Post-Game Talk: ALL ABOARD THE PLAYOFF BUS!!! Jets 3 - Wild 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Also, don't worry about that $10 I lit on fire last night, because I'll be going to a much bigger pay window soon :) Got this at the start of the year and yeah, we're a dark horse, but I think we're better than a 1-in-61 dark horse, given that we're going into it 30-to-1.

I especially like how making the finals will pay for the party I'll need to celebrate while they win the finals :)

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 3.01.58 PM.png

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hartman was stupid enough to publicly say after the game that it was retaliation for Ehlers hitting Kaprizov right before Hartman hit Ehlers. Publicly admitting that it was a retaliatory play pretty much assures he gets suspended.

You would hope so, especially considering it was a clean hit by Ehlers on Kaprizov.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What a clueless POS, not unlike his players. Youve got Marcus "knee you in the head after a fight" Foligno, Ryan "i drag my knuckles around the ice boarding people from behind and slashing sticks out of hands looking for fights" Reaves, and Ryan "intent to injure with a brutal retaliatory hit because you made a legal muffin hit on one of our players" Hartman. Yeah, and WERE the dirty cheap shot team?!?! Get *ucked. Theyve just jumped into the lead of the teams i despise the most.

Its all in the cause of creating a regional rivalry. :laugh:

Reactions: jetsforever

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Watching hockey in a bar is a unique experience. Haven't done it for years but after your knees go its a good way to capture the loud crowd at the rink feeling. Plus when you cab it home you leave behind all the mess that you'd get inviting friends over see the game.
Maybe 1,000 guys is a bit of exaggeration?

Not sure if I ever shared this story before, but I had a pretty great hockey bar experience once. I was in Cambodia, in a city called Siem Reap, en route to one of the coolest ancient ruins in the world called Ankor Wat. It was night time, and Canada was playing the U.S. for the Olympic gold medal. I was wandering around from bar to bar trying to find someone who was playing the game. But nobody was, because it's Cambodia and nobody gives a f*** about hockey.

So I found one particularly rowdy place with a TV, told the bartender that I'd buy the entire staff drinks if they turned on the game. They did. Suddenly Canadians and Americans (all who were presumably doing the same thing I was, looking for the game) started pouring in. Was maybe 30 of us in total. Lots of friendly rivalry and trash talk between us throughout the game. Canada won.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
They werent going to suspend him for playoff games. May have gotten 2 games if it was regular season.
Chef got 4 playoff games for a debatable hit on Evans with no real history over 500 games (at the time)
Hartman, history of shitty behavior and bad hits over the same sample size of 500 games gets 1 game.

NHL player safety is a meme unto itself.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Chef got 4 playoff games for a debatable hit on Evans with no real history over 500 games (at the time)
Hartman, history of shitty behavior and bad hits over the same sample size of 500 games gets 1 game.

NHL player safety is a meme unto itself.
Different scenarios as that hit took place in the playoffs and Evans had to be stretchered off

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Why? what did Sawyer say? (I never listen to him :laugh:)

Not sure exactly what was being referred to, but Sawyer said the Jets had to answer back for the hit on Demelo and Ehlers. Called those hits dangerous or dirty or maybe both. Said the refs sucked (paraphrazing).

This is near blasphemy around here, but Sawyer has grown on me a lot. He is no longer a fan boy, and critiques the Jets all the time. I think he does pretty decent colour commentary on the action of the game. And has a natural ease at broadcasting. I wouldn't have said this a few years ago.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not sure exactly what was being referred to, but Sawyer said the Jets had to answer back for the hit on Demelo and Ehlers. Called those hits dangerous or dirty or maybe both. Said the refs sucked (paraphrazing).

This is near blasphemy around here, but Sawyer has grown on me a lot. He is no longer a fan boy, and critiques the Jets all the time. I think he does pretty decent colour commentary on the action of the game. And has a natural ease at broadcasting. I wouldn't have said this a few years ago.

The thing that bothers me about Sawyer is that he will blather on with some long winded story during play. I want to be hearing the pxp at those times. Sometimes his stories might be good, other times they seem pointless to me. But he should be saving them for between whistles or between periods.

If I listen to him it is distracting. Might be an age thing but I am easily distracted. I have taken to turning the volume down to where I can barely hear anything at all. Just not dead silence. Occasionally I turn it up if I am hoping to have something explained. I have found I enjoy the game more this way.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
The thing that bothers me about Sawyer is that he will blather on with some long winded story during play. I want to be hearing the pxp at those times. Sometimes his stories might be good, other times they seem pointless to me. But he should be saving them for between whistles or between periods.

If I listen to him it is distracting. Might be an age thing but I am easily distracted. I have taken to turning the volume down to where I can barely hear anything at all. Just not dead silence. Occasionally I turn it up if I am hoping to have something explained. I have found I enjoy the game more this way.
They have to get him to use fewer words and not try to turn every single observation into a miniature toastmaster club speech.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
NHL chickens out and gives him one game. Sad.

So, let’s review: Scheifele hits Evans when Evans has the puck and is trying to score; Scheifele is trying to prevent the goal: four playoff games. Hartman hits Ehlers without the puck when Ehlers is back checking; Hartman admits to seeking retaliation: one regular season game.

Makes a ton of sense, doesn’t it?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So, let’s review: Scheifele hits Evans when Evans has the puck and is trying to score; Scheifele is trying to prevent the goal: four playoff games. Hartman hits Ehlers without the puck when Ehlers is back checking; Hartman admits to seeking retaliation: one regular season game.

I swear they juat spin a wheel on each of these determining the punishment.

"Bob from video, your the next contest on chose the punishment"

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Yep.

Somewhere back in the mists of time I posed a gentle rant about how and why I loathed the Wild.

I stand by that rant.

Also, great effort by a team that looks to be finally coming together at the right time. At the very least they should be a tough out for a good team, and hopefully can make some genuine noise.

Great to be back in the show.

Moar switch plz.

View attachment 686788
View attachment 686790
View attachment 686791

Switch engaged!
funny_toilet_for_men_sign_black_and_white_vector_light_switch_cover-r9e32deb8acbf4d2e991e4773921bc45e_i988k_8byvr_736.webp

people-having-sex-on-your-outlet-cover-decal-9850.jpg

il_570xN.2886649972_iqg5.jpg

han-solo-light-switch-1.jpg

Apparently Carbonite causes shrinkage...

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
So the Wild don't like it when Kaprizov gets hit, well then put that in the memory bank.
So they don’t like when Kaprizov gets hit (cleanly), they hold a grudge against the Jets even though Stanley who hit him isn’t playing, and proceed to cheap shot all of our star players. Don’t forget about the dangerous Reeves hit on Sheifele by the bench or when he mugged Nino.

Somehow the clown gets away with it all the time or they’ll take both.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
So they don’t like when Kaprizov gets hit (cleanly), they hold a grudge against the Jets even though Stanley who hit him isn’t playing, and proceed to cheap shot all of our star players. Don’t forget about the dangerous Reeves hit on Sheifele by the bench or when he mugged Nino.

Somehow the clown gets away with it all the time or they’ll take both.
Someone already said it, next year bring up Bauer the first game against the Mild.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

I mean Scheifele's was probably longer than it should have been but I would still say it was worse than this one

Reactions: buggs

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Not sure if I ever shared this story before, but I had a pretty great hockey bar experience once. I was in Cambodia, in a city called Siem Reap, en route to one of the coolest ancient ruins in the world called Ankor Wat. It was night time, and Canada was playing the U.S. for the Olympic gold medal. I was wandering around from bar to bar trying to find someone who was playing the game. But nobody was, because it's Cambodia and nobody gives a f*** about hockey.

So I found one particularly rowdy place with a TV, told the bartender that I'd buy the entire staff drinks if they turned on the game. They did. Suddenly Canadians and Americans (all who were presumably doing the same thing I was, looking for the game) started pouring in. Was maybe 30 of us in total. Lots of friendly rivalry and trash talk between us throughout the game. Canada won.
Fabulous story, thanks. I hope the bar staff recognized that you probably doubled their sales for that evening.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Little Evanson is mad beacause the Mild got beat playing the game of hockey, fighting in the alley, out coached and out goalied by a country mile. Boo hoo hoo you little piece of dogshite.

I'd like to meet them in the playoffs and send them home in 5 games again...the never do anything loser franchise.

Hartman showed what this franchise is all about with the dirty hits and then getting trounced while doing a little bit of turtling. If I'm Dillon, Hartman wakes up with a very swollen, very sore face today. Piece of shite.

I want to meet them in these playoffs...we beat fack Vegas, we sweep the Coilers and then send Minny packing as well and Alphalackey gets a payout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad