Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
What if I told you that Seidenberg was no longer that?

Then I'd also ask tonight's winning lottery numbers.

That's certainly a possibility but we don't know what he is right now. I'd still wait and see with him before snagging a top-4 shut down guy though.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
It would be great if he returned healthy & the player he was 2 years ago pre injury. How likely is that though?

Don't know. Still you wait and see what you have with him before throwing assets at the same type of player IMO.

If he's nowhere near his old self then you move on and target the type of player you mentioned.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I finally got around to watching the 3rd period against the Avs. Chara got pushed to the ice too easily. One time he tried to protect the puck by getting in front of a player, got pushed, flopped to the ice and the player goes the other way with the puck.
Later on Duchene does the same thing. On the Ave first goal you see that a big reach is great but when your feet are not moving well, things don't go your way.

Much earlier in the game he passes the puck inside the Bruins blue line to an Avs player. He was trying to go D to D 10 feet from his blue line.

Just a warning, if you don't like it like that then take it as my observation.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

That's certainly a possibility but we don't know what he is right now. I'd still wait and see with him before snagging a top-4 shut down guy though.

Hard miles man. There may not be 5 dmen in the league who had harder miles than him. Shot blocking monster, tons of deep playoff runs. Usually those bodies don't hold up well at his age and with major injuries. It's just the nature of the beast.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Wish there was some way we could steal Ryan Murray from the Jackets. They are playing badly as of late fingers crossed in induces a brain fart. Young D take time to develop, Adam Larson would be nice too.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

What we know is he is/was recovering from an injury and wasn't as good as he used to be, even before the injury.

Yes, he could be a top 4 shutdown, but logistically, the odds aren't in his favor.

Picking up another top 4, AND Seidenberg comes back to form is a better problem than Seidenberg not coming back to form and not picking up another.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I propose Joonas Kemppainen for a 7th round pick.

Guy is the re-incarnation of Trent Whitfield.

He belongs on the next bus to Providence along with Talbot.

Juneau

Oct 13, 2015
Well,

Nvm. Seems the KHL has blocked my video

If Chudinov can adapt to the smaller ice surface this would be a huge plus for our defensive core. I can't help but think going from large to small rink size would be benificial for a defenseman, both offensively and defensively.

And I'm curious what that contract would look like. Having seen the relatively low cost of bringing the Yeti and now Kemppainen over, as established players in a similar age group, would their deals be comparable? Or would the salary expectations of a player coming from the KHL be greater than one coming out of the SEL?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I guess this is the right place for this,
but I really don't think we should talk about trading Lou before we know what we got in Hayes and Connolly, especially in Connolly.

Beleskey is not a top6 winger, Connolly is nowhere near being a top6 winger, Hayes is not a top6 winger, I much rather let the kids replace few of those than Lou.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Just watching the NHL Network and they were discussing the 0-6 start in CLS. All three guys thought that if they lost to the Isles tonight, there would be a coaching change. Kypreos was surprised it didn't happen after the 6th loss.

With the expectations for the Blue Jackets this year, I wonder if there isn't a panic trade to be made there? If CLS was interested in a veteran player like Loui to stabilize the ship, I would look into it. Jenner and Milano would be a guy high on my list.

Just spitballing...

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Just watching the NHL Network and they were discussing the 0-6 start in CLS. All three guys thought that if they lost to the Isles tonight, there would be a coaching change. Kypreos was surprised it didn't happen after the 6th loss.

With the expectations for the Blue Jackets this year, I wonder if there isn't a panic trade to be made there? If CLS was interested in a veteran player like Loui to stabilize the ship, I would look into it. Jenner and Milano would be a guy high on my list.

Just spitballing...

Would be surprised if CBJ did it, but hell yes to either.

It's unfortunate that they also need D help in a bad way. And if they do blow that D up I hope we stay away from JMFJ, I feel for the kid and the crap he's had to deal with but never really lived up to the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad