Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
What am I missing with Brodin ? Top 4 guy for sure but a helluva lot more than Spooner ? I'm not adding Spooner to any trade at this point. He looks to be breaking out and god knows this team lacks skilled players.

Well, he has an elite pedigree, is a very good skater and is an excellent transition player, if lacking a bit as an offensive force. He was supposedly offered for Ryan Johansen if you want to think about how the wild value him. He's also only 22 years old and signed to a $4mm cap hit until he's 28.

I would give up a lot to get Brodin, but I don't know that the Bruins have the capital to get him.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Dumba

Wasn't that my original point? :laugh:

That they put him to Rw to have more talent over there instead of Julien not trusting him to play C.

They are shopping him and Dumba.

Dumba would be a high risk trade for that top pairing, definitely not ready yet and looks like a Colin.
Brodin can play Chara's defensive minutes and could fix that blueline.

Love to see DS snag DUMBA and COYLE in one deal. Loui ERIKSSON, Zach TROTMAN, Zane MacINTYRE and Boston’s 1st for DUMBA, COYLE and a conditional pick, Minny’s second if ERIKSSON resigns with Minny, third if not?

Brett CONNOLLY, K. MILLER and Alex KHOCHLACHEV for Kevin HAYES and Dylan MCLLRATH.

MARCHAND-BERGERON-COYLE
K. HAYES-KRECJI-PASTRNAK
BELESKEY-SPOONER-J. HAYES
RINALDO-TALBOT/KEMPPAINEN-FERRARO/RANDELL

CHARA-MCLLRATH
SEIDENBERG-DUMBA
KRUG-MCQUAID
MORROW-C. MILLER

RASK
MONSTER

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Love to see DS snag DUMBA and COYLE in one deal. Loui ERIKSSON, Zach TROTMAN, Zane MacINTYRE and Boston’s 1st for DUMBA, COYLE and a conditional pick, Minny’s second if ERIKSSON resigns with Minny, third if not?

Brett CONNOLLY, K. MILLER and Alex KHOCHLACHEV for Kevin HAYES and Dylan MCLLRATH.

MARCHAND-BERGERON-COYLE
K. HAYES-KRECJI-PASTRNAK
BELESKEY-SPOONER-J. HAYES
RINALDO-TALBOT/KEMPPAINEN-FERRARO/RANDELL

CHARA-MCLLRATH
SEIDENBERG-DUMBA
KRUG-MCQUAID
MORROW-C. MILLER

RASK
MONSTER

Asking not debating Taz but why would the Rangers make that deal? I don`t follow them closely

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
If you can get Brodin, you move Spooner right? I know we like him in that 3rd center slot, but he was even playing wing last night..

Not for me amigo. In Spooner, I'm seeing a player that is getting more confident with each passing week, and I wanna see how far this thing goes

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Well, he has an elite pedigree, is a very good skater and is an excellent transition player, if lacking a bit as an offensive force. He was supposedly offered for Ryan Johansen if you want to think about how the wild value him. He's also only 22 years old and signed to a $4mm cap hit until he's 28.

I would give up a lot to get Brodin, but I don't know that the Bruins have the capital to get him.

Sounds like Krug to me. You Don't give up a Spooner/Lou and a pick for Krug. And the Wild putting his name out there for trade tells me he's expandable

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014

Any idea why he's such an offensive black hole? I see he's been cut from the PP this year and his TOI has gone down from 24 to 20 per night, but damn - he's putting up McQuaid points

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not for me amigo. In Spooner, I'm seeing a player that is getting more confident with each passing week, and I wanna see how far this thing goes

Agreed, had you asked me about Spooner this time last year, I would have been happy to drive him to the airport which tells you a ton about my scouting prowess:sarcasm:

Have to think Spooner and Pasta are the exact prospects/young players he spoke about being patient with and developing and not losing/trading/giving up on when he was hired if I`m not mistaken?

Now, a player like Koko I see being moved, I just don`t see him as part of this organization moving forward nor having a game that will amount to much more than a 3rd liner who has whatever fan base he`s playing for questioning why they aren`t getting more from him.

For a long time, I`ve been of the belief draft picks/prospects are developed to: a) learn the game, make the jump to the NHL and play solid roles for their team and/or b) develop and used as a piece to acquire a larger piece that`s missing, you take Spooner out of this lineup, I don`t believe for one minute Koko could get called up, play 15-17 minutes and produce such as Spooner has

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Dumba is small too. I'd focus more on Brodin or add significantly for Scandella.

Brodin isn't big either. He's listed at 6'1", 194. Dumba at 6'0" 189.

Not physical, either. Credited with 19 hits in 47 games. 1 goal, 6 points and a minus player.

What am I missing?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Brodin isn't big either. He's listed at 6'1", 194. Dumba at 6'0" 189.

Not physical, either. Credited with 19 hits in 47 games. 1 goal, 6 points and a minus player.

What am I missing?

Someone else pointed out that I was wrong about Dumba's size....

I think I was looking at a scouting report from when he was much younger/smaller.

I don't know a lot about either of them TBH. I was initially scared off, thinking Dumba was a slightly bigger Krug, but he's young and 6'0" 189, can easily become 195 with some work.

I have no idea who is a better fit here. They're both young, Dumba has more goals and points so.....

In all honesty, and I know it's a long shot, but I'd rather they add and go after Scandella.

Without going too far off the rails....

Loui, Seids

For

Scandella and a prospect/pick/depth player

I know nothing about their prospects, but even losing Scandella..they'd still be able to ice:

Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Seidenberg, Dumba, Prosser

Adding Loui to their forwards and Scandella to the B's blue line would make both teams better

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Sounds like Krug to me. You Don't give up a Spooner/Lou and a pick for Krug. And the Wild putting his name out there for trade tells me he's expandable

He's not anything like Krug. He's more of a smaller Karl Alzner minus the snottiness. Good size, not great, good wheels, nice first pass, limited creativity offensively. It is worth nothing that he is still only 22 and his offensive game could develop more, though I doubt he will ever be a top flight offensive player.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Someone else pointed out that I was wrong about Dumba's size....

I think I was looking at a scouting report from when he was much younger/smaller.

I don't know a lot about either of them TBH. I was initially scared off, thinking Dumba was a slightly bigger Krug, but he's young and 6'0" 189, can easily become 195 with some work.

I have no idea who is a better fit here. They're both young, Dumba has more goals and points so.....

In all honesty, and I know it's a long shot, but I'd rather they add and go after Scandella.

Without going too far off the rails....

Loui, Seids

For

Scandella and a prospect/pick/depth player

I know nothing about their prospects, but even losing Scandella..they'd still be able to ice:

Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Seidenberg, Dumba, Prosser

Adding Loui to their forwards and Scandella to the B's blue line would make both teams better

I don't think that works for them cap wise.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
How is that?

Brodin seems to have minuscule offensive talent. Krug's our best offensive defenseman.

Ye, I dragged the bold part to far, was referring to the passing aspect of the post. But I also thing Krug is bit overrated in the offensive part of his game.

Chara has more points and I will assume a hell of less time on the PP as well. I can see them adding Krug in a expanded deal to get a better option for a top two guy.

Some posters are willing to pay him 5+ on his next deal... On a better team with better top six krug is a 5-6 with PP time.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
From Fluto's article:

"The Wild have Jonas Brodin and Matt Dumba. Both would be in the Bruins’ crosshairs. Brodin is 22 and under contract through 2021. Dumba, 21, is restricted after this season.

But the Wild, according to the GM who knows of their interest in Eriksson, consider him a rental. Even if the Bruins include either their own first-rounder or San Jose’s, it would not be enough for the Wild to send back one of their defensemen."

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

here is the thing on Spooner- he got a late jump because he didn't learn much in Providence playing for Cassidy.

He showed up in Boston and Claude yells/says to him "what did they teach you down there?" (maybe it was did they teach you anything down there cant remember exactly how story went but Claude wasn't happy with Spooner's face off technique, his defensive game, and his three zone play)

Spooner and Bruins fans are lucky because Chiarelli was turfing him. Sweeney like in the Seguin deal was against it. I'm also not saying Sweeney was overally happy with Spooner because he wasn't but he also wasn't ready to give up on him and didn't want to deal him.

Cassidy didn't implement Sweeney system because he hid behind his relationship with Peter.

Claude has been very good for Spooner who put in the hard work to get where he is.

I guess Ryan could be traded but I don't see it. He's a good center on the third line and an absolute Krug-like weapon on the power play.

If this was baseball Spooner would be that guy who can roll out of bed and line a single to center.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
From Fluto's article:

"The Wild have Jonas Brodin and Matt Dumba. Both would be in the Bruins’ crosshairs. Brodin is 22 and under contract through 2021. Dumba, 21, is restricted after this season.

But the Wild, according to the GM who knows of their interest in Eriksson, consider him a rental. Even if the Bruins include either their own first-rounder or San Jose’s, it would not be enough for the Wild to send back one of their defensemen."

thank you:handclap:

me, GDaze, and WBC8 were texting back and forth about this yesterday and we agree that it would take a bleep load to get those D men and it would be Loui + really really good stuff on the Bruins side of the scale for one of them on the other

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
From Fluto's article:

Don't doubt a word of the above.....but as the deadline nears and GM's realize that their team has a good chance to win a cup (or that they don't) opinions change.

The move you wouldn't make in January, you may make in late February and vice-versa.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's not anything like Krug. He's more of a smaller Karl Alzner minus the snottiness. Good size, not great, good wheels, nice first pass, limited creativity offensively. It is worth nothing that he is still only 22 and his offensive game could develop more, though I doubt he will ever be a top flight offensive player.

his Going Wild video on his life and family was outstanding.....check it out, came across exceptional

I'm still in this camp

1. put 5 years and $30 M on the table and see what happens if Loui takes it- if so done

2. if he doesn't OR you just want to move him you get future assets as in draft pick and/or prospects

*****Andy Brickley on WEEI with DJ Bean and Joey Mac this morning came across the opposite of me. Brick thinks East other than Caps an TB is wide open and the Bruins should compete. Do not trade Loui, either sign him or let him walk after season*****

I say if you trade Loui I think Boston season is done and it really sends a bad message to the veterans. I'd be surprised if Boston went a point a game rest of year.

you keep Loui you likely make the playoffs but not sure if you have the horses to go far as secondary guys like Connolly, Hayes somewhat, Pasta for whatever reason have not delivered what you need. The defense is a weakness.

The ideal situation is Loui to sign a 2 year deal:laugh: but that aint happening

Eriksson showed last night how smart he is and valuable to Boston, he made several subtle but great decisions. He can alter the West race and be this years Gaborik- but sink Boston if moved.

the best way to build the defense to me is by trading a surplus of prospects/picks in offseason for a Shattenkirk or to move up and grab the next Noah Hanifan.

Loui gets you many usable assets but he kills this season- it may not matter to us, but it does to the guys in that room

my first choice is still sign Loui but I would not do 6 years, don't like 5 but understand that is the minimum you could go....four is not even worth putting out there if I was the player or agent

Sweeney may have to expand and include Loui + to get a young player who is playing now and trending up

if this was last year and you had a crystal ball you sway Loui for Kyle Palmeri of the Ducks

the Ducks also look like a great trade partner because they could give you NHL players now for Loui +

Loui and the SJ first and a prospect could get you one of those young Ducks NHL defenseman I would think

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
From Fluto's article:

Lets see how our college picks look before giving away assets for guys that are not game changers.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lets see how our college picks look before giving away assets for guys that are not game changers.
I'm relying on friends for this information but they are much better at this than me- and Heinen and JFK are two guys there is lots of love. Folks that don't get overly excited are gushing over these two. based on their track record for these things I am pretty stoked they think these two have a chance to be very good Bruins

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I'm relying on friends for this information but they are much better at this than me- and Heinen and JFK are two guys there is lots of love. Folks that don't get overly excited are gushing over these two. based on their track record for these things I am pretty stoked they think these two have a chance to be very good Bruins

He is the plus teams are looking at for a top 4 guy. No way is he available in my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad