Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
[QUOTE="Dizzay, post: 148617275, member: 20295"]Not hostile bud, just dont understand why you lol at everything you say when it's not funny?

I once again stated my opinion which I feel was fair and a troll swims up from under the bridge to comment!

As a casual observer, I strongly disagree. LOLZZ

It's pretty obvious Lucic isn't worth his contract and there are better options if the team wants to go down that road. Why don't you go ask Edmonton fans how much they've enjoyed the Lucic of the last two years? Not going to be glowing reviews...[/QUOTE]

This market argued with me alot when i said his contract was bas up until january 2018.

No one likes him now after the last 42 games but trying to say his first 120 games in edmonton wernt value is wrong

Reactions: LondonKnightsRule

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This market argued with me alot when i said his contract was bas up until january 2018.

No one likes him now after the last 42 games but trying to say his first 120 games in edmonton wernt value is wrong

Does anything ever happen which you do not claim to have predicted? You advertise quite a flawless record.

I've though Lucic's current contract was bad for its entire run. And so have plenty of other people on the board.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not hostile bud, just dont understand why you lol at everything you say when it's not funny?

I once again stated my opinion which I feel was fair and a troll swims up from under the bridge to comment!

Okay. You stated an opinion, but in the process made a comment that wasn't 100% true. Wayne Simmonds has 30 goal seasons to his name. My response was nothing more than stating a fact to your comment. You just look at it like I'm trolling..... When I'm not trolling. Every response to you from me, or this little group you always make comments about, is not a troll job.

I actually am fine, I just laugh at young posters on here who dont know anything what it means to play Bruins hockey. Huge reason why I have loved this team for over 30 years.

Did you lace em up for the team?! That's awesome.... Save me this BS. Just because I'm young, doesn't mean I don't know my shit when it comes to the Bruins.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Does anything ever happen which you do not claim to have predicted? You advertise quite a flawless record.

I've though Lucic's current contract was bad for its entire run. And so have plenty of other people on the board.

I admit to tons of things wrong... but I posted here dozens of times we cant resign lucic :)

I also predicted that we couldn't bring back marchand… so im prepared to eat crow

as for the lucic time in Edmonton... I live in Edmonton. I listen to Edmonton am radio on 630 and 1260 for several hours every day

trust me I know WAY WAY WAY more than you do how oiler fans felt about the lucic contract up until January last year

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I admit to tons of things wrong... but I posted here dozens of times we cant resign lucic :)

I also predicted that we couldn't bring back marchand… so im prepared to eat crow

as for the lucic time in Edmonton... I live in Edmonton. I listen to Edmonton am radio on 630 and 1260 for several hours every day

trust me I know WAY WAY WAY more than you do how oiler fans felt about the lucic contract up until January last year

Okay, so regarding the Bruins board. I would say HUNDREDS of posters, including myself, vehemently came out against having Lucic back at anywhere near the money and term he got signed for.

I get it. I argue with the unconditional Lucic fangirls/fanboys that lurk the boards about bringing him back all the time. But you are beyond oblivious and/or delusional if you are implying that your negative thoughts on a re-acquirement of Looch were at all a rare sentiment on here.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Okay, so regarding the Bruins board. I would say HUNDREDS of posters, including myself, vehemently came out against having Lucic back at anywhere near the money and term he got signed for.

I get it. I argue with the unconditional Lucic fangirls/fanboys that lurk the boards about bringing him back all the time. But you are beyond oblivious and/or delusional if you are implying that your negative thoughts on a re-acquirement of Looch were at all a rare sentiment on here.

if you posted you didn't want lucic here I imagine you got the overwhelming negativity I did too. I was posting lucic had to go long before he went

but I am in favor of bringing him back. I have posted multiple times this summer that I would welcome lucic back now at a reduced cap hit. I happen to be a huge fan of his. I just made several arguments before he got traded where I compared him to Lindros, neely, clark gillies, and other guys that made most of their room by running people over... and I pointed out none of these guys stay healthy and productive after age 30

im sorry if you get upset at me for pointing these things out. I also did the same type of study for marchand where I compare him to burrows, morrow, landenbrunner, Callahan and other agitator types including pat boutette from the past.

I NEVER CLAIM TO BE PERFECT LMAO... I have made 100s of posts where I make fun of myself. I talk about my love of prospects like Cameron mann and Shayne Stevenson. I talk about how I was convinced steve Heinze and bob Sweeney were going to be 40 goal scorers. I talk about how I was a huge fan of trading for griffen reinhart and how I wanted to draft jens karlsson and jeff woywitka

I think some people here are a little over sensitive when they want to crap on me. maybe I stand up for the few times I was right because some of you were crapping on me then too. in the past 15 years maybe some of the same people here were crapping on me the entire time. and maybe that's why I like to point out to some of you that YOU WERE WRONG

but... that said... this isn't one of those times. you simply said oiler fans weren't happy with lucic for the past 2 years. I said they weren't happy with him the last 6 months. I invite you to go necro some discussion threads on him form before jan 1 2018 if you honestly want to try to support your position.

I was actively involved in those discussions... im very very very confident of my position. the lucic hate started after January 1.

sadly I cant go back and find links from before 2017 in the search but heres one from December where 1 fan posted to trade him and the vocal majority roared back in support. you can read for yourself how people were talking since maybe you don't remember accurately without a refresher

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/oilers-need-to-trade-lucic.2416217/

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
if you posted you didn't want lucic here I imagine you got the overwhelming negativity I did too. I was posting lucic had to go long before he went

but I am in favor of bringing him back. I have posted multiple times this summer that I would welcome lucic back now at a reduced cap hit. I happen to be a huge fan of his. I just made several arguments before he got traded where I compared him to Lindros, neely, clark gillies, and other guys that made most of their room by running people over... and I pointed out none of these guys stay healthy and productive after age 30

im sorry if you get upset at me for pointing these things out. I also did the same type of study for marchand where I compare him to burrows, morrow, landenbrunner, Callahan and other agitator types including pat boutette from the past.

I NEVER CLAIM TO BE PERFECT LMAO... I have made 100s of posts where I make fun of myself. I talk about my love of prospects like Cameron mann and Shayne Stevenson. I talk about how I was convinced steve Heinze and bob Sweeney were going to be 40 goal scorers. I talk about how I was a huge fan of trading for griffen reinhart and how I wanted to draft jens karlsson and jeff woywitka

I think some people here are a little over sensitive when they want to crap on me. maybe I stand up for the few times I was right because some of you were crapping on me then too. in the past 15 years maybe some of the same people here were crapping on me the entire time. and maybe that's why I like to point out to some of you that YOU WERE WRONG

but... that said... this isn't one of those times. you simply said oiler fans weren't happy with lucic for the past 2 years. I said they weren't happy with him the last 6 months. I invite you to go necro some discussion threads on him form before jan 1 2018 if you honestly want to try to support your position.

I was actively involved in those discussions... im very very very confident of my position. the lucic hate started after January 1.

Neither you or I wanted Lucic back at that term and cap hit. And we weren't nearly alone. Yes, were there some people vehemently for bringing him back no matter what? Yup. And there still are.

You've got to understand that when you write out three page long thread discussions, you are inevitably going to attract posters who think the opposite of you that want an equally long conversation. You then set yourself up to think that there is a gang ready to burn you at the stake.

This is like me with firing Claude Julien. While I think that was a more even split than the Lucic thing, I could not stand the unconditional Claude/"there's no one else available" supporters. Truthufully, however, I think a healthy portion of this board was ready to move on. I certainly wasn't nearly alone.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Neither you or I wanted Lucic back at that term and cap hit. And we weren't nearly alone. Yes, were there some people vehemently for bringing him back no matter what? Yup. And there still are.

You've got to understand that when you write out three page long thread discussions, you are inevitably going to attract posters who think the opposite of you that want an equally long conversation. You then set yourself up to think that there is a gang ready to burn you at the stake.

This is like me with firing Claude Julien. While I think that was a more even split than the Lucic thing, I could not stand the unconditional Claude/"there's no one else available" supporters. Truthufully, however, I think a healthy portion of this board was ready to move on. I certainly wasn't nearly alone.

I appreciate what you are saying. and I know hf has rules about necroing threads. or getting into this... you were wrong in 2014 thing...

I wish they didn't have a policy against it because I love when I have debates with my friends from 5-10-20 years ago. that's who I am on a personal level. I don't really care when im wrong... not much

I actually have said that no one gets it right more than 50% of the time. that's a philosophy I have. ive invited people to share with me their ideas and if they get it right more than 50% of the time I will eat humble crow and call them a genius.

since I don't think anyone gets it right more than 50% of the time... im prepared to live with my score being less than 50% too.

theres certain things I spend a hell of a lot of time on... things that aren't a matter of opinion. things that are actually facts. when im arguing a fact I will be a bit more vigorous in my argument. specially when its an area I spend a lot of time developing my understanding.

contracts... I get pretty vigorous on those.

the teams success record... hell, I love to celebrate positive achievements so I will definitely argue in favor that this team has a pretty damn good record over the years of success

terry oreillys legacy... hes my all time favorite hero for a reason

there are some things I will argue and they mean enough to me that I will throw some elbows when I argue. so, apologize to the innocent who get tagged. my elbows are probably meant for a few others here who like to personally attack me. I cant name them because to me its never personal. its about my passion for my team and the game it plays

other things like... drafting and developing kids... I have no particular passion about it. I only have 45 years experience as a bruin fan. not all kids end up making it. and theres a limit how many kids can make it at one time. im not passionate about it... I just think the odds are in favor im right about it because history tells me im right

when I said lucic was a bad option to sign... hell im a lucic fan. I certainly wasn't passionate about saying he should be dealt. I said history tells us he should be dealt. im not a genius for looking at history, im just someone with a lot of experience who takes the time to study my history

as I said... I did a history look at marchand and so far hes defying history. my passion is in favor of marchand. ive made over a dozen posts since I said we shouldn't resign him and in every one I happily eat crow. im very passionately happy I was wrong about him so far

I said history is ok about signing david backes. I compared him to big bodies like mike Knuble and Brenden shanahan and mike fisher and ron francais and others who didn't necessarily need to run people over to be effective... who had talent in the slot and could defend and could use their big bodies even as they slowed down to get their position. of course backes hasn't been able to stay healthy, but I continue to believe if he gets healthy he will justify his contract. will I be wrong? maybe...

but its not really me... its history

history wasn't kind for louie Eriksson. I compared him to esa tikkanen, jere lehtenen, pj axlesson, jan Eriksson from the rangers... and some others who were smallish shifty euros known for their 2 way positional play. again you see overwhelming evidence that when these guys lose a step near 30... they fall off the face of the earth overnight

its a rare type of guy that stays effective much beyond 30-31 years of age so general idea is to bet against these guys. but truly elite talent can stay effect to 40 and some other certain type players have a better track record of continuing success too

not all players are finished at 30. dmen who are 'smart' tend to continue to play well after 30. guys with size who don't get hurt... tend to continue past 30

its the smaller/skaters who slow down that fall off quick... and the guys that are constantly making body contact... and the guys who had to work harder then everyone else just to earn a living on the 4th line.

anyhow... I do wish that people stopped trying to say I am always trying to claim im perfect. theres a few people here who hate me on a personal level that tried to spread this crap about me over the past several years. maybe they didn't like when I said we are all less than 50% because I include them in that too. but I sure as hell include myself

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I appreciate what you are saying. and I know hf has rules about necroing threads. or getting into this... you were wrong in 2014 thing...

I wish they didn't have a policy against it because I love when I have debates with my friends from 5-10-20 years ago. that's who I am on a personal level. I don't really care when im wrong... not much

I actually have said that no one gets it right more than 50% of the time. that's a philosophy I have. ive invited people to share with me their ideas and if they get it right more than 50% of the time I will eat humble crow and call them a genius.

since I don't think anyone gets it right more than 50% of the time... im prepared to live with my score being less than 50% too.

theres certain things I spend a hell of a lot of time on... things that aren't a matter of opinion. things that are actually facts. when im arguing a fact I will be a bit more vigorous in my argument. specially when its an area I spend a lot of time developing my understanding.

contracts... I get pretty vigorous on those.

the teams success record... hell, I love to celebrate positive achievements so I will definitely argue in favor that this team has a pretty damn good record over the years of success

terry oreillys legacy... hes my all time favorite hero for a reason

there are some things I will argue and they mean enough to me that I will throw some elbows when I argue. so, apologize to the innocent who get tagged. my elbows are probably meant for a few others here who like to personally attack me. I cant name them because to me its never personal. its about my passion for my team and the game it plays

other things like... drafting and developing kids... I have no particular passion about it. I only have 45 years experience as a bruin fan. not all kids end up making it. and theres a limit how many kids can make it at one time. im not passionate about it... I just think the odds are in favor im right about it because history tells me im right

when I said lucic was a bad option to sign... hell im a lucic fan. I certainly wasn't passionate about saying he should be dealt. I said history tells us he should be dealt. im not a genius for looking at history, im just someone with a lot of experience who takes the time to study my history

as I said... I did a history look at marchand and so far hes defying history. my passion is in favor of marchand. ive made over a dozen posts since I said we shouldn't resign him and in every one I happily eat crow. im very passionately happy I was wrong about him so far

I said history is ok about signing david backes. I compared him to big bodies like mike Knuble and Brenden shanahan and mike fisher and ron francais and others who didn't necessarily need to run people over to be effective... who had talent in the slot and could defend and could use their big bodies even as they slowed down to get their position. of course backes hasn't been able to stay healthy, but I continue to believe if he gets healthy he will justify his contract. will I be wrong? maybe...

but its not really me... its history

history wasn't kind for louie Eriksson. I compared him to esa tikkanen, jere lehtenen, pj axlesson, jan Eriksson from the rangers... and some others who were smallish shifty euros known for their 2 way positional play. again you see overwhelming evidence that when these guys lose a step near 30... they fall off the face of the earth overnight

its a rare type of guy that stays effective much beyond 30-31 years of age so general idea is to bet against these guys. but truly elite talent can stay effect to 40 and some other certain type players have a better track record of continuing success too

not all players are finished at 30. dmen who are 'smart' tend to continue to play well after 30. guys with size who don't get hurt... tend to continue past 30

its the smaller/skaters who slow down that fall off quick... and the guys that are constantly making body contact... and the guys who had to work harder then everyone else just to earn a living on the 4th line.

anyhow... I do wish that people stopped trying to say I am always trying to claim im perfect. theres a few people here who hate me on a personal level that tried to spread this crap about me over the past several years. maybe they didn't like when I said we are all less than 50% because I include them in that too. but I sure as hell include myself

I just couldn't get through another one of these. Sorry, it's too late.

Have a good night.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Bruins hockey has won how many cups in the last 40 years?

I guess we are talking since 1978... the last 40 champions

looks like

oilers won 5
Pittsburgh won 5
Detroit won 4
islanders won 4
montreal won 3
Colorado won 3
devils won 3
Chicago won 3
LA won 2

Calgary 1
rangers 1
dallas 1
Carolina 1
Washington 1
Anaheim 1
tampa 1

there was 1 season no one won

and then we won once

so theres like 9 teams that actually won multiple cups... lets see how many SUCKED HUGE to put together their winning team

Pittsburgh... yup
Detroit... yup
islanders... yup
Quebec/Colorado... yup
Chicago... yup
devils... yup

at least 6 of the teams put together their powerhouse teams by sucking

then there was the case of oilers and montreal that were special circumstance too

was LA the only team with comparable circumstances as us who actually won more than 1 cup?

how many cup finals did we make compared to these other teams?

78/88/90/2013.… including our win in 2011 we go to the finals 5 times. how many teams have been there more?

looks like just Detroit/Pittsburgh/Edmonton

if the mark of success is winning cups/getting to the finals... AND avoiding 5-6-7 year stretches of not making the playoffs... we are in very elite company

the boston way has been successful

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
As a casual observer, I strongly disagree. LOLZZ

It's pretty obvious Lucic isn't worth his contract and there are better options if the team wants to go down that road. Why don't you go ask Edmonton fans how much they've enjoyed the Lucic of the last two years? Not going to be glowing reviews...

As a casual observer......maybe you should stick to that and not a psychology. Fair from being rattled by the comments of a kid on this board. I mostly find him funny because his sole purpose in life the last two months has been to get alerts when I post and try and get me angry.

I don't give a f*** if you or any other poster on here calls me a Lucic fanboy or not. I stated a case that players like Lucic are not dinosaurs...........end of story. I couldn't give a f*** if he gets paid $5 or $6,000,00, mostly because it wasn't the point I was arguing.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
As a casual observer......maybe you should stick to that and not a psychology. Fair from being rattled by the comments of a kid on this board. I mostly find him funny because his sole purpose in life the last two months has been to get alerts when I post and try and get me angry.

Yeah that’s it. Good grief, are you off the deep end on this one. Get over yourself.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah IDK why we wouldn't have topped that Skinner offer.

The guys Buffalo has picked up this summer prior to Skinner are all better than what they had Sheary/Blues guys none were high end talents but they just got that guy. And they likely have the soon to be best D man in the league.

That team might already be very good all those pickups are at the top of the roster.

Reactions: Blowfish

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Yeah IDK why we wouldn't have topped that Skinner offer.

The guys Buffalo has picked up this summer prior to Skinner are all better than what they had Sheary/Blues guys none were high end talents but they just got that guy. And they likely have the soon to be best D man in the league.

That team might already be very good all those pickups are at the top of the roster.

The only way it makes sense for the Bruins not to have matched or improved upon that offer is if Skinner didn't want to come to Boston (NMC) or if they were informed/had reasonable suspicion that he wouldn't re-sign.

Otherwise, it's shameful that they couldn't have put together a better offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad