Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hope you're wrong.
Eriksson's the same draft as Bergeron - but nobody wants to ship him out.
I'm a big believer in maintaining a solid veteran core as you transition to the next generation. Dealing vets for picks at the TDL sounds good on paper but how often does that pan out for the selling team in reality? (and it's not like (unless another concussion) Eriksson wouldn't have value in a few years if you had to move him then)
I think having a stable veteran core is better in the short and long term than an extra late 1st and another prospect, as young players are allowed to move into their own at their pace, develop properly and join a competitive environment.
Chara's age, no Kelly, Seidenberg is a question mark... Vets could be down to Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand and McQuaid awfully quickly.

Cap space is all fine and dandy but where are you going to spend it? You have a few kids on entry levels right now and a lot that should be knocking at the door in a few years so I don't think The Cap should be as much of a concern at the moment (unless you're worried about Jacobs' finances)

I am a huge Loui fan and would love to see him resigned- and also keep Marchand.

If you keep Marchand, Eriksson, and Beleskey you have three players that will all be in their 30's on the left side in a few years making likely around $15 M or so combined.

Logically I just don't see it.

You have kids like Vatrano and DeBrusk who are left wingers- same with Heinen who may be the best of them all.

ISS in an article I read said Boston may not have can't miss guys at the top of their prospects but they are very deep and skilled at EVERY position; they are in an strong position to ice a very competitive team with their inventory in the system.

I'll go so far as to say I can envision both ERIKSSON & MARCHAND gone by no later than June 2017.

My friends keep saying watch the Bruins and Vesey. He's that good and he is a natural LW. If they get Vesey I would not be buying a Marchand jersey unless its 50 % off.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I am a huge Loui fan and would love to see him resigned- and also keep Marchand.

If you keep Marchand, Eriksson, and Beleskey you have three players that will all be in their 30's on the left side in a few years making likely around $15 M or so combined.

You have kids like Vatrano and DeBrusk who are left wingers- same with Heinen who may be the best of them all.

ISS in an article I read said Boston may not have can't miss guys at the top of their prospects but they are very deep and skilled at EVERY position; they are in an strong position to ice a very competitive team with their inventory in the system.

I'll go so far as to say I can envision both ERIKSSON & MARCHAND gone by no later than June 2017.

My friends keep saying watch the Bruins and Vesey. He's that good and he is a natural LW. If they get Vesey I would not be buying a Marchand jersey unless its 50 % off.

Jesse Gabrielle, Peter Cehlarik, and Anton Blidh all on the left too.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This is excellent news.

Trade Marleau and Thornton. DO IT. DO IT NOW.

TANK, SAN JOSE. TAAAAAANK!

If Marleau trade happens would be gold to see Joe being done and say move me now :laugh:

If that would happen then Marchand should get traded this years deadline latest and get a huge return.

That's still a huge huge risk with our core guys, Bergeron 30y, Krejci 29y and Chara 38y.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I don't think Sweeney is going to keep Eriksson. His age his contract and guys like Vatrano, DeBrusk, and maybe Vesey. Beleskey is a third liner and they have Marchand. There isn't much room if loui gets a deal

I agree.

If we move Eriksson at the trade deadline, I think we could expect a Vermette-style deal, which was a ludicrous haul.

Arizona got a 2015 1st rounder and Dahlbeck, a young, big, D who is eating top 4 minutes with Arizona this year.

That 1st rounder turned into Nick Merkley, who is 18yrs old and scored 90pts in 72 games for Kelowna last year.

Given Eriksson is far better than the overrated Vermette, we could expect a comparable/better deal, though it always depends on "fits and needs" (I realize "fits and needs" sounds too much like a Chiarelli-ism for my liking).

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Do you view Heinen more as a wing or a center? I'd be pretty excited with Krejci - Bergeron - Heinen down the middle for the foreseeable future.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Marleau is on the block. Not sure he'd accept a trade here, but he'd be a good veteran guy on this team. Wouldnt be a rental seeing he has 1 more year on his contract. But its an interesting option.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do you view Heinen more as a wing or a center? I'd be pretty excited with Krejci - Bergeron - Heinen down the middle for the foreseeable future.

I see him as a center but i have read he can play left wing very well.

What will be fascinating if Sweeney doesn't plan on signing Loui and as the trade deadline beckons Boston is in the mix and Loui is playing well.

I can see Boston playing it out if they are in a good spot and Loui walking away after season.

Although Sweeney has big ones as we've seen but I would be very surprised to see a playoff seeded Bruins team even if 8th deal a productive Eriksson near the deadline for futures

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

This is way too optimistic, kids need development and then we can see their true potential. They might be good players someday, at this moment, they are no more than prospects. Does not make any sense placing Loui/Marchand even Beleskey on trade block thinking they could be replaced by the kids, but at the same time keeping Bergeron/Krejci/Rask.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So the top 4 of the draft is looking like

Matthews
DeBrincat
Chychrun
Puljujarvi?

If were stocking picks then we must trade down and get elite potential, not mid rounders. Right now though its hard to get a read on whih teams will be lottery ones but if the current outlook remains then i dont see any of those teams giving up any of their lottery first rounders especially teams like CBJ/CGY if they both remain crappy. If we arent lottery material then we sure as **** better go on a run this time.

Despite the production, not sure teams will see DeBrincat as a Top 5 pick? Size will likely be an issue. The majority of the lists appear to contain these kids:

Matthews
Chychrun
Puljujarvi
Tkachuk
Laine

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I see him as a center but i have read he can play left wing very well.

What will be fascinating if Sweeney doesn't plan on signing Loui and as the trade deadline beckons Boston is in the mix and Loui is playing well.

I can see Boston playing it out if they are in a good spot and Loui walking away after season.

Although Sweeney has big ones as we've seen but I would be very surprised to see a playoff seeded Bruins team even if 8th deal a productive Eriksson near the deadline for futures
It's good to hear that Heinen can play both positions well.

As much as I like Eriksson, I think we should move him. This way of thinking may be a bit premature, but with the emergence of Vatrano, and with Pastrnak looking to get back in the lineup, I don't see room for Eriksson on this team at LW if Vatrano, Marchand, and Beleskey make up our top 9 LW.

Our future on the right side consists of Pastrnak and Senyshyn which further clouds Eriksson's future on this team. In my opinion, what's so tricky about what we should do on the right side depends on how much Senyshyn progresses in his development. If he's ready by next year, then there's no question he'll be placed in the top 6. However, it may be beneficial to let him play another year with the Soo which arises some problems with two players who are free agents next year, Connolly and Eriksson.

I don't think it would be beneficial for the Bruins to re-sign Eriksson for 2+ years at anywhere upwards of $5+mill to play on the 3rd line which is why I think it would be best to get whatever you can for him. To me, Connolly is in the same boat. If the Bruins are in it they can trade both of these players and still stay competitive. If Senyshyn does indeed stay one more year with the Soo, I think the Bruins should add a middle 6 RW with 1 more year on that player's contract to act as a stop gap for Senyshyn.

It'll be interesting to see what the Bruins will do with Beleskey and especially Marchand. I think Beleskey stays until DeBrusk is ready which could be anywhere between 2-3 years which Beleskey will then have an 8-team no trade list making him movable. Pertaining to Marchand, it'll be interesting to see if someone like Heinen or the signing of Vesey (if it ever happens) pushes Sweeney's hand to deal him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's good to hear that Heinen can play both positions well.

As much as I like Eriksson, I think we should move him. This way of thinking may be a bit premature, but with the emergence of Vatrano, and with Pastrnak looking to get back in the lineup, I don't see room for Eriksson on this team at LW if Vatrano, Marchand, and Beleskey make up our top 9 LW.

Our future on the right side consists of Pastrnak and Senyshyn which further clouds Eriksson's future on this team. In my opinion, what's so tricky about what we should do on the right side depends on how much Senyshyn progresses in his development. If he's ready by next year, then there's no question he'll be placed in the top 6. However, it may be beneficial to let him play another year with the Soo which arises some problems with two players who are free agents next year, Connolly and Eriksson.

I don't think it would be beneficial for the Bruins to re-sign Eriksson for 2+ years at anywhere upwards of $5+mill to play on the 3rd line which is why I think it would be best to get whatever you can for him. To me, Connolly is in the same boat. If the Bruins are in it they can trade both of these players and still stay competitive. If Senyshyn does indeed stay one more year with the Soo, I think the Bruins should add a middle 6 RW with 1 more year on that player's contract to act as a stop gap for Senyshyn.

It'll be interesting to see what the Bruins will do with Beleskey and especially Marchand. I think Beleskey stays until DeBrusk is ready which could be anywhere between 2-3 years which Beleskey will then have an 8-team no trade list making him movable. Pertaining to Marchand, it'll be interesting to see if someone like Heinen or the signing of Vesey (if it ever happens) pushes Sweeney's hand to deal him.

I have not seen Heinen on the wing yet. Last year when I watched him he was almost exclusively centering Moore and Doremus on Denver's top line. He didn't appear to be shy of the corners or dirty areas and while he seemed to be more of a pass first guy, he supposedly has a very good shot.

Beleskey's NTC is only for the first two years of the deal I believe?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I have not seen Heinen on the wing yet. Last year when I watched him he was almost exclusively centering Moore and Doremus on Denver's top line. He didn't appear to be shy of the corners or dirty areas and while he seemed to be more of a pass first guy, he supposedly has a very good shot.

Beleskey's NTC is only for the first two years of the deal I believe?
He has a Full NTC this season, a modified NTC 2016-2019 which he can submit an 8-team (could be 6 not sure) no-trade list, and nothing in his final season. I could be wrong though. I got this information from spotrac.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I think that if there's a fair deal to be made with Eriksson, its better to make it and go from there. Loui is a known commodity and I think he has several good years still ahead. The problem with prospects is that they are.. Prospects. Maybe they turn out, maybe they don't. Seen too many guys expected to be contributors and turned out to be nothing. Can we really expect that all of these young guys will pan out? If/when they do, cross that bridge when you get there. Will it be harder to move Eriksson then? Maybe. Maybe we get less than we could have now. But what difference would that make if already have Senyshen, Debrusk, Zboril, Carlo, Gabrielle, Heinen, Jfk, Donato, Vatrano, etc.etc.. all pushing to make the lineup?

Looking at things from a slightly different angle.. If we keep Loui around and any or all of these kids are really pushing for a spot, maybe they can be trade bait to add that extra piece to really put the bruins into contention.

Summing things up.. Sign Loui. Dont trade him.

Just my take.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I think that if there's a fair deal to be made with Eriksson, its better to make it and go from there. Loui is a known commodity and I think he has several good years still ahead. The problem with prospects is that they are.. Prospects. Maybe they turn out, maybe they don't. Seen too many guys expected to be contributors and turned out to be nothing. Can we really expect that all of these young guys will pan out? If/when they do, cross that bridge when you get there. Will it be harder to move Eriksson then? Maybe. Maybe we get less than we could have now. But what difference would that make if already have Senyshen, Debrusk, Zboril, Carlo, Gabrielle, Heinen, Jfk, Donato, Vatrano, etc.etc.. all pushing to make the lineup?

Looking at things from a slightly different angle.. If we keep Loui around and any or all of these kids are really pushing for a spot, maybe they can be trade bait to add that extra piece to really put the bruins into contention.

Summing things up.. Sign Loui. Dont trade him.

Just my take.

Loui is a great player! Kinda like our modern day PJ Axelsson. Depending on the market, I sell high. Guy is a perfect depth player for any contender. The return would help balance that Seguin trade furthermore. So excited about this teams future!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Marleau is on the block. Not sure he'd accept a trade here, but he'd be a good veteran guy on this team. Wouldnt be a rental seeing he has 1 more year on his contract. But its an interesting option.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/source-sharks-marleau-would-accept-trade-one-three-teams

The New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings would all be locations that the Sharks’ all-time leading scorer would deem acceptable.

Feels like he's been on the block the past five years haha.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/source-sharks-marleau-would-accept-trade-one-three-teams

The New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings would all be locations that the Sharks’ all-time leading scorer would deem acceptable.

Feels like he's been on the block the past five years haha.

Chicago+Nashville were added to that, I have more faith this year that these are true and he is out.

But I guess it goes without saying on Lou that Lou can't be allowed to walk free this summer, would be a huge failure.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Chicago+Nashville were added to that, I have more faith this year that these are true and he is out.

But I guess it goes without saying on Lou that Lou can't be allowed to walk free this summer, would be a huge failure.

I thought that was speculation? Was that confirmed?

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?

Nonononononononono.

We'd be catching the train going in the wrong direction.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Despite the production, not sure teams will see DeBrincat as a Top 5 pick? Size will likely be an issue. The majority of the lists appear to contain these kids:

Matthews
Chychrun
Puljujarvi
Tkachuk
Laine

If we end up picking outside the top 5, I wouldn't mind gambling on DeBrincat. The kid is absolutely shredding the OHL this year. Kid is on a Connor McDavid-esque 140 pt pace right now.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I just don't think management sees it the way many here do.

I think there are enough blueliners right now who can learn on the fly and play big minutes. Maybe too many currently in Boston. With Seidenberg getting closer to returning, having PK options on the back end should become less of an issue.

But to have a veteran guy like Kelly who fits a variety of different roles and can play all three forward positions? I think that's where they feel they lack. Talbot wasn't going to be that guy either.

Remember when they ditched Kobasew and brought in Paille? I think they're looking at doing something along those lines. Except instead of a Kobasew, I'd have to think it's one of the defencemen on the way out.

I'm ok with a move like that, but I definitely don't want to be giving up youth or over pay with draft picks to get a bottom six player.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So are we suggesting Sweeney is going to have positions waiting for 18yr old kids who were just drafted this letting Loui & possibly Marchand go? Yikes, whatever happened to letting the kids earn their way onto the roster & stealing the position from the vets? Not as if cap space is an issue right now.

What is the consensus on term Eriksson would be looking for on this next deal? Would he be open to 2 or 3 years? Or is it assumed he'll want a 6-8yr deal? Ideally 3yrs/ 17.25m ($5.75m per). IF Debrusk or one of the kids comes on strong, Eriksson can still be moved. I'm not a fan of kids not having to earn their spots

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So are we suggesting Sweeney is going to have positions waiting for 18yr old kids who were just drafted this letting Loui & possibly Marchand go? Yikes, whatever happened to letting the kids earn their way onto the roster & stealing the position from the vets? Not as if cap space is an issue right now.

What is the consensus on term Eriksson would be looking for on this next deal? Would he be open to 2 or 3 years? Or is it assumed he'll want a 6-8yr deal? Ideally 3yrs/ 17.25m ($5.75m per). IF Debrusk or one of the kids comes on strong, Eriksson can still be moved. I'm not a fan of kids not having to earn their spots

Yah, there going to gut the team so in case they get a high pick, that player will have a spot.:sarcasm:
Reality check needed here. People too optimistic with prospects. They are not a proven commodity.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I thought that was speculation? Was that confirmed?

Yeah it was
"Some NHL executives have speculated Chicago and Nashville could also be approved teams"
http://www.tsn.ca/sharks-marleau-would-look-favourably-on-a-trade-1.391918

Looks promising this year.

If we end up picking outside the top 5, I wouldn't mind gambling on DeBrincat. The kid is absolutely shredding the OHL this year. Kid is on a Connor McDavid-esque 140 pt pace right now.

I'd love to take a risk with DeBrincat if we have a top3/5 pick to go with it.
Would be hard to find teams I'd trade our prospect pool then.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I don't think anyone (at least no one reasonable) is suggesting that. I think what DKH and others are getting at is that long-term there probably won't be a place for all 3 of Loui/Marchand/Beleskey. With Loui and Marchand nearing the end of their deals decisions will have to be made about who to keep. So the valid point is being raised that it may make sense to trade a guy like Loui while you can get something for him and avoid committing big money to him when he's not in your long-term plans.

Sure you can extend Loui and Marchand at market value, but then you're back in "cap hell" again in a couple years and have less leverage in moving either guy.

So yeah I don't think anyone is saying trade them and replace them with prospects next year. just that it might make sense to cut bait on one or both of them and then maybe sign or trade for a cheaper option as a bridge until the kids are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad