Post-Game Talk: All aboard the Persson hype train

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Persson is like found money.

Even if he has a fairly average year and turns into just a decent #5 dman with some offense in his game (that can likely help on the PP at a minimum)... that kind of player acquired for "free" and with a cap hit of $1 million is excellent value.

Anything better than that... which would be essentially a fully developed top 4 dman that could slot nicely into that #4 spot... is invaluable... and likely would be one of the best if not THE best value contract in the league at $1 million.

Reactions: dustrock

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I like this RNH Neal combo finding ways to get it done. No amount of NHL coaching is gonna bring hands or scoring touch. 20+ goals for James Neal. I want it for him and for the boys. Everyone loves a comeback. Plan the parade boys.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Persson looked like an NHL player. Need to see the pace pick up. But at worst he's an AHL all star who will have no issues fitting in as no. 6/7. Jones didn't stand out. The depth on D in general might expedite a trade and I don't think Russell or Benning will be on the team next year. Could also see Larsson gone in the next few seasons (could even see him being exposed to Seattle). For this season, I think Klefbom, Nurse, Larsson, Persson, Russell, Benning and Jones/Lagesson/Bear will be the top 7 to start. Benning might be no.7 to begin the year.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I’m in Boston so I had to watch on my phone. Really liked Neal and Nuge. Gotta agree with ya that Chaisson would look good there. Hard to do a good evaluation when I’m watching something on a 3 x 5 screen .

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Lol I had to take a look. A few of them who troll our AtL threads are complaining they get infracted for it.

The guy who trashed our mods is one of the dullest posters on this forum.

Like one of the guys was even cool about it, pointing out they (their board and that cesspool they call CP) do something way more petty.

The guy who trashed our mods seems a little ... slow

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Neal proved he is still the Real Deal.

I’m aboard the Perrson train and bought a first class ticket, train whistle and conductor hat, this kid is a Heck of a player boys, so nice to find a gem for once.

Feral Pine Marten looked some of the most determined I’ve seen from him.

If they can continue this play into the season we are going to be drinking a lot of beers let into the spring boys.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I’m not putting any stock into preseason. Zip, Zilch, Nada. I remember the likes of Lander, Rattie, etc dominating in preseason and then being completely non existential during the season

Oh man...that's some deep **** right there. I Nietzsche spend some quiet time with that.

Reactions: ujju2 and TB12

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
After watching the post-game interview with Persson, it's clear he has no problem with taking some risks to create on the ice.

*paraphrasing*

NHL Scribe: The NHL is harder than Europe, here you need to make 10 ft passes instead of 60 ft passes

Persson: Sometimes you need to make a pass through skates and sticks. Don't be afraid of it.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
How many games have you seen him play? When it actually meant something? When teams went with their top guys?

It was one game and after seeing him play games in the CHL and SHL? I am preaching caution for a reason

What's going to be the thing he does that gets him press boxed or sent to the minors?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
How many games have you seen him play? When it actually meant something? When teams went with their top guys?

It was one game and after seeing him play games in the CHL and SHL? I am preaching caution for a reason
I get that you have Raab like issue with this player, but no one is anointing him as some kind of saviour, we're seeing a player, a rookie, who a strong first showing in an NHLish game.

You compare him, derisively, to MAB, the only thing that appears to be similar is the physical stature, because Bergeron's problem was hockey sense, he just didn't have any. The guy I watched last night, has hockey sense and can read the play correctly.

I'm not sure why you seem to want him to fail, but I, atleast, am happy he had a solid showing and I expect him to show more good things.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Personally I would keep Perrson, Lagesson, Bouchard and Jones over Benning at this point.

Logan Day might be another darkhorse!

Unless if Benning shows something in the next few games I could see Holland moving him or sending him down

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I watched the highlights and saw some brilliant plays. Looks like the team is stepping up and trying to make an identity away from Draisaitl and McDavid. I love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad