Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
To Anh: Eriksson+Koko+2nd
To Bos: Nick Ritchie

To Philly: Malcolm Subban +K Miller + 2016 1st(lottery protected)
To Bos: Wayne Simmonds

Beleskey-Krejci-Simmonds
Marshy-Bergy-Connolly
Ritchie-Spooner-Pasta
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot

Chara-Morrow
Seids-Miller
Krug-McQuaid

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

Beleskey-Krejci-Simmonds
Marshy-Bergy-Connolly
Ritchie-Spooner-Pasta
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot

Chara-Morrow
Seids-Miller
Krug-McQuaid

I understand that Nick Ritchie is a highly touted prospect. But when in your life have you ever seen a team trade that kind of package (a top 6 forward, another good prospect, and a 2nd pick) for a guy who has NEVER played an NHL game? It just doesn't make sense.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It also doesn't make sense to trade for a player, sign him to a three year deal, and be mysteriously absent from the lineup ( Hayes )

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Would you do BOS 1st, Koko, Trotman for Buff with 3 million retained?

Eriksson Krejci Pasta
Marchand Bergeron Connolly
Beleksey Spooner Hayes
Kelly Kemp Rinaldo
Talbot

Chara Buff
Seids C.Miller/Morrow
Krug McQuaid
Irwin

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I understand that Nick Ritchie is a highly touted prospect. But when in your life have you ever seen a team trade that kind of package (a top 6 forward, another good prospect, and a 2nd pick) for a guy who has NEVER played an NHL game? It just doesn't make sense.

Loui is great and I like him, but he's done with us most likely after this season, Koko may never play a game in the NHL. Ritchie looks like a suitable/potentially better replacement for Lucic. If we don't intend on contending this season, I don't see the harm in pulling off a deal like this.

I take from your response that Anh would be all over that?

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario

Eriksson Krejci Pasta
Beleksey Spooner Hayes
Kelly Kemp Rinaldo
Talbot

Chara Buff
Seids C.Miller/Morrow
Krug McQuaid
Irwin

I'd really like to say yes, I like Byfuglien however I hate giving up a 1st rounder for him and I really don't feel like we should have to.

They've sheltered Byfuglien pretty well in Winnipeg and they know they likely can't re-sign him. Koko, Trotman and a 2nd or another prospect would be what I try for. Winnipeg gets two cost controlled players who can step right into their lineup & they add an extra future asset.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Eriksson Krejci Pasta
Beleksey Spooner Hayes
Kelly Kemp Rinaldo
Talbot

Chara Buff
Seids C.Miller/Morrow
Krug McQuaid
Irwin

What 1st round pic? If it's next year, I wouldn't do it. Could be a top 5-10 pick as this is looking like a bridge year.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Beleskey-Krejci-Simmonds
Marshy-Bergy-Connolly
Ritchie-Spooner-Pasta
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot

Chara-Morrow
Seids-Miller
Krug-McQuaid

Why does Philly trade their first line RW (who is 26, a classic Flyer-type and leading goal scorer from last season) without getting a winger back?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'd really like to say yes, I like Byfuglien however I hate giving up a 1st rounder for him and I really don't feel like we should have to.

They've sheltered Byfuglien pretty well in Winnipeg and they know they likely can't re-sign him. Koko, Trotman and a 2nd or another prospect would be what I try for. Winnipeg gets two cost controlled players who can step right into their lineup & they add an extra future asset.

They can do much better than that elsewhere.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Only way I see the Bruins trading one of their firsts is if it's for someone with term on their contract and a potential long term solution at forward/defense.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't think that's a bridge lineup with Buff.

I don't think it is a cup lineup with Buff either.

ultimately I am a hard no on Buff, because I believe if you give up what it will cost to get him then you have to resign him, and I think he is going to be an absolute disaster on his next contract

trudatman*

I'd rather see any/all of Chara, Seidenberg, Krug, McQuaid, Miller, Miller, Irwin, Morrow, Trotman, Zboril than them trying to patch Franson and/or Byfuglien in. Franson at least has a lower value while being the better option. really though, I'd rather see them collect Zidlicky and Schlemko to challenge Irwin for his placeholder spot ahead of Trotman.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

Beleskey-Krejci-Simmonds
Marshy-Bergy-Connolly
Ritchie-Spooner-Pasta
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot

Chara-Morrow
Seids-Miller
Krug-McQuaid

Why wouldnt 28 other teams beat that god awful offer for simmonds? Brutal.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
That's what ticks me off. There were so many trade proposals for top talent that would require Hamilton+. He could have fetched a top player with a draft pick and prospect.

Right but at the same time its also what the other gm wants, so unless you are in Sweeney's hat, you don't know.
Like from Philly's perspective you don't just dish away one of your top wingers just because on paper you see it as a fair deal

Last edited:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I'd rather see any/all of Chara, Seidenberg, Krug, McQuaid, Miller, Miller, Irwin, Morrow, Trotman, Zboril than them trying to patch Franson and/or Byfuglien in. Franson at least has a lower value while being the better option. really though, I'd rather see them collect Zidlicky and Schlemko to challenge Irwin for his placeholder spot ahead of Trotman.

Agreed. Once Erhoff came off the board for pennies, I'd just assume see if we can find a in house kid to step up...maybe look for a D when more options are readily available.

Bank any cash.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The nick ritchie talk does excite me a bit... but realisticly its not going to happen now. At the deadline i could see it depending how things are going. Anaheim is clearly in a win now mold. I dont know if any of their goalies are ready to be elite goalies this year. If anderson isnt having an amazing season i could see the potential to move rask and maybe eriksson to anaheim for one of their young coct controlld goalies plus richie plus one of their young dmen.

If we could walk away with gibson, theodore, ritchie and around 7 mill cap space to sign a number 1 ufa dman with that type of trade could bring us a cup or two down the road with all the other youth this team is now stock piling.

Of course anaheim doesnt do this if anderson doesnt struggle.

I see a couple other cup contenders with questionable goal tending we might be able to make a big move with.

Rask and krejci are the two big contracts that might be more useful to a cup team than they are to a bubble team. I think we need to wait until the deadline now and see how things are going. But down the road i see these two guys as the next in line to be a shocking trade like seguin and hamilton and even lucic all caught the fan base off guard the last 2 years.

Im not sure i like where we are headed but its definitely intersting. Got my fingers crossed for a good year hopefully.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If a site or link is ********* out its considered not reputable. Not a source. Therefore its content or circumvention of the *********** not allowed.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
The nick ritchie talk does excite me a bit... but realisticly its not going to happen now. At the deadline i could see it depending how things are going. Anaheim is clearly in a win now mold. I dont know if any of their goalies are ready to be elite goalies this year. If anderson isnt having an amazing season i could see the potential to move rask and maybe eriksson to anaheim for one of their young coct controlld goalies plus richie plus one of their young dmen.

If we could walk away with gibson, theodore, ritchie and around 7 mill cap space to sign a number 1 ufa dman with that type of trade could bring us a cup or two down the road with all the other youth this team is now stock piling.

Of course anaheim doesnt do this if anderson doesnt struggle.

I see a couple other cup contenders with questionable goal tending we might be able to make a big move with.

Rask and krejci are the two big contracts that might be more useful to a cup team than they are to a bubble team. I think we need to wait until the deadline now and see how things are going. But down the road i see these two guys as the next in line to be a shocking trade like seguin and hamilton and even lucic all caught the fan base off guard the last 2 years.

Im not sure i like where we are headed but its definitely intersting. Got my fingers crossed for a good year hopefully.

Bruins board talk is not The talk we get from the likes of Lebrun and others. So it's not talk to do much with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad