Post-Game Talk: ALL ABOARD THE PLAYOFF BUS!!! Jets 3 - Wild 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You don't want to end the season with a loss, but some of the guys do need a rest.
I think as long as we make a good effort on Thurs and play like the way we've shown we can these past few games, that's more important than weather we win or not.
I think there are many good arguments to be made to sit our stars:

Rest
Injury recovery
Protection from injury
Give our bench guys some game action

I would only rest Connor if he is nursing something. He's just still not right, and maybe if he's 'the guy' against the Avs he might score a couple and start getting back into a groove.

I'm excited as I feel like we have a bunch of playoff experienced performers:

Namestnikov, Neiderraiter, Dillon, Schmidt, Dubois

Then we have guys who I feel will really up their games in the playoffs:

Scheifele, Lowry, Pionk

Finally, we have guys who just have to keep doing their thang:

Morrissey, Hellebuyck.

For me, the big question mark is Connor and Ehlers. We NEED them to be great in the postseason if we really want to go on a run

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think there are many good arguments to be made to sit our stars:

Rest
Injury recovery
Protection from injury
Give our bench guys some game action

I would only rest Connor if he is nursing something. He's just still not right, and maybe if he's 'the guy' against the Avs he might score a couple and start getting back into a groove.

I'm excited as I feel like we have a bunch of playoff experienced performers:

Namestnikov, Neiderraiter, Dillon, Schmidt, Dubois

Then we have guys who I feel will really up their games in the playoffs:

Scheifele, Lowry, Pionk

Finally, we have guys who just have to keep doing their thang:

Morrissey, Hellebuyck.

For me, the big question mark is Connor and Ehlers. We NEED them to be great in the postseason if we really want to go on a run

Ehlers needs to finally step up in the playoffs and have a good offensive showing. Conner I expect to do what he normally does in th3bpost season and be around a ppg.

Reactions: Jet and Inanna

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Oof. Trapped to death by Vegas or scored on relentlessly by McDavid and Draisaitl.

Hopefully Bowness finds the switch and flips it. We need the pre All Star Game Jets to be playing either of these teams.
Didn't we take 3 out of 4 games against Edmonton this year? And I think we pumped in 6 or 7 goals against the Oilers just last month.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Check out this post from their gdt

"I would say it's time to start actually targeting their stars next year when we first play them. Take a couple heads off, sit for some suspensions, but get them out of the way early in the year. Pretty tiring to have guys get injured every time we play these bozos."

It's so bizarre seeing posters advocate injuring the other team on purpose, and no one disagreed with the post that I saw. Plus completely miss the fact that someone on their team actually did that this game and will probably get suspended for it, which the Jets were retaliating.

HFJets is kind of weird sometimes, but at least nobody wants to see the team injure their opponents
I think as fans though we kind of shrug it off if our team deliberately does hurt anyone? The Stanley tackling of Kaprizov I can understand pissing off a lot of people in Minnesota. That's their biggest star. I remember an angry Buff completely destroying Erik Haula I think it was, on the boards, knocked him out for weeks, he hit him so hard. I also remember Luke Kunin elbowing Bryan Little in the head in preseason. So it's a continuation. I think this rivalry is maybe a little more intense with the Minnesota mafia playing in Winnipeg, and Minnesota having that Manitoba connection. Probably our most heated rival in the NHL now. Last night's game will only amp it up for next season. I think it's only officially a bad blood rivalry when DoPS is in your building watching it.

I like that the Minnesota born Jets seemed to relish this game. From a personal and playing standpoint.

Didn't we take 3 out of 4 games against Edmonton this year? And I think we pumped in 6 or 7 goals against the Oilers just last month.
2 of 3. New Year's eve road victory is the difference between the home and away series, which saw both teams dominate.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Instead of analyzing hits and debating penalties, I'll go against the grain and say what a great game that was. And for the first time in ages, I watched hockey in a bar with about a thousand people yelling.
Watching hockey in a bar is a unique experience. Haven't done it for years but after your knees go its a good way to capture the loud crowd at the rink feeling. Plus when you cab it home you leave behind all the mess that you'd get inviting friends over see the game.
Maybe 1,000 guys is a bit of exaggeration?

Reactions: Inanna

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Please don't use facts to derail the false narrative that I've worked hard to create.

Edit - I checked, we are 2-1 against the Oilers this year, with each team scoring 12 goals.
LOL. I checked while you were checking.

We beat the Oilers 7-5 on March 4.

So like that Carrey gif that someone keeps posting: "So you're saying I have a chance?"

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Anywhere to see highlights of all the chippy/physical exchanges between the team last night? SN/NHL conveniently leave all the heated stuff out of the highlight packages, as if that wasn't a captivating part of the game.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Anywhere to see highlights of all the chippy/physical exchanges between the team last night? SN/NHL conveniently leave all the heated stuff out of the highlight packages, as if that wasn't a captivating part of the game.
Good for them. It shouldn't be part of hockey anyway.

PS: I'll bet that HFWild has all the video details.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I'm not a fan of either team. However, if the hit from Reaves on Demelo is so bad, how come I just went through 14 pages here and no one has posted it? I want to see what the Jets are referring to as the cause of all of the excitement in this game. I would also like to see the hit by Ehlers on Kaprizov. As an impartial observer, it is hard to assess this situation without any video.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not a fan of either team. However, if the hit from Reaves on Demelo is so bad, how come I just went through 14 pages here and no one has posted it? I want to see what the Jets are referring to as the cause of all of the excitement in this game. I would also like to see the hit by Ehlers on Kaprizov. As an impartial observer, it is hard to assess this situation without any video.

The hit on Kaprizov is at the beginning of the video of Hartman's hit on Ehlers. It's basically a weak one armed shove that doesn't even knock the Wild's player down.

Reactions: snowkiddin

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Evason :

"We want to play hard, we want to play right, we don't want to play like that," he told reporters. "It's just s-- It's stupid at the end. Like what for? What for? Like play hard but, you know, if you wanna fight then fight. But all the cheap s-- stuff ... Our group will fight if they wanna fight."

Bowness :

"They all know what was going on, they saw what the coach was doing out there," he told reporters. "And our guys responded. And listen that's a tough job. You gotta stand up there and battle like that. So our players again, there's a good feeling in that room."

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Reactions: hn777

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Watching hockey in a bar is a unique experience. Haven't done it for years but after your knees go its a good way to capture the loud crowd at the rink feeling. Plus when you cab it home you leave behind all the mess that you'd get inviting friends over see the game.
Maybe 1,000 guys is a bit of exaggeration?
Try watching the game in a bar wearing hearing aids and see what number you get.

You're right about the at-the-rink feeling. You can feel the energy surge throughout the place (the beer helps) and it becomes absolutely electric at times. I've watched the past month's games alone and on a laptop so you can imagine the sensory overload of giant screens and noise all over the place. The hockey especially in the second was so fast and exciting that it was physically stimulating and the second Jets' goal flooded the bar with testosterone. One girl was yelling so loud that it was embarrassing to realize it was me.

It's so exciting to be in the playoffs (remembering that I was a Canucks fan until last summer) and I'm really looking forward to next week!

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Check out this post from their gdt

"I would say it's time to start actually targeting their stars next year when we first play them. Take a couple heads off, sit for some suspensions, but get them out of the way early in the year. Pretty tiring to have guys get injured every time we play these bozos."

It's so bizarre seeing posters advocate injuring the other team on purpose, and no one disagreed with the post that I saw. Plus completely miss the fact that someone on their team actually did that this game and will probably get suspended for it, which the Jets were retaliating.

HFJets is kind of weird sometimes, but at least nobody wants to see the team injure their opponents
Except that many people here called for exactly that and then praised Pionk for doing it.

Reactions: Nolan Giesbrecht

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That was a fun game to watch. Helle and Lowry were outstanding.

I'm not a big fan of fighting in hockey. I wish it wasn't necessary. But sometimes it still is. Kudos to Dillon and Lowry for stepping up at one of those times.

Reactions: thereturn and hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad