Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We are certainly still in danger of being a "one line team", but I am rather confident that either Donato or DeBrusk could step into a first line role if needed, without much issue.

If Rich Peverley can do it, so can they.

Danton Heinen stepped in a few times last year when Marchand was out and produced, as well. Injuries would kill any team, but agree that Boston has the depth here if needed.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
one thing missing in all this worry about being a one line team... is the defensive side of things. this is a team that can win by shutting things down

maybe not at playoff time... but we are built to be a good regular season team whether we score or not

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
You have to admit this team with Larkin and Karlsson and Tavares while we are at it would look pretty good better than trading for Rick Nash.

Stevie Y for my money right now is the best GM at unearthing top talent on ELCs. A few years ago it was Chicago always trading away their overpaid 3rd liners so they could plug in a far superior player like Saad or Panarin for way less. Every year they seem to get a new stud forward from their system.
Draft years 2007-2009 killed the dynasty that could have been for the Bruins.

We didn't have a transition. Had we even had 3-4 players that panned out to anything during those years, I feel like our fortunes could have been better.

Reactions: Strafer

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
one thing missing in all this worry about being a one line team... is the defensive side of things. this is a team that can win by shutting things down

maybe not at playoff time... but we are built to be a good regular season team whether we score or not
I'm curious with Chara in his twilight, and Bergeron getting older in the seasons to come; if the Bruins will change their game plan. Our defense without Chara changes quite a bit on the defensive side.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Unless that Karlsson guy is still a Senator come next Feb/March.

Crazy to think that the Senators may go from one goal away from a Cup Final appearance, to potentially having to trade away their best D-man, best C (Duchene whose also UFA), and best winger in just 21 months.

I'd be all over trying to acquire Stone. Excellent hockey player.

On top of missing their 1st round pick this upcoming season. Not a lot to look forward to there.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
heinens a versatile and useful player that hopefully will score below 40 points this season (something like 17g 18a) so that the bruins can retain him with debrusk and mcavoy needing deals, because he is a guy that can be slotted in at either wing at any given time with more assertive possession style players and be not only a 20+ goal winger, but one that intelligently breaks up plays and pushes the puck forward, along the boards especially. you could maximize his value if he produces a ton in a top 6 role this year, especially if he ends up with mar-berg like julien had instead of pasta or bjork, knowing you have donato and cehlarik who are to me absolutely ready to be productive nhl players (i luckily have gotten to watch cehlarik regularly) as middle 6 left wing candidates.

i feel like, overall, the approach to this season is similar to last season where they're just confident in the kids they have and are willing to let them compete for jobs. i have a strong belief in frederic after watching him play in providence. he and studnicka will be The Guys here.

Reactions: Blowfish

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I feel bjork is gonna come out strong out of camp and have a super start scoring 5 goals in 3 games. Book it. You heard it here first.

Is he even training yet? Based on the recover time and when he had his surgery, he would be ready to go till end of August/ early September.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
we should keep at least 1 thread to trade proposals. it sucks imho we cant do a new thread for each proposal because I happen to like them. but at least leave this one and only trade proposal thread dedicated to trade proposals. I see I got off topic myself just earlier today. and now here I am making another post without a trade proposal

so just so I can follow my own medicine... heres a proposal

I do think that islanders need to be thinking they aren't making the playoffs after losing Tavares. they basically took Jordan Eberle on board to try to convince Tavares to stay. I think they could easily use some young cheap affordable kids more than a pending ufa.

I am going to really get crazy here and bring johnny boychuk back in this proposal too.

johnny boychuk 4 years at 6 million {islanders need to eat 50% to make this work}
Jordan Eberle 1 year at 6 million {islanders need to eat 50% of this one too}
for
Kevan Miller 2 years at 2.5 mill
Anders Bjork
Peter Chelarik
and our 2019 first round pick

I LOVE the idea of Boychuk as our third pairing vetern stud guy the next 4 years breaking in the young partners that are headed to the big team. be it zboril or vaakanainen or even lauzon I think boychuk can bring out the best in any of them. and of course hes actually capable of playing a very strong 20 plus mins a night still if carlo is struggling or McAvoy got hurt.

as for Eberle... hes soooooooooooo soft but I think we can live with him on the wing with krecji/debrusk. I like the overall chemistry of these 3.

this would really stress out our cap situation to make this trade. even with the retention of salary this would be too much cap to take on so part 2 of my proposal needs to involve dealing McQuaid

trade 2
--------
McQuaid for the best pick we can get for him

I like boychuk much better than miller or McQuaid

and id be willing to move a first at the deadline for Eberle

getting so much cap hit retention from islanders is why im throwing in Bjork. I don't see him above debrusk or Heinen or even donato on our depth chart.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Ok bjork over 20 this year too easy. With krejci and debrusk how can't he?
Krejci and DeBrusk are being demoted to Providence? Now Sweeney has to build a whole second line not just rw on it.

Stop expecting every prospect to be great, In his time in Boston last year what did Bjork show to indicate he will be a 20 goal scorer this year? This isnt picking in Bjork it's the whole JFK/Frederic/Studnicka will easily be third line center and either Donato or Bjork will go from being scratched in the playoffs/sent down to being a second line RW on a supposed contender. Reality is if one of the forward prospects remaining makes the team over Nordstrom they will be ahead of the game. Counting on two top nine spots to be filled by rookies while last years rookies continue to progress without taking a step back is foolish and I hope Donny Hockey has a much better plan than this in place

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Krejci and DeBrusk are being demoted to Providence? Now Sweeney has to build a whole second line not just rw on it.

Stop expecting every prospect to be great, In his time in Boston last year what did Bjork show to indicate he will be a 20 goal scorer this year? This isnt picking in Bjork it's the whole JFK/Frederic/Studnicka will easily be third line center and either Donato or Bjork will go from being scratched in the playoffs/sent down to being a second line RW on a supposed contender. Reality is if one of the forward prospects remaining makes the team over Nordstrom they will be ahead of the game. Counting on two top nine spots to be filled by rookies while last years rookies continue to progress without taking a step back is foolish and I hope Donny Hockey has a much better plan than this in place

Bruins counted on 3 rookies in their top 9 last season and seemed to do pretty well at the end of the day. I've never seen a fan so whiny about fans being excited about the prospects. There's a reason for it, dude. They're good. They have potential. It's not like this is a barren prospect pool, and fans are holding out hope for scrub prospects that wouldn't crack a top 10 in other organizations.

I'm sure the style of play these prospects possess has a lot to do with your crying. They're not 6'8'' 300 lbs. and willing to fight 3 guys at once.

Reactions: maxl7

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
we should keep at least 1 thread to trade proposals. it sucks imho we cant do a new thread for each proposal because I happen to like them. but at least leave this one and only trade proposal thread dedicated to trade proposals. I see I got off topic myself just earlier today. and now here I am making another post without a trade proposal

so just so I can follow my own medicine... heres a proposal

I do think that islanders need to be thinking they aren't making the playoffs after losing Tavares. they basically took Jordan Eberle on board to try to convince Tavares to stay. I think they could easily use some young cheap affordable kids more than a pending ufa.

I am going to really get crazy here and bring johnny boychuk back in this proposal too.

johnny boychuk 4 years at 6 million {islanders need to eat 50% to make this work}
Jordan Eberle 1 year at 6 million {islanders need to eat 50% of this one too}
for
Kevan Miller 2 years at 2.5 mill
Anders Bjork
Peter Chelarik
and our 2019 first round pick

I LOVE the idea of Boychuk as our third pairing vetern stud guy the next 4 years breaking in the young partners that are headed to the big team. be it zboril or vaakanainen or even lauzon I think boychuk can bring out the best in any of them. and of course hes actually capable of playing a very strong 20 plus mins a night still if carlo is struggling or McAvoy got hurt.

as for Eberle... hes soooooooooooo soft but I think we can live with him on the wing with krecji/debrusk. I like the overall chemistry of these 3.

this would really stress out our cap situation to make this trade. even with the retention of salary this would be too much cap to take on so part 2 of my proposal needs to involve dealing McQuaid

trade 2
--------
McQuaid for the best pick we can get for him

I like boychuk much better than miller or McQuaid

and id be willing to move a first at the deadline for Eberle

getting so much cap hit retention from islanders is why im throwing in Bjork. I don't see him above debrusk or Heinen or even donato on our depth chart.

The Johnny Boychuk that bruins fan know and love is no longer there. Do not want. Never played 82 games, trending down every year since 2013. I'm not trading Kevan for Boychuk 1:1

Reactions: HustleB

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Bjork was putting up points when he got started then the injuries kicked in. This kid has the tools. A steal in the 5th round. Can't wait till this 21 yr old shows he belongs with the big boys.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I would love it but going to cost the bruins more than Krug and bjork for Darnell nurse.

if we are giving up krug and bjork we can probably just offersheet instead

do a 7 mill one year offer... trade krug to a second team to recoup the picks

compensation is first, second, third. even for 1 year that would be a trade i would make

i wouldnt want to give nurse a longterm deal at 7. tell him the plan is a 3-4 year deal for around 5 mill

ultimately he probably takes carlo's place in the longterm plans

probably cant afford mcavoy, nurse, carlo all on longterm deals next year

but honestly... i would rather have mcavoy/nurse as my starting building blocks instead oh mcavoy/krug/carlo

would love to see us make the offer sheet and then trade krug or backes to free up the room and recoup the lost picks

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
How about Krug and Bjork for Nurse? Still have Donato, and we get a bit meaner.

Why do we want Nurse?

Seems like one of those grass is greener type things. He’s big mean and can skate but he’s also a dumb turn over machine that panicks with the puck more than he should.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Why do we want Nurse?

Seems like one of those grass is greener type things. He’s big mean and can skate but he’s also a dumb turn over machine that panicks with the puck more than he should.
It's certainly a new direction. Maybe we should get a bit tougher? It's just a thought.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Why do we want Nurse?

I haven't seen Nurse enough to have an opinion on his game but everyone has weaknesses and maybe his is caused by factors such as who his defense-mate is etc. Also the team concept, coaching the aura of champs like Bergeron etc on the bench and as teammates all come into play. I've heard too much good about him to think that this "panicking" will be a career long issue. IMO the Bruins coaching is up there with the best of them, and with mentors like Chara, Miller, McQuaid he would gain a ton of confidence. Also, you can't tell me that being paired up with McAvoy or Carlo would hurt his confidence either. I think that Nurse is the kind of d-man that Neely was talking about after last playoffs when he spoke of upgrades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany