Post-Game Talk: ALL ABOARD THE PLAYOFF BUS!!! Jets 3 - Wild 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Hartman was stupid enough to publicly say after the game that it was retaliation for Ehlers hitting Kaprizov right before Hartman hit Ehlers. Publicly admitting that it was a retaliatory play pretty much assures he gets suspended.
A retaliatory play for a completely clean muffin hit from Ehlers. What a POS.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Thanks for this. I see that the puck was nowhere near Kaprizov. Doesn't justify Hartman's hit, but it is just as much interference. Now if someone can find the Reave's hit we have something to go on.

Smarter people than I will need to pull a clip because I haven't seen one posted on social media sites. DeMelo knows Reaves is there but it's from behind and DeMelo was about 2 feet from the boards.

Also, I don't think the argument between Ehlers on Kaprizov and Hartman on Ehlers is whether it's interference or not. Ehlers finishes his hit after Kaprizov played the puck, Hartman steps into Ehlers ice without the puck anywhere in sight to hit Ehlers. Very different intentions.

Nov 24, 2006
Evason :

"We want to play hard, we want to play right, we don't want to play like that," he told reporters. "It's just s-- It's stupid at the end. Like what for? What for? Like play hard but, you know, if you wanna fight then fight. But all the cheap s-- stuff ... Our group will fight if they wanna fight."

Bowness :

"They all know what was going on, they saw what the coach was doing out there," he told reporters. "And our guys responded. And listen that's a tough job. You gotta stand up there and battle like that. So our players again, there's a good feeling in that room."
One of these guys is a moron. The other one is Bowness.

jokesondee

Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Evason :

"We want to play hard, we want to play right, we don't want to play like that," he told reporters. "It's just s-- It's stupid at the end. Like what for? What for? Like play hard but, you know, if you wanna fight then fight. But all the cheap s-- stuff ... Our group will fight if they wanna fight."

Bowness :

"They all know what was going on, they saw what the coach was doing out there," he told reporters. "And our guys responded. And listen that's a tough job. You gotta stand up there and battle like that. So our players again, there's a good feeling in that room."
What a clueless POS, not unlike his players. Youve got Marcus "knee you in the head after a fight" Foligno, Ryan "i drag my knuckles around the ice boarding people from behind and slashing sticks out of hands looking for fights" Reaves, and Ryan "intent to injure with a brutal retaliatory hit because you made a legal muffin hit on one of our players" Hartman. Yeah, and WERE the dirty cheap shot team?!?! Get *ucked. Theyve just jumped into the lead of the teams i despise the most.

jokesondee

Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Thanks for this. I see that the puck was nowhere near Kaprizov. Doesn't justify Hartman's hit, but it is just as much interference. Now if someone can find the Reave's hit we have something to go on.
Kaprizov had just passed the puck away atleast, Ehlers was nowhere near the puck and hadnt been for like 10 mississippis.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Smarter people than I will need to pull a clip because I haven't seen one posted on social media sites. DeMelo knows Reaves is there but it's from behind and DeMelo was about 2 feet from the boards.

Also, I don't think the argument between Ehlers on Kaprizov and Hartman on Ehlers is whether it's interference or not. Ehlers finishes his hit after Kaprizov played the puck, Hartman steps into Ehlers ice without the puck anywhere in sight to hit Ehlers. Very different intentions.
I can see where Jets fans are coming from. However, the puck was nowhere near Kaprizov when the hit took place, I can also see why the refs ignored it (as wrong as it may be) since Kaprizov didn't even go down on the hit. However I can also see what Hartman's defense is going to be. He will try to say that he thought Ehlers was going to try to hit him, since he had just touched the puck. It is a week argument, but it does have some merit.

To be truthfully honest, I am more interested in the Reaves hit because just over two weeks ago McDavid hit Anderson with a textbook hit from behind. Anderson was hurt on the play and didn't return to the game. Based on the rules, it should have been 5min and a game, but instead he only got 2min. The DoPS didn't even bother to look at it. Now the league has a situation where the Oilers are likely to face the Kings in the first round. If things get ugly and McDavid ends up injured it is on the DoPS.

At least with this situation the Wild and the Jets are not likely to face each other in the playoffs, so the NHL could be safe. But they really need to start being consistent.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I can see where Jets fans are coming from. However, the puck was nowhere near Kaprizov when the hit took place, I can also see why the refs ignored it (as wrong as it may be) since Kaprizov didn't even go down on the hit. However I can also see what Hartman's defense is going to be. He will try to say that he thought Ehlers was going to try to hit him, since he had just touched the puck. It is a week argument, but it does have some merit.

To be truthfully honest, I am more interested in the Reaves hit because just over two weeks ago McDavid hit Anderson with a textbook hit from behind. Anderson was hurt on the play and didn't return to the game. Based on the rules, it should have been 5min and a game, but instead he only got 2min. The DoPS didn't even bother to look at it. Now the league has a situation where the Oilers are likely to face the Kings in the first round. If things get ugly and McDavid ends up injured it is on the DoPS.

At least with this situation the Wild and the Jets are not likely to face each other in the playoffs, so the NHL could be safe. But they really need to start being consistent.

Hartman said after the game it was retaliation for the Ehlers hit on Kaprizov. He can't use the "I thought he was going to hit me!" defence. Even if he hadn't said that, you don't change your course to hit someone if you thought you were going to be hit and just "preparing for contact".

I don't think the Reaves hit was suspension worthy but it's one of those hits that teams will respond to. The Jets just waited until the game was won to do it.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Hartman said after the game it was retaliation for the Ehlers hit on Kaprizov. He can't use the "I thought he was going to hit me!" defence. Even if he hadn't said that, you don't change your course to hit someone if you thought you were going to be hit and just "preparing for contact".

I don't think the Reaves hit was suspension worthy but it's one of those hits that teams will respond to. The Jets just waited until the game was won to do it.
Don't get me wrong...I don't think Hartman's defense is going to work. But I can see that it does have some merit since he did touch the puck just before he adjusted his body to hit Ehlers.

• Haha
Reactions: hn777

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
After the game, Hartman said he took exception to a hit Ehlers threw on Kirill Kaprizov earlier in the shift

“Obviously last time we played them Kirill went down," Hartman said. "They seem to target him sometimes so sometimes you've got to make a statement.”

• Wow
Reactions: hn777

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Haven't read thru this whole thread, but I hope Ehlers is OK to go for the playoffs. I think he is, but I'm not sure ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad