Post-Game Talk: ALL ABOARD THE PLAYOFF BUS!!! Jets 3 - Wild 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Personally, I'd rather play against Edmonton. A team like Vegas will try to trap us to death and we've never really been all that good at overcoming that. Systems aside, it seems like a lot of our guys are always more motivated to play their best against guys like McDavid and Draisaitl. Pionk for example was a complete demon last series we played against Edmonton, and he always seems to step it up against them in our regular season games. I feel like if we could limit the opportunities those two guys create that Helle will give us the support we need to win that series since we'll get the offensive opportunities against Edmonton.
Pretty good counter argument!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Man...this is going to be a tough first round. It really would have been nice not to have dropped to a WC spot in the second half of the season.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Man...this is going to be a tough first round. It really would have been nice not to have dropped to a WC spot in the second half of the season.
Hopefully Edmonton or Vegas think we are a easy out because i have a feeling either team is going to have a tough time with us especially if Helly plays like last night.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg

Are Wild fans insane??!? You should see some of the comments about this. Here are a couple i still cant wrap my head around: "So Ehlers can go to try and hit him after he got rid of the puck? Can someone explain to me how Hartman is in trouble for not letting Ehlers tackle him? I’m actually curious, please no hate". And "What a joke. Ehlers delivered a late hit on Kaprizov and was trying to line up Hartman and ended up on the losing end of the hit. It should not have even been a penalty!".

Are these people smoking crack?!? They are bordering on Rider fan type lunacy. Like WTF?!?!?

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Are Wild fans insane??!? You should see some of the comments about this. Here are a couple i still cant wrap my head around: "So Ehlers can go to try and hit him after he got rid of the puck? Can someone explain to me how Hartman is in trouble for not letting Ehlers tackle him? I’m actually curious, please no hate". And "What a joke. Ehlers delivered a late hit on Kaprizov and was trying to line up Hartman and ended up on the losing end of the hit. It should not have even been a penalty!".

Are these people smoking crack?!? They are bordering on Rider fan type lunacy. Like WTF?!?!?
Fanatical blind homerism with clear and persistent bias.

Entitlement.

Arrogance.

Take your pick, any of the above works.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016

If someone only looks at the TV broadcast it looks a little like Ehlers did try to hit Hartman on this play. There is a fan video showing the whole ice that clearly shows Hartman step into Ehlers' path with intent. Hopefully the league has a view like that too.

Reactions: hn777

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I don't know how that hit is any better than the hit Scheifele got suspended 4 playoff games for. Scheifele "charged" (sort of), but towards a player who had the puck. Ehlers didn't have the puck, not even close, and the collision (totally unexpected in Ehlers' case) was a lot faster than Scheifele's.
The Scheifele hit was a hockey play. Evans had the puck on his stick right up to a few milliseconds before contact. Scheif was not 'charging', he was skating back to prevent a goal. I looked all over the rule book and no where does it say 'you may not back check fast and you may not skate back quickly if you may have to make contact with a player who is carrying the puck'. The suspension was ridiculous and was a response to the Montreal Karenians over the top and out of this world outrage machine that lit up the twittersphere and the interwebs like a celestial gamma-ray blast.

Ehlers was simply skating in open ice without the puck. It was a predatory, dangerous hit on a completely unsuspecting player. If you have the puck, you have a responsibility to expect contact at any time. If you are just skating in open ice no where near the puck, you should not have to anticipate being blindsided / lit up with a dirty, filthy, predatory hit.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
If someone only looks at the TV broadcast it looks a little like Ehlers did try to hit Hartman on this play. There is a fan video showing the whole ice that clearly shows Hartman step into Ehlers' path with intent. Hopefully the league has a view like that too.
Huh? They were travelling in the same direction, up ice towards the Jets zone. Hartman stopped, left the puck, and cranked the unsuspecting Ehlers. Yeah Ehlers was going to skate 3/4 of the ice and take a run at Hartman in our zone for no reason, give me a break. Ehlers was backchecking.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

Check out this post from their gdt

"I would say it's time to start actually targeting their stars next year when we first play them. Take a couple heads off, sit for some suspensions, but get them out of the way early in the year. Pretty tiring to have guys get injured every time we play these bozos."

It's so bizarre seeing posters advocate injuring the other team on purpose, and no one disagreed with the post that I saw. Plus completely miss the fact that someone on their team actually did that this game and will probably get suspended for it, which the Jets were retaliating.

HFJets is kind of weird sometimes, but at least nobody wants to see the team injure their opponents

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Huh? They were travelling in the same direction, up ice towards the Jets zone. Hartman stopped, left the puck, and cranked the unsuspecting Ehlers. Yeah Ehlers was going to skate 3/4 of the ice and take a run at Hartman in our zone for no reason, give me a break. Ehlers was backchecking.
Thanks for agreeing with me.

Reactions: hn777

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Instead of analyzing hits and debating penalties, I'll go against the grain and say what a great game that was. And for the first time in ages, I watched hockey in a bar with about a thousand people yelling.

I liked the way we defended in that first period and cleared away rebounds and secondary shots. And of course, that was the Wild's issue when we scored both of our goals from in close with pucks that hadn't gone where they were first intended. Lowry's shot was a nice reaction but Schief's reflex to knock that out of the air was purely beautiful. Perhaps the best part was the rest of the period where Minn piled it on and Helle held firm.

Second period was great to watch, or maybe it was the second burger, but we outshot them by a nice margin while still remembering defence. I hope all the Schief detractors noticed how often he was backchecking and breaking up plays.

The third period after the Wild goal was deliciously nerve-wracking, or maybe it was somebody pushing beer in front of me, and encapsulated everything I love about hockey. As I've demonstrated frequently, I know little about the game and strategies and line matchups and all that important stuff, I just love the excitement of fast hockey that gets the blood racing. And the third period was exquisitely exciting. After Reaves' boarding non-call, the game went downhill quickly but the last ugly minutes didn't erase how much I enjoyed the evening.

We are now in the playoffs and to honour the occasion, having showered and spouted my lack of knowledge here, I'm going to make some breakfast and work today from my kitchen table.

Can some more clever soul suggest who are most likely opponent will be and what the schedule might look like?

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Instead of analyzing hits and debating penalties, I'll go against the grain and say what a great game that was. And for the first time in ages, I watched hockey in a bar with about a thousand people yelling.

I liked the way we defended in that first period and cleared away rebounds and secondary shots. And of course, that was the Wild's issue when we scored both of our goals from in close with pucks that hadn't gone where they were first intended. Lowry's shot was a nice reaction but Schief's reflex to knock that out of the air was purely beautiful. Perhaps the best part was the rest of the period where Minn piled it on and Helle held firm.

Second period was great to watch, or maybe it was the second burger, but we outshot them by a nice margin while still remembering defence. I hope all the Schief detractors noticed how often he was backchecking and breaking up plays.

The third period after the Wild goal was deliciously nerve-wracking, or maybe it was somebody pushing beer in front of me, and encapsulated everything I love about hockey. As I've demonstrated frequently, I know little about the game and strategies and line matchups and all that important stuff, I just love the excitement of fast hockey that gets the blood racing. And the third period was exquisitely exciting. After Reaves' boarding non-call, the game went downhill quickly but the last ugly minutes didn't erase how much I enjoyed the evening.

We are now in the playoffs and to honour the occasion, having showered and spouted my lack of knowledge here, I'm
going to make some breakfast and work today from my kitchen table.

Can some more clever soul suggest who are most likely opponent will be and what the schedule might look like?

Opponent is either Vegas or Edmonton, I expect it to start early next week.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

We are now in the playoffs and to honour the occasion, having showered and spouted my lack of knowledge here, I'm
going to make some breakfast and work today from my kitchen table.

Someone earlier suggested the first playoff day is April 17. So if that's true we either start that day or the next one and will likely play every second day until that series ends.

As far as who we play, it will most likely be Vegas but could be Edmonton depending on how the last games of the season play out.

Reactions: hn777 and Inanna

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Do u rest some guys against Colorado?
I'd manage minutes but this Jets team has been a fragile bunch. A big loss to end the season could set the team on the wrong path for the playoffs. If our second half had gone differently then it would be a different story. That being said I assume some guys are playing hurt so I would expect a couple of guys to sit for that reason.

I don’t think anybody saw the move of Scheifele from centre to wing coming. But it’s looking like a stroke of genius right now.
We found our #1 RW in the most unlikely of places...

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I'd manage minutes but this Jets team has been a fragile bunch. A big loss to end the season could set the team on the wrong path for the playoffs. If our second half had gone differently then it would be a different story. That being said I assume some guys are playing hurt so I would expect a couple of guys to sit for that reason.
You don't want to end the season with a loss, but some of the guys do need a rest.
I think as long as we make a good effort on Thurs and play like the way we've shown we can these past few games, that's more important than weather we win or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad