Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Of that group, I think only Moore and K Miller gets anything, Beleskey would fetch next to nothing and has a NMC, Khudobin can`t stop a beach ball, Hayes is invisible and therein lies the issue, it`s great to say "let`s move them" but the question could be asked, "who wants them"?

Three that could fetch picks that are remotely decent (not first rounders)

K Miller, Quaider and Moore, other than that, not much coming back as far as value IMO

I think the B`s biggest asset is Rask but he ain`t going anywhere..........yet:)

You're most likely right. I'd be ok moving those three and scoring a few 2nds/ 3rd.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
But their not moving either of them, so it should be a non-issue.

Same as above, they are not traded with McAvoy or Carlo so this is a non-issue

Backes was signed for his versatility and ability to give us depth when injuries arise. He's a veteran leader that bring accountability to the dressing room. He also is a pretty damn good player that play our style of hockey. Should we trade Krejci in the future, Backes still gives us a #2C.

But why would a team trade a good young center for a veteran center with most likely a higher cap hit?

For the visible future? McAvoy looks like he'll be here next year. Senyshyn could (if he stays healthy in off-season) could break with this team at camp next year. DeBrusk is finding his game down in the AHL and could be here next year (If not traded). Then you have the expansion draft (what contract will we hopefully lose) and the off-season where most moves happen.

(I don't think Sakic would move Landeskog without one of McAvoy or Carlo coming back.) What motivation does he have? The Avs are already toast this year. I'm happy to keep both of them.

I agree it looks like McAvoy and some of the other prospects are looking good. I'm excited about it. But those players are going to need 2-3 years in the league to really get going.

It's about timing because when those young players are 23-24 Bergeron and Krejci will be well-past 30 and what was once the team's great strength down the middle is likely not going to be the same as it was or is now.

So I want to keep the younger players to grow together, and I want to add at the center position and left-side defense. It's not a coincidence that the Bruins won a Cup and were close a few other times when Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic were 25-27 years old give or take a year or two.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You're most likely right. I'd be ok moving those three and scoring a few 2nds/ 3rd.

There are few on this roster I hesitate at moving. I know the crowd here is frustrated and I`m a bit frustrated as well but this is pretty much the kind of season I anticipated. What I didn`t anticipate was that the D has pretty much been the backbone where I thought they`d be the Achilles of the team.

I don`t like all of CJ`s roster/personnel decisions however, he sure doesn`t make passes/shoot the puck and make on ice decisions for this group and these players have had games they have lost where had they converted on chances the games would`t be close.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The rumor is DeBrusk + Morrow + Zboril + 1st

No core piece, no McAvoy or Carlo, just a pick a few prospects and a young NHL d-man.

I'm not sure what you mean by Chara's replacement. Do you mean face of the defense or just a #1LD? I think Carlo/McAvoy could eventaully become the "face of the defense" so really you just need a #1LD. Still not an easy task because elite LDH don't typically get traded and draft one may take years just to find.

I don't want to be negative. I think the Bruins could grab a playoff spot this year. Still, the Bruins are currently about 5 points out of last place in the conference (they have more points because they have played more games.) So one of the last things I'm looking at is moving this years first, not thrilled about moving next year's either. The Bruins are essentially moving 3 first round picks + Morrow in the above proposed deal, and are they a Cup contender after it is made? No.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Don't know why but I picture Landeskog in a Sharks jersey soon. Thornton/ Marleau era coming to an end soon, I see SJ overpaying for Landeskog

Avs fan here...and I'm not really sure what SJ could offer to get him. SJ could be a landing spot for Iginla (though I think he'd work better elsewhere) and the Avs could be scouting a B or C level prospect.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I guess I'm just starting to get pessimistic about a Landeskog deal, but if that falls through what could be another potential target? Are there any rumblings of anyone else being available?

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Avs fan here...and I'm not really sure what SJ could offer to get him. SJ could be a landing spot for Iginla (though I think he'd work better elsewhere) and the Avs could be scouting a B or C level prospect.

Do the B's have anything, outside of McAvoy and Carlo that would interest you?

I don't want to be negative. I think the Bruins could grab a playoff spot this year. Still, the Bruins are currently about 5 points out of last place in the conference (they have more points because they have played more games.) So one of the last things I'm looking at is moving this years first, not thrilled about moving next year's either. The Bruins are essentially moving 3 first round picks + Morrow in the above proposed deal, and are they a Cup contender after it is made? No.

The way I look at this deal is from a couple different perspectives. First, this isn't a move necessarily for this year, but for the future. With Landeskog the top 6 would be set for the next 4-5 years assuming health and no crazy regression. Fill inter bottom 6 with young, ELC players or cheaper contracts. Probably looking at Vatrano-Czarnik-Beleskey as the 3rd with Schaller-Moore-Nash at the bottom. Second, most of the assets are not really detrimental. DeBrusk would not have a top 9 home for the foreseeable future. Morrow's future is very much a question mark. Zboril definitely hurts, but if it's necessary you do it. Finally, the 1st rounder also hurts but we have an extra second and I left Spooner out of the above lines because he could be turned into future assets or combined with the two seconds to get back into the first round. You probably lose Beleskey at expansion time and replace him with Sensyhn or another young guy. Then you just have to figure out the top pairing LHD after Chara.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Do the B's have anything, outside of McAvoy and Carlo that would interest you?

No offense intended here, but I'm a guest on your boards, and I want to be as respectful as possible...plus, I'm kind of the wrong person to ask about that. Player valuations in trades aren't a huge strength of mine...mostly because I believe that even if I do my best to remain objective, a fan bias will always be there.

I will say this though...during the whole Ryan O'Reilly deal, we were pretty sure a trade was happening with the Sabres, and Avs fans were adamant that Zadorov had to be a part of the package (given what was the rumored package the Avs were looking for), and Sabres fans kept countering and saying they weren't giving up a recently-drafted Defenseman with Top-pairing potential (which Zadorov still has...it's just a question of putting it together) for a player that was 1 year from UFA. They kept countering with other players/picks/prospects. Low-and-behold, the trade was centered around getting Zadorov.

I truly don't know what to expect, to be honest. With Landeskog, there's some factors that don't show up on the scoresheet (his intangibles, his contract--both length and cap hit remaining, his age, and his relative offensive consistency--this season aside since the whole Avs team is a tire fire).

IF Landeskog is traded to the Bruins, someone is blinking, either Sweeney or Sakic...at this point, I don't know who it will be.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Any interest in Colin Miller? He's the best Corsi% defenceman in the league, good size, 24 years old. Looks like he'll be a good top-4 option for years to come. Add a 1st and a top prospect (not named McAvoy) to that. He's looked very good in the last 10-15 games, so I'd be a bit hesitant to move him, but I guess you gotta give to get.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Any interest in Colin Miller? He's the best Corsi% defenceman in the league, good size, 24 years old. Looks like he'll be a good top-4 option for years to come. Add a 1st and a top prospect (not named McAvoy) to that. He's looked very good in the last 10-15 games, so I'd be a bit hesitant to move him, but I guess you gotta give to get.

My personal opinion is that Colin Miller doesn't fall in with the "gotta give to get" mindset.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

I know why they'd want Carlo or McAvory but doesn't look like a need with Barrie, Johnson RD

LD is the key Need so I'd start their

Last edited:

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Haven't seen an answer to my question on McAvoy leaving college early. Anybody know. I see some are even planning on him helping this year after BU is done.

On Landeskog, I would love to have him but it depends on who we have to give up to get him. I would be willing to give a package of "pick 3 from" Krug, C. Miller, Morrow, Casto, Hargrove, Subban, Spooner, Heinen, Belesky (M-NTC), Acciari, Kuraly, and Cave plus a swap of 1sts.

In no way do I offer any of our LD prospects. I look for one of Zboril, Lauzon, and Lindgren to become a #1 LD to play with McAvoy/Carlo. I would like a more experienced LD (Fowler/Klefbom to mention 2) and would be willing to deal one of the 3 we have plus to get him.

Bottom line, I don't expect us to do much this year so I want to spend for the future.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Haven't seen an answer to my question on McAvoy leaving college early. Anybody know. I see some are even planning on him helping this year after BU is done.

On Landeskog, I would love to have him but it depends on who we have to give up to get him. I would be willing to give a package of "pick 3 from" Krug, C. Miller, Morrow, Casto, Hargrove, Subban, Spooner, Heinen, Belesky (M-NTC), Acciari, Kuraly, and Cave plus a swap of 1sts.

In no way do I offer any of our LD prospects. I look for one of Zboril, Lauzon, and Lindgren to become a #1 LD to play with McAvoy/Carlo. I would like a more experienced LD (Fowler/Klefbom to mention 2) and would be willing to deal one of the 3 we have plus to get him.

Bottom line, I don't expect us to do much this year so I want to spend for the future.

I like this trade for us. I do like how we are only willing to give away scraps and broken pieces for top young talent. Plus not even giving a first, were swapping firsts :laugh:. You're hired!

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I didn't see your question, but reading this it seems like you are asking if McAvoy was planning to leave early.

The BU coaches expect McAvoy and JFK and probably others to leave aster this season. It would be pretty shocking if he didn't sign with the B's when the season ends

Brucentric*

Dec 9, 2016

Krug would be perfect for Winnipeg. Krug, Heinen or DeBrusk Or Zboril or Lindgren plus the Edmonton 2 for Trouba. Any mix of three. Getting rid of Krug and his salary is keey here for cap space. Once we get a Trouba and McAVOY, we will forget Krug ever existed.

Landeskog, we should offer Louzan, DeBrusk or Spooner, or anyone not named

McAVOY or Carlo. They stay.

Marchy-Bergie-Pasta
LSkog-Krejci-Vatrano
Beleskey-Backes-Moore
Schaller-Nash-Blidth

Chara-Carlo
C Miller-Trouba Trouba -McAVOY when he gets here in April.
Morrow-McQuaid,-K Miller-Liles

Rask
?????

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Conroy: Surplus of defensemen prospects gives Bruins trade chips

It is the start of the trade talk season! Between now and the Feb. 28 deadline, you will hear 1,001 trade rumors and, if the “insiders†maintain their batting average, one or two might come to fruition.

But that doesn’t mean the league’s GMs won’t be working furiously. The hardest working man in the business should be Don Sweeney, and the Bruins GM surely is gauging not just the rental market but the real trade market for deals that could significantly impact his team for the future.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...defensemen_prospects_gives_bruins_trade_chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad