Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He is the plus teams are looking at for a top 4 guy. No way is he available in my eyes
ouch. I haven't heard that but I hope not

the thing I like hearing about Heinen is he makes players around him better- he has that attribute

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
If they decide Loui is going to be traded, they should call up koko for an extended stretch to showcase him. As stated, it will send a bad message if loui, arguably the best forward on the team, is traded. So if we are doing a soft sell, koko could show promise, and with spooner on the team he isnt going to find a spot at center and with heinen and jfk looking like our next centers to come make an impact. He can either show why he should be an nhl player and earn his spot on the wing and take loui spot, or he can be traded to a team for a better value than he would now. If he flounders, his value isnt much less than it is now.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Dumba's nasty as hell despite his size. Monster open ice hitter.

Yeah Dumba is the guy I'd be targeting as well between the two. Great skater, great hitter, monster shot... needs to settle the **** down :laugh: which I think Julien would work wonders for.

I'm staying away from the designation of "the Bruins need a top pair, top four, #1, #2, etc" and just saying that they need a partner for Chara. Dumba has everything aside from the structure to his game to compliment the big man, including a RH shot.

I still want Trouba more than any player in the NHL if he becomes available. But Dumba is right there and I wouldn't have a problem sacrificing a hell of a lot to get him.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
If they decide Loui is going to be traded, they should call up koko for an extended stretch to showcase him. As stated, it will send a bad message if loui, arguably the best forward on the team, is traded. So if we are doing a soft sell, koko could show promise, and with spooner on the team he isnt going to find a spot at center and with heinen and jfk looking like our next centers to come make an impact. He can either show why he should be an nhl player and earn his spot on the wing and take loui spot, or he can be traded to a team for a better value than he would now. If he flounders, his value isnt much less than it is now.

It's not happening with Claude at the helm Koko better start packing his bags now or convert to wing. Hell Claude still doesn't trust Spooner at center, so there is no way Koko is playing there. If Sweeney is smart he trades Koko for a young third line center that is big, defensive responsible, and shows more offensive awareness than ghost (Kemp). They don't have that in the farm system right now. Claude will use that type of player. Centers like Koko, Spooner, heck even Seguin he will never trust at center.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I can't imagine Brodin is available without Spooner or Pasta being involved.

Brodin is an elite 4 way skater with excellent hockey IQ. He is younger than Spooner, already playing at a 2/3 level and has tools to improve offensively. If he can improve his offensive zone work, he can be a legit #1D.

I can see maybe being able to pry Dumba away without Spooner/Pasta, although he is basically a Colin Miller with more upside, so I'm not sure if that's the best use of assets unless you include Colin Miller in a different deal.

Really, though, I don't see how a deal with MN isn't 1st + Tuch/Ek/Olofsson and these Dumba/Brodin things are just fantasy. Of course the Bruins were scouting a MN game so who the hell knows.

Like Brickley, I think the east is so wide open. If the Bruins sell Loui, I want a second move where they improve the roster at D before the deadline.

For fun...

Eriksson + BOS 1st for Dumba
SJ 1st + Colin + Koko for Buff

Beleksey Krejci Pasta
Marchand Bergeron Connolly
Vatrano Spooner Hayes
Ferarro Kemp Rinaldo
Talbot

Chara Buff
Krug McQuaid
Seids Dumba
Morrow KMiller

Dumba is your Hamilton replacement. Buff is your bridge to Dumba, Zboril, Carlo, Lauzon. There is enough cap space to resign Buff and add a middle six winger in the offseason. Chara and Seids will be off the books in a couple years so if Buff does fall apart, you can handle the cap hit. You lose this years 1st rounders, but you are set at C and D and your best prospects are all wingers.

Mr. Make-Believe

Brodin is an elite 4 way skater with excellent hockey IQ. He is younger than Spooner, already playing at a 2/3 level and has tools to improve offensively. If he can improve his offensive zone work, he can be a legit #1D.

I can see maybe being able to pry Dumba away without Spooner/Pasta, although he is basically a Colin Miller with more upside, so I'm not sure if that's the best use of assets unless you include Colin Miller in a different deal.

Really, though, I don't see how a deal with MN isn't 1st + Tuch/Ek/Olofsson and these Dumba/Brodin things are just fantasy. Of course the Bruins were scouting a MN game so who the hell knows.

Like Brickley, I think the east is so wide open. If the Bruins sell Loui, I want a second move where they improve the roster at D before the deadline.

For fun...

Beleksey Krejci Pasta
Vatrano Spooner Hayes
Ferarro Kemp Rinaldo
Talbot

Chara Buff
Krug McQuaid
Seids Dumba
Morrow KMiller

Dumba is your Hamilton replacement. Buff is your bridge to Dumba, Zboril, Carlo, Lauzon. There is enough cap space to resign Buff and add a middle six winger in the offseason. Chara and Seids will be off the books in a couple years so if Buff does fall apart, you can handle the cap hit. You lose this years 1st rounders, but you are set at C and D and your best prospects are all wingers.

I'm in. Others will hate trading out of the first round. But I do it. I think that's a team that could make it out of the East.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX

For fun...

Beleksey Krejci Pasta
Vatrano Spooner Hayes
Ferarro Kemp Rinaldo
Talbot

Chara Buff
Krug McQuaid
Seids Dumba
Morrow KMiller

Those are both overpayments by the bruins big time
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
ouch. I haven't heard that but I hope not

the thing I like hearing about Heinen is he makes players around him better- he has that attribute

I just alluded to this in another post but I just don't see Heinen as a Claude type center. He reminds me a lot of Spooner at development camp last summer. Great vision but slight in size and defensive awareness. It's a little scary because the farm is full of these type of players at center that Claude will not use. If the players were wings they would have a better chance. Claude just prefers his type of centers for his system.

If Claude is going to remain coach hopefully they draft a noted two way center in the mold of Bergeron with some of thier higher picks or trade young for young players that fit better.

I know everyone thinks I am a resident Claude hater, but seriously I just want the coach and GM on the same page and they get players that are both skilled and fit with Juliens system. No more Kemps or offensive devoid players that are only strong defensively.

To me Claude would give 6 / 6 for Loui because that is his preferred type player and fit the mold of his system.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Yeah Dumba is the guy I'd be targeting as well between the two. Great skater, great hitter, monster shot... needs to settle the **** down :laugh: which I think Julien would work wonders for.

I'm staying away from the designation of "the Bruins need a top pair, top four, #1, #2, etc" and just saying that they need a partner for Chara. Dumba has everything aside from the structure to his game to compliment the big man, including a RH shot.

I still want Trouba more than any player in the NHL if he becomes available. But Dumba is right there and I wouldn't have a problem sacrificing a hell of a lot to get him.

I think Dumba being a RH shot plays really huge into the Bruins interest. Clode is probably the biggest stickler I know in that regard. He would be a great fit, definitely fits our needs in all aspects.

Here's a little taste of what he brings.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
The Bruins shouldn't trade any 1sts with Loui. The draft has some depth in it and our 1sts should be decent to get talent.
You keep Loui or trade him in a 1-for-1 hockey deal, based off of need.
I say this because the Bruins need to make the playoffs, but I don't feel they're contenders either.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
For fun...

I would probably do the Dumba trade. I would try to make it a 2nd and add a prospect, but I like Dumba.

The Buff trade... That's CRAZY overpayment for a rental. No way.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What am I missing with Brodin ? Top 4 guy for sure but a helluva lot more than Spooner ? I'm not adding Spooner to any trade at this point. He looks to be breaking out and god knows this team lacks skilled players.

He is this days top pairing defensive defenseman, someone who can play Chara's defensive minutes and be this days prime Seids.

Who is going to replace Chara when he retires, if Sweeney can't find an answer it's going to get ugly, can only hope he is doing everything he can to fix that, he can't honestly think he has the players on the team already.

Can't fix that also without giving up talent, won't get any favours from other Gm's unless we win Chychrun pick.

Sounds like Krug to me. You Don't give up a Spooner/Lou and a pick for Krug. And the Wild putting his name out there for trade tells me he's expandable

He is completely different player than Krug and they are desperate for top6 offensive talent and have fantastic defense so if they want to fix that they need to give up one of their D-players.

Last edited:

remer

Oct 18, 2005

For fun...

Eriksson + BOS 1st for Dumba :amazed::shakehead
:amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

Beleksey Krejci Pasta
Vatrano Spooner Hayes
Ferarro Kemp Rinaldo
Talbot

Chara Buff
Krug McQuaid
Seids Dumba
Morrow KMiller

Yikes. Thank goodness you are not the GM. :help:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins shouldn't trade any 1sts with Loui. The draft has some depth in it and our 1sts should be decent to get talent.
I say this because the Bruins need to make the playoffs, but I don't feel they're contenders either.

thoughts on dealing loui for 1st/prospect and making separate deal to bring in a forward that's acquisition cost is less - maybe a 3rd/koko for X player?

as for brodin, i think the wild have soured a little bit on him. not that they don't want to keep him, but suter made him look better and his offensive upside doesn't appear to be there. so brodin could turn out to be a really solid transitional defensive defenseman that's making a lot of money on a long-term deal. not saying they will trade him, but don't think he's untouchable by any stretch and don't think they'd get the haul some folks believe.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
thoughts on dealing loui for 1st/prospect and making separate deal to bring in a forward that's acquisition cost is less - maybe a 3rd/koko for X player?

as for brodin, i think the wild have soured a little bit on him. not that they don't want to keep him, but suter made him look better and his offensive upside doesn't appear to be there. so brodin could turn out to be a really solid transitional defensive defenseman that's making a lot of money on a long-term deal. not saying they will trade him, but don't think he's untouchable by any stretch and don't think they'd get the haul some folks believe.

It's always been said that Benning was a Koko fan. I wonder who the B's might want from Vancouver as a replacement. Would you take Vrbata back, not sure there is much left in that tank. Maybe Hansen

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I always thought Dumba's hockey IQ was a little low --always said that I thought he played like a DUMBASS.
Then I looked in a program years ago and saw:

MATT DUMBA,55

You really would have to be a dumbass to make your numbers 55 when your name starts with "Dumba".

That being said, I would like to try him out on the Bruins for the right price! haha

Juneau

Oct 13, 2015

Do you think there's a real argument to be made that Loui is better than Bergy? I believe he arguably the best winger but I can't see an argument for him being the best forward, maybe its semantics on my behalf.

As for Koko, at this point I think the best place to "showcase" him is in the A, where he excels. In my mind, from what I've seen, there's a good chance that bringing him back up will lower his value rather than increase it.

There was an interesting Player Tribune article a while back explaining the stress and pressure on fringe players getting the call up and how it messes with them.

Juneau

Oct 13, 2015

On one hand I kind of agree with not trading a first but really, Loui is a rental so a 1 for 1 will either bring back talent with no term, or term with no talent.

I think it would be best to package him up with whatever it takes to bring in talent, but keep at least one 1st for the draft.

Or trade for the deadline special prospect (preferably with high upside) and a pick.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I always thought Dumba's hockey IQ was a little low --always said that I thought he played like a DUMBASS.

MATT DUMBA,55

You really would have to be a dumbass to make your numbers 55 when your name starts with "Dumba".

That being said, I would like to try him out on the Bruins for the right price! haha

Wild fans have the same fear, that he will never be the smartest player on ice and I'm a bit scared of Dumba because he hasn't been able to take the next step this year and hasn't been as physical as he could. He's not the defensive D we need and won't be had for Lou, so I'd rather pay to get someone else, someone safer and more ready.

All I can hope is that Carlo is NHL ready next year and he has 2 years under his belt when Chara's contract is up.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
He is the plus teams are looking at for a top 4 guy. No way is he available in my eyes

Where are you getting this information? I haven't seen his name mentioned once.. Or are you speculating that they require a Heinen caliber player. Bit confused here.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003

Totally on-board for this type of scenario.
Perhaps address the D too, for less cost and gain an asset for Loui.

I think MIN doesn't move him unless it's a deal that blows them away AND address any need they may have. A team like EDM fits like a glove as a trade partner with them, imo. Perhaps we can be a third wheel in any MIN-EDM transaction.*shrugs*

Mr. Make-Believe

MATT DUMBA,55

Yeah, I'm a little hesitant the more I think about it. I remember a time when I would have divvied big assets for Cam Barker... also an erratic defenceman with great physical tools. Is Dumba another Barker?

Cold feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad