Alexis Lafreniere disappointing season start? PART 2

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
My take as a hockey fan first and an Islander fan second. Ranger fans, step back from the cliff and relax. It's a weird year and Laff will be fine. I think Ranger fans are extra sensitive as Kakko didn't come out of the gate on fire and their cross town rivals pick last year (Hughes) showed some stark improvement.

Bottom line- the Rangers over achieved last year and expectations were high and you got blue balled- No one saw the Panarin situation coming, Trouba hurt, goaltending coming back to earth, and Zib going stone cold. Your time will come, but it's not this year. The pipeline and future looks solid and that worries me!

Reactions: haveandare

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I honestly question whether or not you have even seen him play.
I’ve watched nearly every Rangers game. I’m critical of him because he’s a first overall pick. He deserves criticism. That’s what first overall picks have to deal with. And yes Sunday he was invisible. Friday he was actually pretty good. I won’t say he was great because he wasn’t. He was pretty good. But yesterday he was not good at all. I still think he will end up a first line winger but he’s definitely not going to be a ball of fame guy like I originally thought. He just isn’t as good as I thought. Nothing to get angry about.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My take as a hockey fan first and an Islander fan second. Ranger fans, step back from the cliff and relax. It's a weird year and Laff will be fine. I think Ranger fans are extra sensitive as Kakko didn't come out of the gate on fire and their cross town rivals pick last year (Hughes) showed some stark improvement.

Bottom line- the Rangers over achieved last year and expectations were high and you got blue balled- No one saw the Panarin situation coming, Trouba hurt, goaltending coming back to earth, and Zib going stone cold. Your time will come, but it's not this year. The pipeline and future looks solid and that worries me!

One slight correction, our goaltending has been good.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I could have scored the goal he scored tonight haha. But anyone calling him a bust at this point is straight brain dead.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Yakupov scored 17 goals his first season and got 31 points in 48 games. 4 point in 5 games isn't that impressive for a 1st overall
The point is people were calling him a bust off such a small sample size and how his production has increased ten fold in a small sample size so now he must be destined for greatness huh

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
His goal tonight will only look good on the scoresheet
I do not know what game you are watching. I saw him rush the puck through 4 guys circle the net pulling the goalie out and then putting it in to the empty net. Really cool goal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad