Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
When I said earlier that I thought perhaps Claude Julien would be gone within 12 - 18 months I had two thoughts in mind.
1) he has a young family and might be inclined to spend more time at home rather than dealing with the constant road trips and stress of coaching and therfore accept another position within the organization.
2) the previous two Stanley Cup winning coaches of the Bruins both moved into management positions with the club ( not sure about the earlier ones). Again, this would give him more time at home with his family.
I just know that a father being home especially at night can make a huge difference in the life of children. ( but that is another topic) however I am sure it is something Claude Julien has taken into consideration.
And again, I said it was assuming he did not want to continue to coach ... - somewhere.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Ratty - can't quote you but coaches get fired and hired by another team quite frequently. GMs also. All it takes is an agreement between the two teams and the person who was fired. If this losing continues, hide and watch.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
But they'll have to pay the new coach. So they'll only save if they sign a lower echelon guy, say a new entrant or a guy like Cassidy (just an example).

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Trade for Ty Rattie please. Not sure what it would take?
No way! There's no room here for two Rattys.:)

His production in Juniors and AHL is off the chart. Not sure why he hasn't advanced in the NHL. What's his contract status? Saint Louis has been scouting our team. Spooner, maybe?

Edit: Looked it up, RFA after this season, same as Spoons.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
No way! There's no room here for two Rattys.:)

His production in Juniors and AHL is off the chart. Not sure why he hasn't advanced in the NHL. What's his contract status? Saint Louis has been scouting our team. Spooner, maybe?

Edit: Looked it up, RFA after this season, same as Spoons.

Spooner would be way to much...

Want him cause I saw him in JR and loved him. His stock must be low? Hitchcock though like Julien demands his style. He needs a change and Boston probably isn't it. But when Schaller/Nash are playing minutes I'd love to see him get the chance and he is a natural winger.

Stl has depth D but maybe Morrow ?

He's a poor skater but plays a very very good east west game and Krecji/Spooner would bring out the best in him. Maybe he's another Brett Connolly but worth a try?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Pastrnak

So while recording the interview with Zane McIntyre I got a text saying the Bruins have reached out to Pastrnak's agent.

Obviously, the intent is that they want to sign him before he gets to RFA status.

But interestingly enough, and I don't want to start any rumors, there is always a feeling out process when negotiations start, but doing it now as opposed to when the season ends for the B's could, and I stress could, give the Bruins insight into what the Pastrnak camp is thinking and where they could be sitting cap wise in order to make a deal for a player with term on his contract.

Again, not saying that is the case here, but it will affect their thought process when it comes to a potential deal moving forward.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Personally I'm hoping to hear more about them selling at the deadline, or any time for that matter. They should be earnestly planning for a window of contention, not trying to snow fans and kick the can down the road by adding small pieces at the deadline for an inevitably short run. It's time they are smart and proactive, not just out for the almighty dollar every year.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Personally I'm hoping to hear more about them selling at the deadline, or any time for that matter. They should be earnestly planning for a window of contention, not trying to snow fans and kick the can down the road by adding small pieces at the deadline for an inevitably short run. It's time they are smart and proactive, not just out for the almighty dollar every year.

I think the only deadline piece they would have right now would be Dom Moore, not many other expiring contracts that have any value.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Not suggesting that the B's pick him up or not, just posting for information sake.
Halak was put on waivers by the Islanders today.
Any thoughts?:popcorn:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

if you are telling me they know that Bergeron wont get healthy before playoffs... then I could buy into what you are selling. without a healthy Bergeron this team is basically a one line team and a couple deadline additions isn't going to move the needle.

unfortunately with rask, chara, krecji, marchand, pastrnak and Julien coaching we have just too much going on to be able to tank. we aren't likely going to end up with a top 5 draft pick

so... the smart money is that management is going to try to get us into the playoffs... as fans we don't have to like it but it is the reality we will have to swallow.

with that in mind, our focus should be on... making the best possible attempt we can to have some success this year

of course right now... Bergeron getting healthy has to be key number 1

and we are not a deep team... keeping everyone else healthy is super important

if some of the kids gain a bit more confidence... that could go miles for us. spooner heating up is definitely a step in the right direction (even if we do trade him)

I still see 2 holes that should be filled by a trade if we want to become more legitimate playoff risks. a 2-way dman that can play in the top 4 {right hand shot preferably} and an upgrade for third line that has some scoring ability {preferably a center}

backes could be the third line center we need... but then we need to replace him at wing

so my targets remain the same as they have the past month

stone seams to be the dman we are looking for

hanzal seams to be the third liner... but if we get iginla then it serves the same purpose.

stone is easily the best dman on the market this year... so the price will be high. the asking price for hanzal right now is a live body that can replace him in their lineup. I think the asking price for iginla will be the most affordable of the three... but his contract is huge.

where would my offers be for these guys?

I'm tempted to offer jimmy hayes and some sort of pick for iginla... the pick is better the more money Colorado eats

I probably offer a first and a cap dump like macquaid or miller for stone. it sucks to lose the first but getting rid of one of these contracts will be a huge benefit as we move forward.

I probably dangle spooner for hanzal... I know spooner has 6 points in his last 4 games so his fans will want to string me up for this... but I still don't believe spooner will work as a winger. I don't see room for him at center. I do think hes going to get a big arbitration award. to me, this is all a formula that doesn't work for us.

adding hanzal/stone to our lineup makes the lineup look a hell of a lot better... and with a healthy Bergeron I think we can do damage at playoffs

pastrnak/Bergeron/marchand
backes/krecji/vatrano
czarik/hanzal/belesky
nash/moore/schaller

stone/krug
carlo/chara
miller/liles

this isn't a guarantee to get us to the finals... but its enough of an upgrade to give us a chance against whoever we face

and then next year stone and hanzal are moving on... but we have karlsson and avory coming to camp so its all good. maybe have debrusk pushing belesky for his spot... got a couple guys ready to push moore for his spot... got a couple guys ready to push liles for his spot

we can afford to move a couple picks if it gives us a legitimate shot at playoff success... imho stone/hanzal would do that

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Yeah but I'm not saying "tank". It's too late for that, and frankly, as you point out, they have too much talent to rank well. But I'm suggesting they try to pawn off some pieces. McQuaid, K. Miller, Krejci, Nash, Hayes, even Backes. If any teams expressed interest in those guys, Id be all over it. Not saying there would be much interest in them as they all seem either marginally intriguing or overpaid, but strange things happen at the deadline.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So while recording the interview with Zane McIntyre I got a text saying the Bruins have reached out to Pastrnak's agent.

Obviously, the intent is that they want to sign him before he gets to RFA status.

But interestingly enough, and I don't want to start any rumors, there is always a feeling out process when negotiations start, but doing it now as opposed to when the season ends for the B's could, and I stress could, give the Bruins insight into what the Pastrnak camp is thinking and where they could be sitting cap wise in order to make a deal for a player with term on his contract.

Again, not saying that is the case here, but it will affect their thought process when it comes to a potential deal moving forward.

Good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad