Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I would honestly rather keep Eriksson over Yandle. Kaberle written all over him.
The fascination with Yandle has always boggled my mind. Everyone who loves the guy has not watched him play for awhile. He really hasn't been all that good for years. The Coyotes absolutely fleeced the Rangers in that deal.

the team needs a defensemen but giving up Eriksson for one, and it being of the Yandle variety is a backward step.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
The fascination with Yandle has always boggled my mind. Everyone who loves the guy has not watched him play for awhile. He really hasn't been all that good for years. The Coyotes absolutely fleeced the Rangers in that deal.

the team needs a defensemen but giving up Eriksson for one, and it being of the Yandle variety is a backward step.

Someone from our board went to trade board and saying he would pay Eriksson+ for Yandle...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Someone from our board went to trade board and saying he would pay Eriksson+ for Yandle...

I said could see Sweeney offer that, that would save Sweeney his 1st round picks and would follow the article saying they'd want a forward for him, said the same thing in our thread, and I want Lou re-signed.

But frustrating to see San Jose pick heading up, if it stays as a playoff pick we'll need a miracle to happen at the draft weekend to save this teams future.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
I said could see Sweeney offer that, that would save Sweeney his 1st round picks, said the same thing in our thread, and I want Lou re-signed.

I don't see Sweeney offering that at all. For Yandle? I want Loui resigned aswell, unless it's for a better Dman.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't see Sweeney offering that at all. For Yandle? I want Loui resigned aswell, unless it's for a better Dman.

If they don't want to re-sign Lou and are desperate for top3D-player then I'd guess they'd make a call and offer him, wouldn't lose him for nothing.

But wouldn't like that, yes the defense gets better but that would kill the quality of our top6 and we'd have huge holes again in the lineup, meaning maybe playoffs/1st round loss.
Vatrano-Hayes-Beleskey-Marchand-Pasta-Connolly as our wingers would be a scary thought.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
But frustrating to see San Jose pick heading up, if it stays as a playoff pick we'll need a miracle to happen at the draft weekend to save this teams future.

Seeing the way that top end deals are going recently, this idea that we need just one high end prospect to save the franchise is just pure prospect ************ at this point. Bergeron, Rask, and Krejci are going to look like bargains for the next few seasons, after which Chara and Seidenberg will be off the books. We have the pick and prospect capital to trade for an impact D and winger, while likely being able to retain Marchand and maybe Eriksson in the next few seasons. It won't happen this year, but I completely reject the notion that we need the 5 years to return to being a cup contender.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Seeing the way that top end deals are going recently, this idea that we need just one high end prospect to save the franchise is just pure prospect ************ at this point. Bergeron, Rask, and Krejci are going to look like bargains for the next few seasons, after which Chara and Seidenberg will be off the books. We have the pick and prospect capital to trade for an impact D and winger, while likely being able to retain Marchand and maybe Eriksson in the next few seasons. It won't happen this year, but I completely reject the notion that we need the 5 years to return to being a cup contender.

Our prospects don't have the value to get those guys, we don't have Jones, Johanssen or Drouin, they all were top4 picks and like said if this keeps up we won't have after next draft either.

Acquiring #1D via trade is impossible, it has to be drafted, same pretty much goes for true 1st line forwards, and it will take years before our prospects are ready to make an impact, meaning Chara is gone and Bergeron/Krejci past their prime.

So again with this rate Sweeney is going to need a miracle at the draft weekend.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I would honestly rather keep Eriksson over Yandle. Kaberle written all over him.

Making a hole to fill a hole...

We need a top-4 defenseman badly but Yandle is not our guy. Offense on the blue line is not a concern for me right now. We need a really good defensive player, if he can contribute offensively, even better. Plus, if you trade Eriksson for him, there goes your 1st line RW who's a key PKer and is on pace to score 60-70 points... Even bigger hole.

Yandle is a good defenseman and he'd be better than Kaberle, but again, he's not our guy. He's good offensively and is from Massachusetts. We have plenty of guys with both of those characteristics.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Our prospects don't have the value to get those guys, we don't have Jones, Johanssen or Drouin, they all were top4 picks and like said if this keeps up we won't have after next draft either.

Acquiring #1D via trade is impossible, it has to be drafted, same pretty much goes for true 1st line forwards, and it will take years before our prospects are ready to make an impact, meaning Chara is gone and Bergeron/Krejci past their prime.

So again with this rate Sweeney is going to need a miracle at the draft weekend.
Devil's Advocate...

The 2011 Bruins were built mainly through smart trades and shrewd free agent signings. Seguin was the only high draft pick, and he was a role player on that team.

The point is, even without a high draft pick, the Bruins will be fine if they can consistently pick good players with their picks.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I said could see Sweeney offer that, that would save Sweeney his 1st round picks and would follow the article saying they'd want a forward for him, said the same thing in our thread, and I want Lou re-signed.

Wait didn't you have about 1k posts saying you wanted him traded? Or am I reading this wrong?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I really think Sweeney should go all out to try to get Scandella (Dumba as a second choice) from Minnesota.

They are a very good team, that could be better if they can improve their forwards.

Now.....this won't be popular with some...heck I'm not even sure that I like the idea myself, which should point to the fact that it's probably an even deal...but what about Marchand for Scandella?

Similar ages, Scandella has a few more years left on his contract at similar money and each fits a need for the other team.

In a perfect world, I'd much rather move Loui+ for Scandella, but that may not get it done.

If we moved Marchand to vastly improve the defense, they could re-sign Loui, or maybe make a bid for Okposo or another forward this summer.

Again, I don't know how I'd feel if they actually made this move, but thinking about it from the Minnesota perspective, if I were asked about Scandella, Marchand would be a logical return.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Devil's Advocate...

The 2011 Bruins were built mainly through smart trades and shrewd free agent signings. Seguin was the only high draft pick, and he was a role player on that team.

The point is, even without a high draft pick, the Bruins will be fine if they can consistently pick good players with their picks.

Bergeron and Chara were elite, Krejci/Tim playing elite.

This team doesn't have what it takes to be a contender now and the prospect pool we have won't make us a contender while we have Bergeron/Krejci in their prime, and the prospect pool doesn't yet have enough to be a contender.

And we don't have the assets to get players now that would make us contenders now.

Wait didn't you have about 1k posts saying you wanted him traded? Or am I reading this wrong?

I'd love to say something but let's just leave it at Wow, really doing a pathetic job.
How can someone be so bad at calling out posters, I'm disappointed that you aren't even trying these days, C'moon you can do better than that.

I really think Sweeney should go all out to try to get Scandella (Dumba as a second choice) from Minnesota.

They are a very good team, that could be better if they can improve their forwards.

Now.....this won't be popular with some...heck I'm not even sure that I like the idea myself, which should point to the fact that it's probably an even deal...but what about Marchand for Scandella?

Similar ages, Scandella has a few more years left on his contract at similar money and each fits a need for the other team.

In a perfect world, I'd much rather move Loui+ for Scandella, but that may not get it done.

If we moved Marchand to vastly improve the defense, they could re-sign Loui, or maybe make a bid for Okposo or another forward this summer.

Again, I don't know how I'd feel if they actually made this move, but thinking about it from the Minnesota perspective, if I were asked about Scandella, Marchand would be a logical return.

Minny doesn't give up Scandella, he is perfect player for them on a great contract, they are trying Brodin+ for #1C.
Drouin is a 2nd option as he would be on ELC(help their cap) and has top potential, game changer potential.

Last edited:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think it may be time to give Khokhlachev a legit chance on this team, and it should not be at center. Fluto wrote a piece about how the Bruins need a #1 RW to play with Marchand and Bergeron and how the likes of Hayes, Connolly, and to a certain extent Pastrnak have not been viewed to meet expectations production-wise. Khokhlachev is producing on the RW in Providence, and I think there is nothing to lose playing him with the likes of Marchand and Bergeron when guys like Connolly and Hayes have done nothing on that line as well. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but it would not hurt to try. When this team is fully healthy, I would like to see something like this given a shot:

Eriksson - Krejci - Pastrnak/Vatrano
Marchand - Bergeron - Khokhlachev
Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak/Vatrano
4th line

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I think it may be time to give Khokhlachev a legit chance on this team, and it should not be at center. Fluto wrote a piece about how the Bruins need a #1 RW to play with Marchand and Bergeron and how the likes of Hayes, Connolly, and to a certain extent Pastrnak have not been viewed to meet expectations production-wise. Khokhlachev is producing on the RW in Providence, and I think there is nothing to lose playing him with the likes of Marchand and Bergeron when guys like Connolly and Hayes have done nothing on that line as well. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but it would not hurt to try. When this team is fully healthy, I would like to see something like this given a shot:

4th line

Id love if they gave him a shot there...but yeah right :laugh:

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
A little off topic, but a Blues fan on the trade board is arguing pretty heavily that Alex Steen will get 9M on the open market as a UFA. If that's anywhere near accurate, we need to sell Loui NOW because we are 100% priced out there.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

4th line

Its not the last time Koko will be on the roster this season and I don't hate the idea of him playing in that spot at some point.

But, he needs to show some of the speed and energy it sounds like he shows in the AHL before I give him that chance. He just looks nervous and tentative, and I'm not sure that putting a bigger spotlight on him until he gets some confidence will work.

That being said, its not like any of us has met the guy, so maybe that exactly what he needs.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Boston 2016 1st
Boston 2017 1st
Joe Morrow
Kelly (for cap)

for

Edler

Pros:
Edler has experience playing on both sides.
He is 29 and signed for 3 more years at 5 million. Thats a solid term and a solid affordable cap hit.
He can move the puck, and skate, but also is capable of playing against top lines on the top pairing (with Chara for instance)
Is the right age to act as a bridge for our younger D

Cons:
Expensive in terms of assets
Soft
A Cancuck
Isn't a true RHD

Chara Edler
Krug McQuaid
Seidenberg CMiller

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Boston 2016 1st
Boston 2017 1st
Joe Morrow
Kelly (for cap)

for

Edler

Pros:
Edler has experience playing on both sides.
He is 29 and signed for 3 more years at 5 million. Thats a solid term and a solid affordable cap hit.
He can move the puck, and skate, but also is capable of playing against top lines on the top pairing (with Chara for instance)
Is the right age to act as a bridge for our younger D

Cons:
Expensive in terms of assets
Soft
A Cancuck
Isn't a true RHD

Chara Edler
Krug McQuaid
Seidenberg CMiller

I'm not great at these, but IMO that's a package you offer for Shattenkirk or better, not Edler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad