Post-Game Talk: ALL ABOARD THE PLAYOFF BUS!!! Jets 3 - Wild 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Anywhere to see highlights of all the chippy/physical exchanges between the team last night? SN/NHL conveniently leave all the heated stuff out of the highlight packages, as if that wasn't a captivating part of the game.

From TSN

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Also Ehlers had no reason to expect contact, he wasn't going to hit Hartman he was just coming back.
Yup, if you watch the replay Ehlers isn't even looking at Hartman, he's looking at the puck and coming back to defend. Just a dirty little weasel play and when Dillon said enough is enough in front of our net Hartman turtled like a weasel would.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
I can see where Jets fans are coming from. However, the puck was nowhere near Kaprizov when the hit took place, I can also see why the refs ignored it (as wrong as it may be) since Kaprizov didn't even go down on the hit. However I can also see what Hartman's defense is going to be. He will try to say that he thought Ehlers was going to try to hit him, since he had just touched the puck. It is a week argument, but it does have some merit.

To be truthfully honest, I am more interested in the Reaves hit because just over two weeks ago McDavid hit Anderson with a textbook hit from behind. Anderson was hurt on the play and didn't return to the game. Based on the rules, it should have been 5min and a game, but instead he only got 2min. The DoPS didn't even bother to look at it. Now the league has a situation where the Oilers are likely to face the Kings in the first round. If things get ugly and McDavid ends up injured it is on the DoPS.

At least with this situation the Wild and the Jets are not likely to face each other in the playoffs, so the NHL could be safe. But they really need to start being consistent.
Come on, if you can't see the difference between Ehlers bumping into Kaprizov (and vice versa) shoulder against shoulder, and Hartman hitting Ehlers front first, while skating unexpectedly, I don't know what to tell you.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
What a clueless POS, not unlike his players. Youve got Marcus "knee you in the head after a fight" Foligno, Ryan "i drag my knuckles around the ice boarding people from behind and slashing sticks out of hands looking for fights" Reaves, and Ryan "intent to injure with a brutal retaliatory hit because you made a legal muffin hit on one of our players" Hartman. Yeah, and WERE the dirty cheap shot team?!?! Get *ucked. Theyve just jumped into the lead of the teams i despise the most.

Yep.

Somewhere back in the mists of time I posed a gentle rant about how and why I loathed the Wild.

I stand by that rant.

Also, great effort by a team that looks to be finally coming together at the right time. At the very least they should be a tough out for a good team, and hopefully can make some genuine noise.

Great to be back in the show.

Moar switch plz.

1681325322241.png

1681325359114.png

1681325377878.png

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That's an old myth about Ehlers. While not producing in the first two playoffs, he has been arguably our best skater in the last two (including play inns vs Calgary).

I'm talking purely about production. He hasn't produced as of yet. We are going to need him to if we go on a run.

Reactions: Inanna

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I can see where Jets fans are coming from. However, the puck was nowhere near Kaprizov when the hit took place, I can also see why the refs ignored it (as wrong as it may be) since Kaprizov didn't even go down on the hit. However I can also see what Hartman's defense is going to be. He will try to say that he thought Ehlers was going to try to hit him, since he had just touched the puck. It is a week argument, but it does have some merit.

To be truthfully honest, I am more interested in the Reaves hit because just over two weeks ago McDavid hit Anderson with a textbook hit from behind. Anderson was hurt on the play and didn't return to the game. Based on the rules, it should have been 5min and a game, but instead he only got 2min. The DoPS didn't even bother to look at it. Now the league has a situation where the Oilers are likely to face the Kings in the first round. If things get ugly and McDavid ends up injured it is on the DoPS.

At least with this situation the Wild and the Jets are not likely to face each other in the playoffs, so the NHL could be safe. But they really need to start being consistent.
This was deemed no penalty, the refs were horrible, how is this not a penalty?????

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
I'm talking purely about production. He hasn't produced as of yet. We are going to need him to if we go on a run.
4 goals (including OT GWG against Oilers) in the last 10 PO games (while not playing PP1 under Maurice) is fine with me. I am much more worried about KC. He is playing scared out there and shying away from any contact, rather handing the puck over.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The DeMelo hit by Reaves should been called for boarding
That is textbox hitting the guys jersey numbers into the boards
Im surprised DeMelo got up right away
Refs lost all sense of control in that game
Reeves even leaves his feet on the hit, 2 refs and neither deemed that even worthy of 2 minutes, just awful officiating .

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
After the game, Hartman said he took exception to a hit Ehlers threw on Kirill Kaprizov earlier in the shift

“Obviously last time we played them Kirill went down," Hartman said. "They seem to target him sometimes so sometimes you've got to make a statement.”
Wait … people actually believe Stanley’s awkward fall was intentional?

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad