Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Alright, since you asked.

Sweeney went to Harvard correct?

Perhaps he's smart enough to know about the tagging rule and extending Loui now may put him in jeopardy if he attempts to add someone this season and actually place Kelly on LTIR and use that space.

I mean, I have a grade 8 education and can figure that out so I'm sure the Harvard grad can.

IMO, no reason to extend him before trade deadline day and place yourself in a bind.

Just my two cents worth.

Now, I introduce DKH to explain the tagging rule and how RFA and UFA extensions apply

Only problem I see Dom is our last GM also had a Harvard education and look at some of the contracts he handed out.

If Sweeney signs anyone to an extension before the trade deadline I'll personally be pissed off...yet what does that matter.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

Perhaps he's smart enough to know about the tagging rule and extending Loui now may put him in jeopardy if he attempts to add someone this season and actually place Kelly on LTIR and use that space.

I mean, I have a grade 8 education and can figure that out so I'm sure the Harvard grad can.

IMO, no reason to extend him before trade deadline day and place yourself in a bind.

Just my two cents worth.

Now, I introduce DKH to explain the tagging rule and how RFA and UFA extensions apply

Tagging has been explained to me a dozen times - lasts in my head right until I have another beer and poof - goes to the same place as my long lost ability to conjugate French verbs.
As far as extending him... I think it would be a wait and see game entering the season. Considering all the new faces I don't think they knew exactly what the team would look like and how some of them would play. If I was GM I'd have waited to see what I have in Beleskey, Hayes, Pastrnak and Connolly and to see how the team was doing - bottom five, bubble or comfortably in the playoffs.
The jury is still probably out but at this point - I'd pony up for that 5 year $5.5M contract - or whatever (I never know what players will get)

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We drafted several huge wingers last year. I hope we'd be willing to look at a smaller player, but one with huge upside in terms of speed and skill.

DeBrincat might even be available mid 1st round... possibly even later.

I've always said, NHL Central Scouting overrates size and often underrates smaller players.

Gaudreau is 5'9, 157 lbs, and the 5th overall in scoring right now, behind only Kane, Seguin, Benn, and Wheeler.

He was drafted in the 4th round, 104th overall.

Huge wingers? Yeah the 7h round kid was 6'3, but I wouldn't call any of the other Bruins picks huge. Senyshyn and JFK are decent size at 6'1", the rest are smaller than that

There is a point where DiBrincat is an interesting pick, but I doubt that point is in the lottery

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
The money is alright, but the term is horrible.

You don't give players 7 year long contracts anymore. You just don't.

can't remember how many years each signed for but...
Bergeron's deal has been great.
Both of Chara's contracts were great. (yes, even now)
Krejci's looks pretty good.
Seguin's was a steal.
Rask's doesn't look bad at all.
Lucic's worked out well.

Sure Savvy got hurt... but the rest of the long term contracts Boston has handed out allowed them to get the cap hits down in a lot of cases and ice an excellent team.

Those NTCs are more often than not exchanged for a few hundred thousand a year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Just my two cents worth.

I am not allowed to.

I am on best behavior.

Loui will be moved pre trade deadline with the Bruins in the playoff hunt

He's getting a 5/25+ and that isn't happening here

He will then go on to score over 150 goals the next 5 years

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Of course, in a perfect world Loui would sign a contract near to, or the same as he is on now, for 2/3 years max. But does he do it> I doubt it. We need him on a short 'sweet' contract. I feel that Boston right now is right on the edge of either making a trade and returning to a super power in the East, or botching a trade and being mediocre kind of the same as it felt leading up to the cup. We're not far off...but the next move(s) will determine how Boston shakes out the next few years.

I think if we keep this team together and have a strong draft week we can be contenders in the East, but if we lose Lou we are taking a huge risk with Krecji's/Bergeron's primes.

We drafted several huge wingers last year. I hope we'd be willing to look at a smaller player, but one with huge upside in terms of speed and skill.

DeBrincat might even be available mid 1st round... possibly even later.

I've always said, NHL Central Scouting overrates size and often underrates smaller players.

Gaudreau is 5'9, 157 lbs, and the 5th overall in scoring right now, behind only Kane, Seguin, Benn, and Wheeler.

He was drafted in the 4th round, 104th overall.

With our depth we could definitely go for DeBrincat with that later pick, this team needs elite talent and that's one way to try to find it.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I am not allowed to.

I am on best behavior.

You don't think they'd give him 5/25+? I would. Wouldn't really hesitate.
I think moving him will gut this core the same as the Boychuk trade did. I like the promise of the kids and stuff but I want a competitive team in the meantime. And who would play with Krejci?

Follow Detroit's model of signing vets and keeping the kids in the minors until they really earn their spot on an NHL roster.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You don't think they'd give him 5/25+? I would. Wouldn't really hesitate.
I think moving him will gut this core the same as the Boychuk trade did. I like the promise of the kids and stuff but I want a competitive team in the meantime. And who would play with Krejci?

Follow Detroit's model of signing vets and keeping the kids in the minors until they really earn their spot on an NHL roster.

I say we need to start thinking on drafting a high end C if Lou goes.
Our D+G+W are safe with our prospect pool but top6C is not.

:laugh: :laugh: With Lou money :laugh: :laugh:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I was thinking him but does he have potential to replace Krejci?

I believe Bergeron will be a great player through his contract, top6C who gets played on the 2nd line.
But I'm not sure if I want to see Krejci-Bergeron top6 for 6years, if we can be competitive enough with them.(not saying trade Krejci).

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I am not allowed to.

I am on best behavior.

The only part of this I question is why the Bruins wouldn't give him 5/$25+. I would.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I am not allowed to.

I am on best behavior.

More like 5/30, imo, but I'd still do it.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Just my two cents worth.

Thanks Dom, incredibly helpful as usual.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I am not allowed to.

I am on best behavior.

Ditto, Dan. Though I'm not sure about those 150Gs for Loui. :)

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Huge wingers? Yeah the 7h round kid was 6'3, but I wouldn't call any of the other Bruins picks huge. Senyshyn and JFK are decent size at 6'1", the rest are smaller than that

There is a point where DiBrincat is an interesting pick, but I doubt that point is in the lottery

Huge wingers. Big wingers. Whatever. They're not small. :)

I don't think DiBrincat will be a lottery pick. I expect size concerns will push him outside the top 10-15.

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
This is an ugly two headed monster. Once the Bruins picked a style of player as they did and against the will of many here. Now if they go back and draft a DeBrincat this place could go down in flames. :laugh: :laugh:

Imagine if Sweeney drafted down/off the board and took DeBrincat in the 1st round.

Begin HFBoard meltdown in 3, 2, 1... :laugh:

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
in my honest opinion i would much rather have loui than have krejci and his contract for the rest of those years.. the haul would be that much better.. you would have to get a huge haul .lets get crazy kevin fiala, seth jones, paul gaustad for krejci +chara . preds are getting a # 1 center they have never had and adding one of the best dmen of all time. nashville can win the cup with that lineup . they have the cap space, especially with us taking back gaustad's contract. jones is an rfa and they have a ton of rfa's. this would only happen if boston is in the tank and nashville decides they are all in . our rebuild would be over besides the time it takes the young kids to develop. i love loui's game.. the guy is so smart and skilled in ways that dont scream highlight reel. would love to keep him so the young guys could learn from him. i like krejci but im so scared of him turning into the next lucic, turning it on for some games and floating through the rest, living of the "produces in the playoff," (one year) this is just for fun and discussion, roast away if you want , but im bored and these "crazy ideas" are fun to think about

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
in my honest opinion i would much rather have loui than have krejci and his contract for the rest of those years.. the haul would be that much better.. you would have to get a huge haul .lets get crazy kevin fiala, seth jones, paul gaustad for krejci +chara . preds are getting a # 1 center they have never had and adding one of the best dmen of all time. nashville can win the cup with that lineup . they have the cap space, especially with us taking back gaustad's contract. jones is an rfa and they have a ton of rfa's. this would only happen if boston is in the tank and nashville decides they are all in . our rebuild would be over besides the time it takes the young kids to develop. i love loui's game.. the guy is so smart and skilled in ways that dont scream highlight reel. would love to keep him so the young guys could learn from him. i like krejci but im so scared of him turning into the next lucic, turning it on for some games and floating through the rest, living of the "produces in the playoff," (one year) this is just for fun and discussion, roast away if you want , but im bored and these "crazy ideas" are fun to think about

I was just thinking about how I haven't played NHL 16 in a few weeks

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
i bet nhl16 wouldnt even let me do that trade! my point was more towards keeping loui and trading krejci, nashville made the most sense cap wise and roster wise. you cant tell me they wouldnt atleast think about it . again it was fun , helping me get through this rainy new england day.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
More like 5/30, imo, but I'd still do it.

As would I. $6M 5 years. NTC first 3-4 years. I'd sign that. (they surprisingly haven't given me that authority yet)

As far as Krejci. I don't move him the next few years at least. His style and build remind me a lot of H. Sedin who had his best years at this age. Neither relies on speed but as they age (before things really go downhill) they read the game better and better and are more effective. I have no problem watching Krejci - Bergeron as the one two punch down the middle for the forseeable future.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was thinking him but does he have potential to replace Krejci?

I believe Bergeron will be a great player through his contract, top6C who gets played on the 2nd line.
But I'm not sure if I want to see Krejci-Bergeron top6 for 6years, if we can be competitive enough with them.(not saying trade Krejci).

Krejci going no where - he's gog 2 things in his favor

Sweeney from my understanding is a big fan

The contract NMC

Heinen will find a spot on lower teo lines at C or be tried at LW

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
As would I. $6M 5 years. NTC first 3-4 years. I'd sign that. (they surprisingly haven't given me that authority yet)

As far as Krejci. I don't move him the next few years at least. His style and build remind me a lot of H. Sedin who had his best years at this age. Neither relies on speed but as they age (before things really go downhill) they read the game better and better and are more effective. I have no problem watching Krejci - Bergeron as the one two punch down the middle for the forseeable future.

If somehow the Bruins with either of their picks gets #1 Matthews, do you then Trade Krejci or (gulp) Bergeron? Would Matthews play the wing? Also something to consider lets say in a dream world we signed Stamkos, then Krejci could be moved as Stammer wants to play Center. These things will all play out in the off season, as of this year at the deadline doubt we move either of the top 2 C's, therefore a guy like Eriksson could be very valuable to deal to a team in the chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad