Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I think our season will be defined of how donato plays. If he puts 25 goals 30 assists we will be beasts of the east. He has to fill nash shoes plain and simple.

While I agree we need a fairly decent year from Donato, I dont think he's the key.

Let's not forget, we only had Nash for a handful of regular season games down the stretch.

IMO, if this team can stay healthier...that's going to be the key. We had so many man games lost to injuries last year and still put up huge numbers.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think in the dog days of August we're going to hear that we signed Rick Nash to a 1 year deal. In order to do so, so we're cap compliant, one of Miller/McQuaid will be going out the door. I think adding Nash back in will make this team compete with the likes of the Caps, Pens, Leafs and Bolts. One year extra maturity for McAvoy, Carlo, Debrusk, Heinen, Bjork, and Donato will go a long way in my opinion. Adding in Moore, who will likely play on the 2nd pair, pushing Krug to the 3rd pair and and PP units only, that will make our defense better. Then having Halak really push Tuukka will benefit as well. I'd like to see a 4th line of Wagner-Kuraly-Bjork to start the season. Let Bjork prove himself like Marchand had to do and then he can slide in and replace any of the young guys who aren't performing.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think our season will be defined of how donato plays. If he puts 25 goals 30 assists we will be beasts of the east. He has to fill nash shoes plain and simple.

Filling in Nash shoes won’t be difficult. As far as success. It is a combination of upcoming prospects and 2nd year younger players at all positions progressing to a higher level of success.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think in the dog days of August we're going to hear that we signed Rick Nash to a 1 year deal. In order to do so, so we're cap compliant, one of Miller/McQuaid will be going out the door. I think adding Nash back in will make this team compete with the likes of the Caps, Pens, Leafs and Bolts. One year extra maturity for McAvoy, Carlo, Debrusk, Heinen, Bjork, and Donato will go a long way in my opinion. Adding in Moore, who will likely play on the 2nd pair, pushing Krug to the 3rd pair and and PP units only, that will make our defense better. Then having Halak really push Tuukka will benefit as well. I'd like to see a 4th line of Wagner-Kuraly-Bjork to start the season. Let Bjork prove himself like Marchand had to do and then he can slide in and replace any of the young guys who aren't performing.

Nash has shared he’s considering retirement due concerns with his health. Why would the bruins want to add A player who will be playing protective tentative hockey? He’s thinking about life after hockey as is his family. I doubt he takes a chance to dismantle everything his worked for to play one more year with the bruins.

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Nash has shared he’s considering retirement due concerns with his health. Why would the bruins want to add A player who will be playing protective tentative hockey? I worry for Nash as does his family. I doubt he takes a chance to dismantle a quality life at the risk of playing one more year for the bruins. I wouldn’t.
I believe if he was going to retire, he would have by now. I think he's weighing his options, team wise. I get it may not be worth it, health wise, but I think if he does play, its for the Bruins........and I truly feel he will play one more season. Try and chase the cup!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I believe if he was going to retire, he would have by now. I think he's weighing his options, team wise. I get it may not be worth it, health wise, but I think if he does play, its for the Bruins........and I truly feel he will play one more season. Try and chase the cup!

Perhaps but I think his last concussion scared the crap out of him and his family. I don’t see him coming back. He’s proven himself. Won a gold medal etc. If he wants to win the cup bruins are good but not a sure thing like Washington and or Tampa.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If San Jose is out of it come the TDL, anyone think Pavelski could be available? He's in the final year of his contract, but also has played all 12 years with San Jose and is the teams captain for the last 4 years. The idea of being able to roll out a center group of Bergeron/Pavelski/Krejci/Kuraly is scary though.

Reactions: Blowfish

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What I love about Yzerman is he can sign UFA

Matt Carle 6/$33 M

Buy him out after 3 years.

Ryan Callahan 6/$34.8

Going to have to buy out to try and keep UFA-to-be Yanni Gourde if it’s even possible

Lucky for Yzerman it’s not Boston

$70 M wasted and he’s a hockey God

Ummm....hockey is my third sport do maybe that’s good GMing

I remember Yzerman almost got Eric Karlsson

Not an average almost but a wicked almost

You’d have don Godfather aka ????? calling you out and demanding creativity to get Dylan Larkin

You have to admit this team with Larkin and Karlsson and Tavares while we are at it would look pretty good better than trading for Rick Nash.

Stevie Y for my money right now is the best GM at unearthing top talent on ELCs. A few years ago it was Chicago always trading away their overpaid 3rd liners so they could plug in a far superior player like Saad or Panarin for way less. Every year they seem to get a new stud forward from their system.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If San Jose is out of it come the TDL, anyone think Pavelski could be available? He's in the final year of his contract, but also has played all 12 years with San Jose and is the teams captain for the last 4 years. The idea of being able to roll out a center group of Bergeron/Pavelski/Krejci/Kuraly is scary though.
Pavelski is the Sharks franchise now.... Marleau was previously

Reactions: Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
why would they trade him, there's no guarantee he returns there as a FA, BESIDES, NAME THE LAST TIME San Jose missed the playoffs

LOL so he could just as easily finish his year in SJS and still not sign with them lol. At least if they trade him becaues they are out of the picture they have something if he doesn't return. To answer your question though, SJ missed the playoffs in 2015

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
LOL so he could just as easily finish his year in SJS and still not sign with them lol. At least if they trade him becaues they are out of the picture they have something if he doesn't return. To answer your question though, SJ missed the playoffs in 2015
why does Boston need Pavelski?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You have to admit this team with Larkin and Karlsson and Tavares while we are at it would look pretty good better than trading for Rick Nash.

Stevie Y for my money right now is the best GM at unearthing top talent on ELCs. A few years ago it was Chicago always trading away their overpaid 3rd liners so they could plug in a far superior player like Saad or Panarin for way less. Every year they seem to get a new stud forward from their system.

At least at the forward position anyways.

He was gifted two former Top 2 picks (Stamkos and Hedman).

Built out his D using trades and UFA signings (McDonagh, Stralman, Coburn, Girardi, Sergachev)

Made the wise call of Vaselievky over Bishop (who he stole from Ottawa).

But the amount of cheap young forward talent that has come (and in some cases gone) into the Tampa Bay system via the draft and prospect signings in his 8 years on the job is really pretty remarkable.

Kucherov, Palat, Point, Drouin, Johnson, Gourde, Namestnikov, Connolly, Paquette, Cirelli, Erne

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If Boston wants to make a deep playoff run, why wouldn't they want a guy who can play 20 minutes a night and whose capable of 30+ goals, 30+ assist and for his career is 55% in the face-off circle. Ya you're right, no one wants that on their team when the playoffs roll around.
nope, you want to give up who

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
nope, you want to give up who
Would probably take one of our good C prospects (Studnika/JFK/Frederic) + a 1st at the least if the Sharks are way out of the race (which I doubt happens).

Pavelski would be a massive addition, I just don't see them trading him though.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I think the big fish this year at the trading deadline will be Mark Stone. He is a UFA at the end of the year. Turns 27 during the season. I think he be perfect for Boston IF we end up needed a top 6 wing. With Bjork, Heinen, Donato, if one or all break out like many think they can/will, might not need a forward.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think the big fish this year at the trading deadline will be Mark Stone. He is a UFA at the end of the year. Turns 27 during the season. I think he be perfect for Boston IF we end up needed a top 6 wing. With Bjork, Heinen, Donato, if one or all break out like many think they can/will, might not need a forward.

Unless that Karlsson guy is still a Senator come next Feb/March.

Crazy to think that the Senators may go from one goal away from a Cup Final appearance, to potentially having to trade away their best D-man, best C (Duchene whose also UFA), and best winger in just 21 months.

I'd be all over trying to acquire Stone. Excellent hockey player.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I would absolutely love Stone in Boston if they could find a suitor to take Backes' contract. Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak/DeBrusk/Krejci/Stone is a stacked top 6.

I also wouldn't mind bringing Nash back, the DeBrusk-Krejci-Nash line was good when they were together at the end of the regular season until Nash got hurt. It would allow Boston to maybe rotate the young guys a little bit and keep the elite top line together.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Nash
Donato/Bjork/Heinen/Backes
Nordstrom/Kuraly/Wagner/Acciari

Chara-Carlo
Moore-McAvoy
Krug-Miller
Grzelcyk

Waive or trade McQuaid.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
would dominec moore make anyone happy? he just had his ping pong tournament in Toronto so he was on the drive home show with hayes promoting that. he said he has pretty much no expectations to be back in Toronto this year with the leafs… didn't like being a healthy scratch last year

hes a couple years older but he wants to play again... do we give him a shot to compete at camp for 3rd line center and sort of let Heinen get a few tries there?

a third line of backes/moore/Heinen where Heinen plays a lot of center but moore is there to help him get his feet wet?
I think it's probably pretty safe to say that the only one made happy by signing DMoore to a contract would be DMoore.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I’m more worried that will lose one of the top guns to an injury

Then will see how well all these kids raise or don’t raise there level

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’m more worried that will lose one of the top guns to an injury

Then will see how well all these kids raise or don’t raise there level

We are certainly still in danger of being a "one line team", but I am rather confident that either Donato or DeBrusk could step into a first line role if needed, without much issue.

If Rich Peverley can do it, so can they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad