Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerboysmith

May 5, 2003
Planet Nebula
Visit site
I am all for Landeskog, think he would be a good fit and round out the top 6 very nicely.
As long as Mcavoy and Carlo are not included as prospects.
I think some salary from the roster needs to go back with picks or prospects however

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
I am all for Landeskog, think he would be a good fit and round out the top 6 very nicely.
As long as Mcavoy and Carlo are not included as prospects.
I think some salary from the roster needs to go back with picks or prospects however

Just looking at CapFriendly, Landeskog would only count $2.8mil for rest of season. That shouldn't be an issue for this year. The trouble starts next season when Pastrnak will be due a raise, but they could let Liles walk and Chara's cap hit finally goes down to $4mil.

Bruins could have about 17mil in cap space at deadline from not using LTIR but I'm afraid that will be too late to keep them in playoff picture.

http://https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bruins

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Krug would be perfect for Winnipeg. Krug, Heinen or DeBrusk Or Zboril or Lindgren plus the Edmonton 2 for Trouba. Any mix of three. Getting rid of Krug and his salary is keey here for cap space. Once we get a Trouba and McAVOY, we will forget Krug ever existed.

Landeskog, we should offer Louzan, DeBrusk or Spooner, or anyone not named

McAVOY or Carlo. They stay.

Marchy-Bergie-Pasta
LSkog-Krejci-Vatrano
Beleskey-Backes-Moore
Schaller-Nash-Blidth

Chara-Carlo
C Miller-Trouba Trouba -McAVOY when he gets here in April.
Morrow-McQuaid,-K Miller-Liles

Rask
?????

But then you basically have no LH defensemen on the roster after Chara.

I guess you can play Trouba on the left side. He hates doing that, but he should be used to it by now.

More realistically then you are dooming Carlo to 3rd paring role for his career

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
But then you basically have no LH defensemen on the roster after Chara.

I guess you can play Trouba on the left side. He hates doing that, but he should be used to it by now.

More realistically then you are dooming Carlo to 3rd paring role for his career

K. Miller hasn't looked that bad over there.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Hmmmmm..... So......

Is Landeskog a Bruins yet? :naughty:

No, but I would offer them a first, a pick of Morrow/McQuaid/K. Miller, and a pick from a limited pool of our prospects. But that's me, there is no urgency on Boston's part to do this.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Based on the report of the Avs scouts at the SJ farm team game(s), I'm starting to think they have moved on from Boston's offer(s) and have something else in the works...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Based on the report of the Avs scouts at the SJ farm team game(s), I'm starting to think they have moved on from Boston's offer(s) and have something else in the works...

They may have, but like I said before, it's possible they're scouting SJ for an Iginla trade (in which the Avs would get a B or C level prospect). I just don't know if I see a fit for Landeskog in SJ, I don't know what they'd offer that would be "better" than the rumored Bruins offer (and I'm personally not all that enthused with it, but this isn't the thread for me to expand on it, I'm a guest in your guys' home).

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Or they are reviewing all offers, hence scouting the Sharks' farm team.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Or they are reviewing all offers, hence scouting the Sharks' farm team.

Yeah, it's likely that there a few teams interested in GL, so naturally they'd want to evaluate what's on offer before deciding on an offer, if at all. Could be more than one deal in the works too as RockLobster indicated. I am at least hopeful that it our offer or some variant of it is still under consideration.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
They may have, but like I said before, it's possible they're scouting SJ for an Iginla trade (in which the Avs would get a B or C level prospect). I just don't know if I see a fit for Landeskog in SJ, I don't know what they'd offer that would be "better" than the rumored Bruins offer (and I'm personally not all that enthused with it, but this isn't the thread for me to expand on it, I'm a guest in your guys' home).[/QUOTE]

Not sure why that would be a problem- there isn't a deal that Sweeney could make about anything when we wouldn't have a pack of people complaining and not being enthused about it :D. As an Avs fan, if Carlo is a no go, is there anything you'd want from us to make a Landeskog deal happen?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah, it's likely that there a few teams interested in GL, so naturally they'd want to evaluate what's on offer before deciding on an offer, if at all. Could be more than one deal in the works too as RockLobster indicated. I am at least hopeful that it our offer or some variant of it is still under consideration.

I'll just say that I'd be surprised if the Avs are considering a deal with SJ involving Landeskog (or even Duchene). Now, I'm not terribly familiar with their prospects, outside of the "big names", but they don't really have any prospects on the Zboril/Lauzon tier (in my opinion), and I'm not sure if the Avs would want Timo Meier/Nikolay Goldobin as a centerpiece to a deal.

For as much as I don't really like what I've read/heard being offered for Landeskog, in a straight, head-to-head comparison of it vs. what SJ might hypothetically offer for Landeskog, I like the Bruins offer more (doesn't mean I'd be happy with it if it actually went down for Landeskog).

The reason I keep saying "maybe it's for Iginla" is because I DO think he's getting traded to go chase a Cup...now, I'm not sure if SJ is the best place for him, but there's no denying that they'll likely be a PO contender (unless they just completely fall apart) and they could very well be back in the Cup final.

They may have, but like I said before, it's possible they're scouting SJ for an Iginla trade (in which the Avs would get a B or C level prospect). I just don't know if I see a fit for Landeskog in SJ, I don't know what they'd offer that would be "better" than the rumored Bruins offer (and I'm personally not all that enthused with it, but this isn't the thread for me to expand on it, I'm a guest in your guys' home).

Not sure why that would be a problem- there isn't a deal that Sweeney could make about anything when we wouldn't have a pack of people complaining and not being enthused about it :D. As an Avs fan, if Carlo is a no go, is there anything you'd want from us to make a Landeskog deal happen?

Because I stress respect while in another team's board. This is your guys' place, not mine.

Now, I'm a big McAvoy fan, have been since before his draft year. THAT is who the Avs should be targeting if Sweeney doesn't want to give up Carlo from this year. I don't expect that to happen, but that's who Sakic should be asking about if Sweeney is shutting down Carlo from the get-go. Again, I'm not expecting it to happen, so therefore I really don't know what happens in this rumored negotiation.

Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'll just say that I'd be surprised if the Avs are considering a deal with SJ involving Landeskog (or even Duchene). Now, I'm not terribly familiar with their prospects, outside of the "big names", but they don't really have any prospects on the Zboril/Lauzon tier (in my opinion), and I'm not sure if the Avs would want Timo Meier/Nikolay Goldobin as a centerpiece to a deal.

For as much as I don't really like what I've read/heard being offered for Landeskog, in a straight, head-to-head comparison of it vs. what SJ might hypothetically offer for Landeskog, I like the Bruins offer more (doesn't mean I'd be happy with it if it actually went down for Landeskog).

The reason I keep saying "maybe it's for Iginla" is because I DO think he's getting traded to go chase a Cup...now, I'm not sure if SJ is the best place for him, but there's no denying that they'll likely be a PO contender (unless they just completely fall apart) and they could very well be back in the Cup final.

Because I stress respect while in another team's board. This is your guys' place, not mine.

Now, I'm a big McAvoy fan, have been since before his draft year. THAT is who the Avs should be targeting if Sweeney doesn't want to give up Carlo from this year. I don't expect that to happen, but that's who Sakic should be asking about if Sweeney is shutting down Carlo from the get-go. Again, I'm not expecting it to happen, so therefore I really don't know what happens in this rumored negotiation.

I think you named one of the key pieces above. Lauzon, a current Bruin defenseman and the unprotected 1st gives Colorado a lot to work with moving forward.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think you named one of the key pieces above. Lauzon, a current Bruin defenseman and the unprotected 1st gives Colorado a lot to work with moving forward.

In your view it does; I don't currently share that view.

Landeskog is a proven commodity at the NHL level, with a good amount of term left, and signed pretty reasonably, and young. Any team trading someone like that has a right to ask for a blue-chipper prospect, an A-Level prospect; because at the end of the day, as good as these prospects look, they're not playing against NHL level competition, and I feel that has to be in consideration.

But I'll reiterate, I don't think that happens either, but I DO think that IF an Avs/Bruins trade happens that involves Landeskog, it's pretty obvious one side's fans is going to feel pretty upset about it, because it means that one side blinked and acquiesced to the offer of the other (which is why my personal opinion is that Landeskog doesn't get traded).

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
In your view it does; I don't currently share that view.

Landeskog is a proven commodity at the NHL level, with a good amount of term left, and signed pretty reasonably, and young. Any team trading someone like that has a right to ask for a blue-chipper prospect, an A-Level prospect; because at the end of the day, as good as these prospects look, they're not playing against NHL level competition, and I feel that has to be in consideration.

But I'll reiterate, I don't think that happens either, but I DO think that IF an Avs/Bruins trade happens that involves Landeskog, it's pretty obvious one side's fans is going to feel pretty upset about it, because it means that one side blinked and acquiesced to the offer of the other (which is why my personal opinion is that Landeskog doesn't get traded).

For the record, if McAvoy is turning pro this year and the Bruins have another trade in place for a Trouba/Shattenkirk then I am one of the few who makes a Carlo and Landeskog swap. The other two fill the void left by Carlo and the Bruins add a top six winger.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
I've been in and out of this thread for few days, off and on.

I've seen some reasons to be at least hopeful that the B's are in talks, trying to acquire Landeskog.

I've also seen Trouba's name thrown around nearly as much. Was there some reason to think they are also in on talks there too, or is this just wishful speculation on this board?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Lots of talk on here of Young D prospects and roster guys like Morrow used as trade chips, but one name that has not been mentioned is Matt Grezlcyk he is a younger version of Torey Krug, showed in NCAA he can control the flow of a game and a PP QB. I think he is the most NHL ready of our young D prospects, so wonder if he has been discussed in trade talks? I would prefer not to include our first round pick, so a package of Grezlcyk, Heinen and Cehlarik or JFK may be real enticing to a team like Colorado for Landeskog or Toronto for JVR. If a team wants more D than Forward prospects then take out JFK and offer Grizz, Zboril and Heinen. No picks involved, but would add one small roster piece to sweeten the deal a bit maybe Morrow or Czarnik.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
I didn't see your question, but reading this it seems like you are asking if McAvoy was planning to leave early.

The BU coaches expect McAvoy and JFK and probably others to leave aster this season. It would be pretty shocking if he didn't sign with the B's when the season ends

Posted some comments in the world junior thread on an interview he did with a sports station in Canada the day after the big win. When asked that very question he said he really had not given it any though but trusted the Bruins organization to basically look after his best interests. One on the people interviewing him was Jeff Merrick. He among other wonderful things to say about MCAvoy and said he fully expected he would be with the Bruins at some point this year. We shall see.

Post 721 of the WJ thread

Last edited:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
(I don't think Sakic would move Landeskog without one of McAvoy or Carlo coming back.) What motivation does he have? The Avs are already toast this year. I'm happy to keep both of them.

I agree it looks like McAvoy and some of the other prospects are looking good. I'm excited about it. But those players are going to need 2-3 years in the league to really get going.

It's about timing because when those young players are 23-24 Bergeron and Krejci will be well-past 30 and what was once the team's great strength down the middle is likely not going to be the same as it was or is now.

So I want to keep the younger players to grow together, and I want to add at the center position and left-side defense. It's not a coincidence that the Bruins won a Cup and were close a few other times when Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic were 25-27 years old give or take a year or two.

In his latest Bruins prospect report (January 8) Kirk Luedeke says McAvoy is ready for the NHL and the Bruins right now.

Outlook: McAvoy, 19, is Boston’s best prospect by a significant margin, with top-2 NHL potential as a dual offensive-defensive threat. He can play in the NHL right now.

Some will say he needs to go to Providence of the AHL first, and we won’t argue with that, but it’s not essential to his development. Depending on Boston’s situation it might make more sense to bring him in right away, but either way- it won’t get decided in January. Fans can be secure in the knowledge that it appears the team made the right choice in last June’s draft and the wait for McAvoy to make the NHL won’t be a long one.

https://scoutingpost.com

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Haven't seen an answer to my question on McAvoy leaving college early. Anybody know. I see some are even planning on him helping this year after BU is done.

On Landeskog, I would love to have him but it depends on who we have to give up to get him. I would be willing to give a package of "pick 3 from" Krug, C. Miller, Morrow, Casto, Hargrove, Subban, Spooner, Heinen, Belesky (M-NTC), Acciari, Kuraly, and Cave plus a swap of 1sts.

In no way do I offer any of our LD prospects. I look for one of Zboril, Lauzon, and Lindgren to become a #1 LD to play with McAvoy/Carlo. I would like a more experienced LD (Fowler/Klefbom to mention 2) and would be willing to deal one of the 3 we have plus to get him.

Bottom line, I don't expect us to do much this year so I want to spend for the future.

McAvoy was interviewed on hockey Central Friday and asked this question. His answer basically boiled down to no commitment to anything other than trusting the bruins. He claimed he wasn't thinking about it but wanted to help the bruins when he gets the chance this year or next or next

I read into this that he wants to turn pro asap

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If Landeskog doesn't work out...Bobby Ryan would sure look good in a B's uniform.

He was scratched last game and they want disclose why

Ryan has been terrible for the Sens, they would love to unload his huge contract. Stay far away from him, he is in decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad