Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What has Donato shown to indicate he is too good for the AHL? He was a good player in an Olympics that the men's hockey tournament was the equivalent of the Spengler cup and has less than 20 games regular season and playoff experience.

Blacked out for Bjork’s early season production and woke up for his injury. You slept through donato’s 12 games too?

I get, I dont agree, but i get the desire to let the kids play and fail or succeed. Having a backup plan is a pretty good idea, one that involves a short term contract on a 15 to 18 goal veteran being signed or dealt for before training camp starts in case the super prospects dont all pan out and Donato winds up centering Senyshyn or Bjork in Providence.

We know.... If it’s not a post about “Lack of toughness” or “Your hate of Kokhlachev” this is usually another one of your favorite things to constantly repeat. “You don’t get why the Bruins are giving rookies looks and everyone overvalues prospects.”

If one of our “super prospects” ran around hitting everything that moved and dropped the gloves every other game, I’m sure you’d be pining for him really hard to get a look.

People see openings, and we have prospects that are ready for a look. That’s why there’s prospects inserted in the lineups. This season has potential to see 2 rookies. Is that really a lot?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Blacked out for Bjork’s early season production and woke up for his injury. You slept through donato’s 12 games too?

We know.... If it’s not a post about “Lack of toughness” or “Your hate of Kokhlachev” this is usually another one of your favorite things to constantly repeat. “You don’t get why the Bruins are giving rookies looks and everyone overvalues prospects.”

If one of our “super prospects” ran around hitting everything that moved and dropped the gloves every other game, I’m sure you’d be pining for him really hard to get a look.

People see openings, and we have prospects that are ready for a look. That’s why there’s prospects inserted in the lineups. This season has potential to see 2 rookies. Is that really a lot?
Agreed
not a lot compared to how many kids played their first games in the league last year

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If a scout who worked in the Eastern Conference same division as New Jersey likes the Moore signing a lot and thinks the Bruins will be really good for his overall game go against 2 Leafs bloggers who think the move sucks

Serious question

Scout without agenda or Leafs bloggers - one who comes with built in excuses when he’s wrong

Hmmmm

Jus’ sayin’

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
In the next year and a half the

Moore-Carlo pairing is going to be really good

Two 6’2-6’5 guys that can skate

Excited to see what Kevin Dean does with Moore and how Chara a LHD tutors him

Halak
Moore
Wagner
Nordström

Wagner - wanted and posted it

Halak - never even thought about it but as someone fortunate enough to watch him live from feet away for years I’ve always been a huge fan

‘Shit, Halak in net’ was a comment I said many times

He had a down turn last 18 months but he just turned 33 in May and should have plenty left in tank

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agree with a lot of that Dan, but want Carlo with Z and Moore with C-Mac.

May not play out that way, will have to wait and see.
Carlo and Chara are defensively based but it’s possible Carlo starts skating it up more which I think he can and will

Carlo has the ability to average 25 points - he can skate very well and makes an excellent first pass

He takes another step next year on both sides of ice

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
No way a Bruins offer for Trouba doesn't include one of Krug or Carlo for it to be successful.
Trouba is a tough one to get a read on.

For me anyways he seems to be very particular in his role on a team, maybe to the point of being irritating.

For a guy who has won sweet f*** all in the league he sure has a high opinion of himself.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Carlo and Chara are defensively based but it’s possible Carlo starts skating it up more which I think he can and will

Carlo has the ability to average 25 points - he can skate very well and makes an excellent first pass

He takes another step next year on both sides of ice

IMO, in his rookie year, Carlo let Chara handle the puck more, which was natural.

Last year, Carlo was with Krug, who handled the puck 90% of the time. When Chara and Krug were out for a few games, Carlo really stepped up his game. We saw him be more assertive in his own end and frequently stepping up into the play. He has the skating ability to do it.

That’s what I want to see from him on a game to game basis, and the best way to get him there is to get him away from Krug and onto a pair where he can be that guy. As Chara ages, he will need to rely on his D partner more and more. Let Carlo be that guy, at least to start the season and see how the two look together.

I think we know what McAvoy is. We know what Chara, Miller and Krug are. Need to find out what Carlo and Moore (in this system) can be.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No way a Bruins offer for Trouba doesn't include one of Krug or Carlo for it to be successful.
Trouba would be fantastic

However how can Winnipeg have threads on the Main Board about being the next dynasty and featured on the cover of the Hockey News as a loaded talented team and not keep such an important and core piece

If I’m Boston and could trade for him and get a 7/49 deal that costs me Carlo (painfully but Trouba a stud) and a wing prospect or another D prospect I’d do it.

McAvoy/Trouba ~ top 4 RHD

Gas up the Duck Boats

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
IMO, in his rookie year, Carlo let Chara handle the puck more, which was natural.

Last year, Carlo was with Krug, who handled the puck 90% of the time. When Chara and Krug were out for a few games, Carlo really stepped up his game. We saw him be more assertive in his own end and frequently stepping up into the play. He has the skating ability to do it.

That’s what I want to see from him on a game to game basis, and the best way to get him there is to get him away from Krug and onto a pair where he can be that guy. As Chara ages, he will need to rely on his D partner more and more. Let Carlo be that guy, at least to start the season and see how the two look together.

I think we know what McAvoy is. We know what Chara, Miller and Krug are. Need to find out what Carlo and Moore (in this system) can be.

I think playing with Krug was bad for Carlo's offensive development (although fine for his overall development). I think playing with Moore will be better for it. Moore has the skating to shutdown the neutral zone along with Carlo's skating and reach and won't dominate puck moving duties. An aggressive engaged Carlo is better than a passive modern era Hal Gill Carlo protecting Krug.

Reactions: hrdpuk

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think playing with Krug was bad for Carlo's offensive development (although fine for his overall development). I think playing with Moore will be better for it. Moore has the skating to shutdown the neutral zone along with Carlo's skating and reach and won't dominate puck moving duties. An aggressive engaged Carlo is better than a passive modern era Hal Gill Carlo protecting Krug.

Agreed.

Carlo can develop his game with either Moore or Chara. I just like the Z pairing because of the comfort level, with the two of them having played together.

Not a slight against Krug, but if a team has the depth to move him to a 3rd pair/PP QB role, I think he will dominate in that setting.

Win-Win.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I hope Moore plays well, but I see him as another Holden, which he was ok, just not enough to be better than what is currently in the lineup. He could be anywhere from a good 4 guy, to 7th player depth. I get it though, chances are not every D prospect makes it, Miller and McQuaid usually end up with one significant injury a year and they are getting 0lder. Chara older as well, so I can understand why they did it. I would say I am indifferent about the signing as I don't see much impact good or negative. Hope I am wrong though sometimes a new coach breathes life into a player and their game takes off.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I hope Moore plays well, but I see him as another Holden, which he was ok, just not enough to be better than what is currently in the lineup. He could be anywhere from a good 4 guy, to 7th player depth. I get it though, chances are not every D prospect makes it, Miller and McQuaid usually end up with one significant injury a year and they are getting 0lder. Chara older as well, so I can understand why they did it. I would say I am indifferent about the signing as I don't see much impact good or negative. Hope I am wrong though sometimes a new coach breathes life into a player and their game takes off.

I really think Cassidy can be to Moore what Julien was to Seidenberg. His skill set fits the system. A big Gryz with a better shot should do will in this system. But I am an optimist.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Z is getting slow and having trouble closing off the blue line. He's an excellent second or third pairing but whoever is with him will have to spend too much time watching his back. If Z loses a step he's lost. But deep in his zone he's great

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Trouba is a tough one to get a read on.

For me anyways he seems to be very particular in his role on a team, maybe to the point of being irritating.

For a guy who has won sweet **** all in the league he sure has a high opinion of himself.
He has without becoming a complete ass done his best to get out of Winnipeg, everyone knows he wants out and his arbitration award is going to be interesting

Chip off the Rohloff

Jul 4, 2018
If the Bruins acquire a young center such as Sam Bennett this offseason, I would consider that a major win. I wouldn't break the bank for this kind of move of course. My thought is in line with the structure of other proposals as a 1 for 1 swap. Calgary probably believes Bennett is more valuable internally than through a trade, but I do believe Sweeney needs to be exploring low risk high reward type of deals like this to enhance our long-term center depth.

I'm a big fan of both Studnicka and Frederic as prospects, but there is still considerable uncertainty as to their potential ceiling in the NHL. If Bennett were to hypothetically develop into a top six center, that reduces the burden of having both Studnicka and Frederic develop into top six players. Also, there is no guarantee that either Heinen or Donato can play center at the NHL level despite their previous NCAA experience. Regardless, Backes moving back to 3rd line center for even one year would really simplify how we set up the forward lines come October.

Reactions: Strafer

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Why Artemi Panarin would be a dream fit with the Bruins - The Boston Globe

If this plays out as expected, Panarin will start the season in Columbus, where he is on the books for one more year at $6 million. Rather than lose him for zero compensation next July, the Jackets will be forced to move him prior to the February 2019 trade deadline, likely asking for the standard deadline deal — a player, a prospect, and a draft pick.

The alternative, albeit unlikely, would be for Kekalainen to solicit offers for Panarin now, and allow teams first to negotiate an extension with him. In such a scenario, the return would be far better for Columbus than it would be next February, given that the acquiring team would be adding Panarin as an asset under its control for up to eight seasons. In February, teams would be faced with acquiring Panarin as a rental.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
DeBrusk and Carlo for Panarin huh? If the plan is to play Panarin at LW that makes some sense. I know Panarin is a right show LW, but has he ever played RW?

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Heinen, Backes and Zboril for a signed Panarin.

Marchy Bergy Pasta
Panarin Krecji Bjork
Debrusk Donato /Wagner
Nordstrom Kuraly Acciari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad