player up?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yup. And if he won't resign they will trade him for a king's ransom---something we cannot afford. Either way he's not going to become another team's asset for free.

But, don't you think Stamkos may want to get to FA, to see what is available?

He may get traded, but that doesn't mean he'd sign with the team that got him.

BigBadBruins63*

Would love to see him in Boston. The B's have hade some decent success with College & Jr. FA's, would be nice to see that continue.

He'd be an amazing add to the prospect pool. We are talking a legit impact young talent.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jimmy_vesey/

He'd be a nice replacement option for when Eriksson is either traded at the deadline or somehow we don't get anything for him, and he walks July 1

Obviously all dependent on Vesey opting not to sign.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He'd be an amazing add to the prospect pool. We are talking a legit impact young talent.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jimmy_vesey/

He'd be a nice replacement option for when Eriksson is either traded at the deadline or somehow we don't get anything for him, and he walks July 1

Obviously all dependent on Vesey opting not to sign.

I find it likely that Eriksson does end up walking on July 1st. I think it's likely the team will be in the race at the TDL.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Would love to see him in Boston. The B's have hade some decent success with College & Jr. FA's, would be nice to see that continue.

I will say that while I would love to see Vesey sign in Boston, I absolutely hate the system that allows these NCAA players to walk away from the team that drafted them. A team spends a pick on a kid, he goes to college, they wait for him, and if he stays long enough, he can just sign with whomever he wants.

Great for the prospect, not so good for the team that wasted the draft pick, and a lot of the time it has nothing to do with teams. Case in point, Mike Reilly (CLS 4th Round). The Blue Jackets maintained contact with Reilly and even met with him his senior year to reaffirm their interest. The only issue is that Reilly is from Minnesota, played for U Minn, and his Dad is a minority owner of the Wild.

Guess where Reilly signed?

Personally, I think if a team loses an NCAA prospect because he chooses to sign with another team (and not because they walk away like the Isles did with Robbie Russo), they should get a compensatory pick at the end of whatever round that player was drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad