Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Since he does't hit like prime Lucic, and kill penalties like Bergeron, he's useless. Who needs goals scored?

We don't need a goal scorer! We need someone who can play safe, boring, defensive hockey!

Unrelated, but I hated Claude because he was too defense-oriented!!!

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why do I see people calling Jeff Skinner small? He's 5'11'' 200 lbs..... Did I miss something? So is it the fact that he is missing an inch? If his height was listed at 6'0'', no one would be calling him small. No one would bring up his size; even though it's actually not an issue. Why do I get the sense that people who are saying Skinner is a small forward, think he's 5'9'' 180 lbs.? :laugh:

Reactions: maxl7

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
Why do I see people calling Jeff Skinner small? He's 5'11'' 200 lbs..... Did I miss something? So is it the fact that he is missing an inch? If his height was listed at 6'0'', no one would be calling him small. No one would bring up his size; even though it's actually not an issue. Why do I get the sense that people who are saying Skinner is a small forward, think he's 5'9'' 180 lbs.? :laugh:

I think people complaining about Skinner being too small are living in the wrong decade: 2017-18 Tampa Bay Lightning Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
All I know is that Jeff Skinner would give the Bruins a 3rd winger in their Top 6 who has 30 goal skill, and has done it in his career multiple times. He would also bring excellent speed and skill as well. He would look good on either line. I have no idea what the price is, but I'd be in on this one.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Skinner
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pastrnak

Sign me up.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
All I know is that Jeff Skinner would give the Bruins a 3rd winger in their Top 6 who has 30 goal skill, and has done it in his career multiple times. He would also bring excellent speed and skill as well. He would look good on either line. I have no idea what the price is, but I'd be in on this one.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Skinner
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pastrnak

Sign me up.

I have a hard time believing a team could shut down 2 lines like that in the playoffs. Pastrnak can score goals on his own, nvm having Krejci/Debrusk to work with. If NHL refs were competent, I could easily see that top line setting an NHL record for penalties drawn in a season.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Not saying it’s the reason for it directly, but a couple more inches might have saved him a concussion or two. Or 5. Or whatever he’s up to now.

Pass on this guy. Good player but a spatula kitchen injury could be the end of him at this point.

Reactions: Strafer

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Not saying it’s the reason for it directly, but a couple more inches might have saved him a concussion or two. Or 5. Or whatever he’s up to now.

Pass on this guy. Good player but a spatula kitchen injury could be the end of him at this point.

Hasn't missed significant time since the 2012 season.

GP since then

Way overblown about the injury issue.

Losing Krug for what? Knowing that I can give you an answer.

GP since then

Are you saying he hasn't been hit in the last 5 years? Sign me the F up for a player with that kind of elusiveness.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

You can argue any player is one concussion away from ending his career or whatever. We have a player on our team who fits this. While he has concussion history, he's proven to be durable throughout the season.

Reactions: BMC and maxl7

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would love Skinner - one of my favorite players

Not sure of cost & then cost

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
skinner is being overblown here, his scoring has been very up and down since coming into the league

He will cost big assets to obtain

He will command more than 6 million when his contract is up

He doesn’t fit what this team needs, could we score more goals? Sure why not, but we’re not improving an area of weakness. In fact we might take from an area of weakness just to get him (LHD)

The cost and then contact cost to re-sign him makes this an obvious no without even bothering to approach all the other factors

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
You can argue any player is one concussion away from ending his career or whatever. We have a player on our team who fits this. While he has concussion history, he's proven to be durable throughout the season.
That’s true. But why add to it?

They already have enough guys that are shifty and can score. What they need is a big assed forward with some hands to park in front of the net so I don’t have to watch a full season of them taking unscreened writers from the half wall again.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Give me a Jay Bouwmeester and let’s ride into the playoffs

Is it still 2014?

I'm not sure Bouwmeester at age 35, coming off a season where he missed almost 50 games due to injury, is an improvement over Moore for what both would be asked to do on this team.

Like a lot of guys, he's simply not the player he was several years ago. Doesn't mean he's garbage, but he really doesn't do much to improve the fortunes of the Bruins.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
That’s true. But why add to it?

They already have enough guys that are shifty and can score. What they need is a big assed forward with some hands to park in front of the net so I don’t have to watch a full season of them taking unscreened writers from the half wall again.

Rick Nash says that's not what we need more of.

Say what you want about him, he's probably the best net front prescence guy I've seen in a spoked B since Knuble.

We need people who have the talent to put the puck in the net, and not in the crest in a tight playoff game when you might only get a small handful of chances to score.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Is it still 2014?

I'm not sure Bouwmeester at age 35, coming off a season where he missed almost 50 games due to injury, is an improvement over Moore for what both would be asked to do on this team.

Like a lot of guys, he's simply not the player he was several years ago. Doesn't mean he's garbage, but he really doesn't do much to improve the fortunes of the Bruins.
I hope Moore is that. I don’t think the team needs anyone long term at the left D spot, I think a short term vet to hold them over until the kids take over is what’s needed. Hopefully Moore can fill that void.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Rick Nash says that's not what we need more of.

Say what you want about him, he's probably the best net front prescence guy I've seen in a spoked B since Knuble.

We need people who have the talent to put the puck in the net, and not in the crest in a tight playoff game when you might only get a small handful of chances to score.
My money is Rick Nash comes back at some point this season

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hope Moore is that. I don’t think the team needs anyone long term at the left D spot, I think a short term vet to hold them over until the kids take over is what’s needed. Hopefully Moore can fill that void.

I think Moore is exactly that.

Worst case, none of the young LD ever make it to the show, and he's young enough he should be able to fill a role on the left-side for the duration of his contract.

Best case, he gets supplanted by a young LD prospect, and he should be easily tradeable at that cap number (which isn't massive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad