Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Why would trading Krug for Trouba mean flipping Carlo?
Going forward I doubt Carlo would be happy with his ice time C Mac and Trouba would eat minutes like crazy.
Also spending Trouba money without fixing LD for the future unless you believe Moore is that good still leaves a hole maybe a kid fits here idk for sure dude seems like going the wrong way by acquiring a RD atm .. Killer is the most underrated player on Bruins kinda like Heinen never gets any credit.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Why would trading Krug for Trouba mean flipping Carlo?

cap management and icetime

trouba and McAvoy are clearly 2 three zone right shot dmen both of whom will be commanding in excess of 6 mill per season

carlo is a bit behind these guys but still more than good enough to be commanding a 4 mill salary.

unless you intend to play 2 right shot dmen together at the same time... there isn't a slot available for all 3 guys to fit into and not enough cap room to fill a 3rd pair 16 min per night guy that type of money

Reactions: BergyWho37

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I highly doubt Columbus is going to trade Panarin. I think they go the season and hope they have some success and convince him to stay. I want nothing to do with Trouba. Overrated, the price would be too high and I’m good with McAvoy and Carlo as my top 2 D on the right side. Adding Trouba means killer and McQuaid are probably gone and I want to keep those guys and what they bring on the 3rd pairing. If you’re trading a D(probably Krug is what most of us are running with) it better be for a legit top 6 winger, preferably on the RW that will be here for some years.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
love that this thread is basically:
  1. someone posts an incredibly stupid trade proposal (or several)
  2. otherwise reasonable people spend the next two pages telling them how stupid it is instead of just ignoring them like they should
Well that's just stupid.

I say we talk Brett Hull out of retirement and the trade him for McDavid and concert tickets to see Nelson.

What you don't like Nelson?

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Okay Bear with me .. taking Bill’s idea with a different look

Krug EDM
RNH Canes
Skinner BOS

Could this be tweaked to work ?

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Skinner is a way better goal scorer and did say could be tweaked

Skinner doesn’t even have a center to set him up

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
love that this thread is basically:
  1. someone posts an incredibly stupid trade proposal (or several)
  2. otherwise reasonable people spend the next two pages telling them how stupid it is instead of just ignoring them like they should

what other purpose does a trade rumor/proposal thread have?

when I started people were allowed to post ideas as new threads... and people could have a direct conversation. that's what I loved

the boards management here told us to put it in one all-inclusive thread. or take it to the trade board

as far as real rumors go... we know that they rarely become real trades {I cant remember any on the bruin board that ever led to a real trade but im told im wrong}

so if the real rumors are next to pointless... and dead at the moment... then filling a thread like this requires proposals

people are more naturally negative then positive. its more fun to tear down someone elses idea than to just give it a thumbs up

more people will take the time to post if they feel negative then if they feel positive

so when you enter a thread like this... expect what you will find. that's the nature of this beast. it will always be the same

maybe the board administrators can allow us 1 thread for 'real rumors' and one for fantasy trade talk?

might helps some of you avoid this if it bothers you. and gives some of us a better place to have fun if we like it

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think a Krug and Heinen package could land us a signed Panarin. Including Krug evens out the salary cap. My question is what is it going to cost to resign him? 8x8?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Panarin-Krejci-Cehlarik
Debrusk-Backes-Bjork
Wagner-Kurlay-Accairi

Chara-McAvoy
Moore-Carlo
Gryz-Miller
I doubt that's a deal that works for CBS. LD isn't a big need. C or W as the primary piece.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I believe Panarin has made it clear he only wants to sign with a small number if teams. I'm not sure if Boston is on that list.
Actually he hasn't at all. CBS would love it if he gave them a list.

What he's saying is this: He's not sure where he wants to play the 8 years after the upcoming season. It might be CBS, but he's not sure. OTHER people assume it's LA or FLA or NY, but neither he nor his agent have ever named destinations.

Reactions: Fenian24

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I highly doubt Columbus is going to trade Panarin. I think they go the season and hope they have some success and convince him to stay. I want nothing to do with Trouba. Overrated, the price would be too high and I’m good with McAvoy and Carlo as my top 2 D on the right side. Adding Trouba means killer and McQuaid are probably gone and I want to keep those guys and what they bring on the 3rd pairing. If you’re trading a D(probably Krug is what most of us are running with) it better be for a legit top 6 winger, preferably on the RW that will be here for some years.

After what the Islanders just went through with Travares the Jackets will move Panarin they are just waiting for the right deal.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
After what the Islanders just went through with Travares the Jackets will move Panarin they are just waiting for the right deal.
If we can't land Panarin I'm hoping it's Panarin for Morgan Rielly. Same deal as Tavares!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If we can't land Panarin I'm hoping it's Panarin for Morgan Rielly. Same deal as Tavares!

I can't see the Leafs doing this trade. Why would they trade their #1 defenseman for the farthest thing they need in another winger? A winger that surely would be nothing more than a rental. No possible way they could lock up all Nylander, Marner, and Matthews (on top of) Panarin.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I can't see the Leafs doing this trade. Why would they trade their #1 defenseman for the farthest thing they need in another winger? A winger that surely would be nothing more than a rental. No possible way they could lock up all Nylander, Marner, and Matthews (on top of) Panarin.
That's the joke/point of the proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad