Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Boy I would love to see us make a Ference-like move for next season. An exact player of his caliber (when acquired), a stand up guy to build on.

An exact caliber of Ference when he was acquired was a slightly above average defender on a steady decline. He was a good leader but this team needs talent more than it needs a locker room guy right now.

Which rumor?

The one that claimed the Bruins were "Quietly gauging the value of veteran players?"

I guarantee you that it's true. It's called a GM doing his job.

I wish I could make money writing obvious articles.

"I'm hearing that teams are interested in the Bruins 1st round pick for this years draft"

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
An exact caliber of Ference when he was acquired was a slightly above average defender on a steady decline. He was a good leader but this team needs talent more than it needs a locker room guy right now.

I wish I could make money writing obvious articles.

"I'm hearing that teams are interested in the Bruins 1st round pick for this years draft"

Did you watch him when he was here? In his last playoff run with the team he, along with Johnny Boychuk, completely neutralized Sidney Crosby for four complete games...

Ference was a second pairing defenseman on a team that won two conference championships and a Stanley Cup. He wasn't just a locker room guy... He blocked shots, was very mobile, strong on the wall and moved the puck well out of the zone. You don't think that type of defenseman would be a massive upgrade over Kevan Miller or Torey Krug???

When the Bruins won the cup they dressed 5 defensive defenseman Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Ference and Mcquaid. Chara, Johnny, Seidenberg and Ference could all move the puck well too. Now we have 1 injury prone defensive defenseman in McQuaid and two old broken defensive defenseman in Chara and Seidenberg. Kevan Miller belongs in the AHL, he sucks, period.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Agreed. Chara is a top 45 dman all-time, but Tremblay was better and he got snubbed by the HHoF (Chara won't be) and Rob Blake was almost as good as Chara. Bourque is top 3 all time behind only Orr and another guy and ahead of guys such as Lidstrom, Potvin, and Fetisov. Except for both being Bruins, there is no comparison between the 2. My Bruins top 6 dmen and their all time dmen rank is:

#1 Orr - #3 Bourque
#4 Shore - #11 Park
#24 Clapper - #42 Chara

JC Tremblay better then Chara ? I don't think so. Chara has been/was the dominant shutdown D-man of the last 10-15 years who also put up well above average offensive numbers. Tremblay was a really solid player at both ends of the ice but never a dominating presence at either end.

Elvis P

I got 9 lives, cat's eyes
Dec 10, 2007
Black Sabbath
JC Tremblay better then Chara ? I don't think so. Chara has been/was the dominant shutdown D-man of the last 10-15 years who also put up well above average offensive numbers. Tremblay was a really solid player at both ends of the ice but never a dominating presence at either end.
This is a total homer post. I agree to disagree. How about if we trade Joe Thornton for Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau and Marco Sturm? ;)

BigBadBruins63*

If Jim Vesey doesn't sign with NSH, think he's a guy the Bruins could sign?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Would love to get Veysey add him to Vatrano, Debrusk, Senyshen and the top picks from next year's draft could be very special.

As for a trade how about Rask to the Oilers for Cam Talbot and first round picks in 2016 & 2017

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Would love to get Veysey add him to Vatrano, Debrusk, Senyshen and the top picks from next year's draft could be very special.

As for a trade how about Rask to the Oilers for Cam Talbot and first round picks in 2016 & 2017

Oilers would never do that IMO.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Is it too early for the 'Stamkos to Boston speculation thread' ?

Draws -

Original 6 team
Massive hockey market
City of Champions
Cap space
Krejci/Pastrnak/Bergeron (I feel thats a draw)
excuse the homer in me but...can we agree winning a cup in Boston is 'more' than winning a cup in Tampa?

Negatives -
Our D is trash
We're going to be in the bottom half of the league
Tampa is deep as ****
Florida's weather?

Thoughts? Other destinations? Bribery tactics to get him in the black and gold's #91 (my favourite number too :D)

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Is there anyone here with a scouting eye for goalies? I know they're a mysterious lot, but I'd really like an informed opinion on what we have in Subban and McIntyre. I heard Jeff Marek mention that a scout sold him on Subban being the best of the next wave of goalies in the league. Anyone think that could be true?

I'm asking because I'm intrigued with the idea of moving Rask at the deadline.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

Draws -

Original 6 team
Massive hockey market
City of Champions
Cap space
excuse the homer in me but...can we agree winning a cup in Boston is 'more' than winning a cup in Tampa?

Negatives -
Our D is trash
Tampa is deep as ****
Florida's weather?

Thoughts? Other destinations? Bribery tactics to get him in the black and gold's #91 (my favourite number too :D)
pretty sure he already signed in toronto for $1,000,000,000,000 based on what i've read

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

Draws -

Original 6 team
Massive hockey market
City of Champions
Cap space

Negatives -
Our D is trash
Tampa is deep as ****
Florida's weather?

How exactly are we affording Stamkos and what are we giving up to get him? I promise Krejci won't be on this team if Stamkos is here.

BigBadBruins63*

I would love Stamkos, but Krejci would need to go in order the Bruins to even have a chance at signing him. For one, he's a center, and doesn't play wing. Krejci is a center, who doesn't play wing. Bergeron is a saint and won't be moved, and he doesn't play wing. You won't carry 3 centers of that caliber. You'd also need that 7 million off the books to sign him (since he'll definitely command a 9+ million salary. They would have the money for him.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
I would love Stamkos, but Krejci would need to go in order the Bruins to even have a chance at signing him. For one, he's a center, and doesn't play wing. Krejci is a center, who doesn't play wing. Bergeron is a saint and won't be moved, and he doesn't play wing. You won't carry 3 centers of that caliber. You'd also need that 7 million off the books to sign him (since he'll definitely command a 9+ million salary. They would have the money for him.

And don't forget we' re getting Auston Mathews too.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

stamkos played wing in the playoffs for tampa but I agree krejci would need to be moved.

BigBadBruins63*

stamkos played wing in the playoffs for tampa but I agree krejci would need to be moved.

Moving Krejci would make the team better anyway. We could deal him for a quality defenseman, and adding Matthews to LW, our top line of Matthews/Stamkos/Pastrnak would just be unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad