Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
In your view it does; I don't currently share that view.

Landeskog is a proven commodity at the NHL level, with a good amount of term left, and signed pretty reasonably, and young. Any team trading someone like that has a right to ask for a blue-chipper prospect, an A-Level prospect; because at the end of the day, as good as these prospects look, they're not playing against NHL level competition, and I feel that has to be in consideration.

But I'll reiterate, I don't think that happens either, but I DO think that IF an Avs/Bruins trade happens that involves Landeskog, it's pretty obvious one side's fans is going to feel pretty upset about it, because it means that one side blinked and acquiesced to the offer of the other (which is why my personal opinion is that Landeskog doesn't get traded).

Sounds like he's a good player. Is he a game changer? An he put up more than 26 goals? That's what the Bruins need, not a character player. They need goals. I'm not so sure he is the correct player for the problem that they have. Basically 4 first round picks for this guy? I pass. No offense.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Sounds like he's a good player. Is he a game changer? An he put up more than 26 goals? That's what the Bruins need, not a character player. They need goals. I'm not so sure he is the correct player for the problem that they have. Basically 4 first round picks for this guy? I pass. No offense.

He came into the league as an 18 (almost 19) year old and scored 22 goals. Usually that leaves you more room to grow than 4 more goals. Avs have consistently been a terrible team (except for one perhaps overhyped run) and this year have scored 79 goals in 39 games. Even the Bruins have scored 102 in 42 (almost 2 1/2 goals per game... horrible, to be sure, but not just above 2.00 GPG bad). Landeskog obviously isn't contributing much to alleviate this, but it's not really indicative of how he'd produce in Boston, especially long-term. And especially if we get back to last year's pace (we probably won't, but with our possession numbers, it's unacceptable to score at this pace).

I don't think we land him, though. Leaning towards him staying with the Avs personally. But that's just a hunch.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Wonder what's Morrow been up to lately, living in hockey limbo.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Best answer I've got to that question is "who cares"?

He's played well when he's been in the lineup. Would you rather Boston continue to have McQuaid, Liles and Miller playing regularly instead of inserting Morrow? Why not the following:

Chara-Carlo
Krug-Colin Miller
Morrow-McQuaid or Kevan Miller

Boston should trade or waive Liles and do what it can to lose one of K. Miller or McQuaid.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He's played well when he's been in the lineup. Would you rather Boston continue to have McQuaid, Liles and Miller playing regularly instead of inserting Morrow? Why not the following:

Chara-Carlo
Krug-Colin Miller
Morrow-McQuaid or Kevan Miller

Boston should trade or waive Liles and do what it can to lose one of K. Miller or McQuaid.

I disagree. I'd take Liles over Morrow all day.

Now I would take Chiller over McQuaid or Kevan Miller for sure, but I don't have a desire to see much more of Morrow.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I disagree. I'd take Liles over Morrow all day.

Now I would take Chiller over McQuaid or Kevan Miller for sure, but I don't have a desire to see much more of Morrow.

At this point, Morrow has zero confidence and will never be able to get himself in the lineup, barring multiple injuries. But at some point earlier in the season, he was certainly right there with Liles and could have easily taken his spot and I'd bet the bruins are better off now and in the long run. Unfortunately for him, K.Miller got healthy and Julien felt it was better to play him on his off wing than have Morrow in the lineup, despite playing pretty good hockey.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Before you guys continue to kick players in the teeth have you looked up Matt Irwin recently? It is not always the player you know.

Bruins don't need character players, for what? To show Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Krejci and Moore what to do?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Before you guys continue to kick players in the teeth have you looked up Matt Irwin recently? It is not always the player you know.

Bruins don't need character players, for what? To show Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Krejci and Moore what to do?

Every GM in the league had a chance to have him last year for free and passed. His deal is also just an expansion deal. Good for him for turning it around though and keeping an NHL job.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

So what you saying is an awful player can look good when surrounded by great players.

Matt Irwin in Boston was one of the worst players I have ever seen put the sweater on

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Hopefully something has sooner then later...it's a waste playing the 3rd period with no 3rd line.

So who here thinks they make a move before the big STH meeting with the fans where they finally show their faces? Make a move after this road trip ends? Anyone see it realistically being a 4/8 points (an OT loss and regulation loss) this week to finish the trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad