Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
after 47 games played only washington and florida have more points in the east... anyone hoping that we are out of the playoffs and dealing established players for kids is going to be very disappointed unless a huge losing streak hits us between now and march.

i think we have seen that one of hayes/connolly is overkill. one of k miller/trotman needs to be upgraded

its feeling to be like a 2 for 1 deal that lands us a vet 3-4 rhs dman is probably the most reasonable deal to be expected at this point. not many options around that get me excited though.

if we are on speaking terms with edmonton i wonder if chiarelli is still willing to give up a couple picks for connolly? maybe mark fayne has life in him if he returns to the east?

i dont like faynes contract but i could get behind a deal of him and a couple second rounders for connolly and trotman

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Unless they keep Spooner there.

March - Bergy - Spooner
Beleskey - DK - Pasta
Vatrano - (Gasp) Kemp or Ferraro - Hayes
Rinaldo - Talbot - Connolly - Kemp - Ferraro

Wasn't that my original point? :laugh:

That they put him to Rw to have more talent over there instead of Julien not trusting him to play C.

I would LOVE Brodin. Is that a realistic option?

They are shopping him and Dumba.

I think Dumba is the guy Sweeney and crew are looking at. RH shot, plays scrappy, solid puck mover with wheels. It makes a lot of sense.

Chara/Dumba
Seidenberg/Colin
Krug/McQuaid
Killer

Dumba would be a high risk trade for that top pairing, definitely not ready yet and looks like a Colin.
Brodin can play Chara's defensive minutes and could fix that blueline.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And Eriksson plays Lw because of that leaving Rw line to be Pasta-Connolly-Hayes which is not pretty.

I'm hoping a Brodin trade, would be such a perfect target, they don't really have prospects I'd be after and as they'd see him purely as a rental would they be willing to give up one of their better prospects?.

the GM's are very good friends and both Harvard guys

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wasn't that my original point? :laugh:

That they put him to Rw to have more talent over there instead of Julien not trusting him to play C.

They are shopping him and Dumba.

Dumba would be a high risk trade for that top pairing, definitely not ready yet and looks like a Colin.
Brodin can play Chara's defensive minutes and could fix that blueline.

Dumba is small too. I'd focus more on Brodin or add significantly for Scandella.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
the GM's are very good friends and both Harvard guys

Do you see that affecting that much that we'd get one of their top prospects?
One of their top2 prospect+ pick?

Their prospect pool is not the greatest.

Dumba is small too. I'd focus more on Brodin or add significantly for Scandella.

Dumba is offensively highly potential but his defense isn't ready and don't know if it ever will, we need a guy who can play Chara minutes defensively and Brodin is that, and that would take assets, a lot more.
But for pure UFA Eriksson Dumba would be a great price, but highly doubt it, and won't believe he'd be the #1/2 answer.

Edit, to me Dumba isn't worth Eriksson+1st.

http://www.tsn.ca/trade-talk-dumba-brodin-living-on-the-block-1.425277

Dumba is on the block. What a pickup he would be.

Wow, there has a lot of potential to be smoke here. With JFJ scouting the Wild tonight and Fluto stating that MN is interested in Eriksson. We would probably have to add a bit, but this makes total sense for both clubs.

How does it make total sense for both clubs?
Spooner makes much much more sense for them after losing Johansen battle and Sweeney wanting top defensive help.

Minnesota has Vanek, Pominville, Suter, Parise, Koivu +30y players on heavy cap hits so Lou is a pure rental for them, they have cap problems+ a weak prospect pool and they need top6 offensive talent on a cheap contract.

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Do you see that affecting that much that we'd get one of their top prospects?
One of their top2 prospect+ pick?

Their prospect pool is not the greatest.

Dumba is offensively highly potential but his defense isn't ready and don't know if it ever will, we need a guy who can play Chara minutes defensively and Brodin is that, and that would take assets, a lot more.
But for pure UFA Eriksson Dumba would be a great price, but highly doubt it, and won't believe he'd be the #1/2 answer.

Edit, to me Dumba isn't worth Eriksson+1st.

How does it make total sense for both clubs?
Spooner makes much much more sense for them after losing Johansen battle and Sweeney wanting top defensive help.

Minnesota has Vanek, Pominville, Suter, Parise, Koivu +30y players on heavy cap hits so Lou is a pure rental for them and they have cap problems+ a weak prospect pool and they need top6 offensive talent on a cheap contract.

I *really* hope we don't move Spooner over Eriksson. Young, cost-controlled, player just coming into his own, vs a player soon to be a UFA?

That's more of a Chiarelli move than Sweeney.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Also, doubt we're getting Broden from Minnie. He's playing top 4 minutes for them and they're in the hunt for a playoff spot, and a Cup run if they have Eriksson.

If we get a D from them in a trade, it's going to be Dumba.

Eriksson for Dumba and a 1st?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I *really* hope we don't move Spooner over Eriksson. Young, cost-controlled, player just coming into his own, vs a player soon to be a UFA?

That's more of a Chiarelli move than Sweeney.

Not if it fixes the top pairing for 10 years which it could and stop thinking of Chara retirement.

Spooner move if it would happen(which I doubt) shouldn't affect on Eriksson decision.
Fix the top pairing/Chara replacement+ replace Spooner via Eriksson trade, if he truly is after the max.

Eriksson to Minny just makes so much less sense than Spooner to Minny for their situation.
But Eriksson to Nahville for 1st+Vesey makes much sense and would be a killer return.

Also, doubt we're getting Broden from Minnie. He's playing top 4 minutes for them and they're in the hunt for a playoff spot, and a Cup run if they have Eriksson.

If we get a D from them in a trade, it's going to be Dumba.

Eriksson for Dumba and a 1st?

Minnesota has been shopping Brodin for young controlled top6 talent(C) and for rental Eriksson that is way too much.

Last edited:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So JFJ has been to the Jets-Preds game a week ago and was most likely scouting the Wild more-so the Sharks today. ANA's assistant GM was also in Boston today for the game scouting Eriksson is my guess.

So let's look at the Jets, Predators, Ducks, and Wild as potential trade suitors.

Jets: Friedman has said that word around the league is that they are trying to re-sign Byfuglien. I doubt they would be willing to move Trouba either. It looks like Ladd will get dealt freeing them cap to sign Buff and Trouba. The only other piece that may interest the Bruins, as "toast" was a given as a hint by Dom, is Tobias Enstrom which I wouldn't mind. In my opinion, I think Sweeney would rather target a younger defenseman, but Enstrom is an option. Enter Minnesota.

Wild: As BB88 has mentioned, I'm not sure how Eriksson would make sense for them since they are looking to add a center, and they already have wingers. I can only see Eriksson being traded to Minnesota with multiple players and/or assets included in the deal.

From Fluto's article: "But the Wild, according to the GM who knows of their interest in Eriksson, consider him a rental. Even if the Bruins include either their own first-rounder or San Jose’s, it would not be enough for the Wild to send back one of their defensemen (Dumba/Brodin)."

They would most likely want Eriksson and Spooner and other assets, or would just rather target someone like Spooner. Dumba and Brodin should be of most interest.

Predators: They are most definitely not trading any of their defensemen. Jones was the piece they decided to move and got what they needed in RyJo. With that said, if Eriksson is of interest for the Predators, a Prospect+1st will most likely get it done. I would want Vesey or Fiala + 1st.

Ducks: They are most likely targeting Eriksson to play next to Getzlaf and Perry. It could be a multi-player/asset type of deal. Vantanen will probably not be moved as he is like what Krug is to us. With that said, Theodore and Ritchie are players I would target in return for Eriksson. I don't think they move Rakell as he has shown more than someone like Ritchie, nor do I think they move Fowler if they want to make the playoffs by adding Eriksson.

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
why do people feel like we are going tomove spooner

I don't think they will move Spooner... BUT all of the reasons why we want to keep him, might be the reason other teams may be willing to pay for him.

Sell high instead of low.

The risk, we haven't seen Spooner's high.

But he could get a lot of value IF another GM is enamored with him. That's a very big IF, but it all comes down to the return. If the return makes us a better team now and for the future, then it's a move we want to make.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Considering the amount of production our players give us for their salaries, why on god's earth would we move spooner right now?

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
If you can get Brodin, you move Spooner right? I know we like him in that 3rd center slot, but he was even playing wing last night..

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
If you can get Brodin, you move Spooner right? I know we like him in that 3rd center slot, but he was even playing wing last night..

If we want Brodin (and I don't even think Minny would deal him) it will take a helluva lot more than Spooner.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Is Eriksson worth 6 million a year to Boston? ( N0) Can we get a ransom for him at the deadline? (YES)
I think you deal him and if he really wants to stay in Boston he will sign in the off season which I hardly doubt he would.

You can't get rid of Spooner. Remember the mistake we made with Seguin. He is just starting to show his skill and he would be a reasonable contract.

Plus we are thin on having a top 6 as it is and Spooner could always play up. Good centers are hard to find and having one that can move into the top six is a blessing.

Beleskey- Krecji - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - ???
Connolly-Spooner - Hayes
Rinaldo - Kemppainen- Ferraro

The defense needs fixing. Brodin or Dumba would help but you can't over pay for these guys. If Alex Pietrangelo becomes available even at 6.5 million, Boston should take note.
Maybe time to move Seidenberg. I would like to see Chara moved, but I doubt it.

Bruins also need to make some decisions on who plays the 5th and 6th defensive pairing.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
If we want Brodin (and I don't even think Minny would deal him) it will take a helluva lot more than Spooner.

What am I missing with Brodin ? Top 4 guy for sure but a helluva lot more than Spooner ? I'm not adding Spooner to any trade at this point. He looks to be breaking out and god knows this team lacks skilled players.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I wonder if we have to wait till after the allstar game to make a move

honestly not expecting much soon with so many teams bunched up in the playoff race/pursuit

East- 11th and 12th place team (Ottawa/Carolina) sit 5 pts out of playoff spot

West- 11th place team (Duckies) sit 5 pts out

Hard to make up those pts with the 3 point games but you can see the dilemma GM`s have

I think Sweeney will do something and while I suspect it will be before the deadline, it`ll most likely be in the week to 10 days prior IMO when the air clears a bit and some teams are separated a bit more than they currently are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad