Waived: Alexei Marchenko (Claimed by Toronto)

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Andrei is doing very well in Muskegon with the Lumberjacks this season. He is 7th in the USHL in scoring (1st among rookies) with 19 goals, 17 assists for 36 points and a +17 in 30 games so far. Be interesting to see where he ends up in the upcoming draft.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Andrei is doing very well in Muskegon with the Lumberjacks this season. He is 7th in the USHL in scoring (1st among rookies) with 19 goals, 17 assists for 36 points and a +17 in 30 games so far. Be interesting to see where he ends up in the upcoming draft.

He's not draft eligible until next season.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Agree. Health is always the most critical thing for the guys nearest the water line. Marchenko wasn't a skilled guy and didn't bring a specialty to speak of. He had very little margin for error or decline, and getting injured eats it all up.
It's no coincidence either, guy has a terrible ability to protect himself. Puts himself in very vulnerable positions along the boards and ends up crushed. It's one of those underrated abilities in a player.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Looking like a sure fire top 3 pick for the 2018 draft, although it's early still.

As much as I'd love to have the Svechnikov brothers both in Detroit, Andrei is a pure winger and I think center and defenseman are a far greater need at the moment. Next year should have several options for defenseman in the top 5 and top 10.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
The sky is gonna fall just like when we lost Nestrasil or Pulkkinen.

Those guys are now thriwing in other organizations and Wings are TOP3 worst in the league. :sarcasm:

You forgot Ferraro. Remember when he went to Boston and scored a few goals and Holland let him go for nothing??????

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I would be ecstatic if we could have the Svechnikov brothers together for the next decade in a couple years.

It's the thing I want most in the world out of the 2018 draft, well other than getting both Patrick and Dahlin. If we could get Hisch or Lilje and Lil Svech my life would be complete. A "the Brothers Svechnikov" line would be amazing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It's the thing I want most in the world out of the 2018 draft, well other than getting both Patrick and Dahlin. If we could get Hish or Lilje and Lil Svech my life would be complete. A "the Brothers Svechnikov" line would be amazing.

If we got Hischier or Liljegren alone I'd be over the moon.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If we got Hischier or Liljegren alone I'd be over the moon.

The Isle game was actually exciting and it was good to see Pete play well last night, but man winning those two games was not ideal for getting one of those two.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The Isle game was actually exciting and it was good to see Pete play well last night, but man winning those two games was not ideal for getting one of those two.
Yeah, but they're still only 1 point better than 28th, and now the nasty part of the schedule begins.

Between now and the deadline, either this proverbial fire will harden the iron, or melt it altogether.

Or half the league will continue to float around .500 hockey. It's a bizarre year. :D

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yeah, but they're still only 1 point better than 28th, and now the nasty part of the schedule begins.

Between now and the deadline, either this proverbial fire will harden the iron, or melt it altogether.

Or half the league will continue to float around .500 hockey. It's a bizarre year. :D

But what if Pete gets some confidence and steals more games. It could mean a 10-14 pick.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Having both of those brothers would just be fire.. Wonder if Andrei indeed goes to the CHL next season. If you have those two on the wings you likely don't need a top tier centre, like Panarin and Kane with Anismov. Morrison was really good but Bertuzzi and Naslund ran that line. etc, etc.

Svech-Nielsen-Svech
Tatar-Larkin-Mantha
Zetterberg-AA-Nyquist
Bertuzzi-Glendening-Abdelkader

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
But what if Pete gets some confidence and steals more games. It could mean a 10-14 pick.

Liljegren is dropping in some of the rankings. I really don't expect him to fall this low, but you never know. It has happened before with D who have fallen a bunch on draft day. Fowler, Chychrun and Kylington are some just off the top of my head that dropped a bunch.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Having Pete play to his potential (especially if he can do so on a consistent basis) is far more valuable to this team's rebuild than any realistic drop in draft position resulting from his improved performance.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Having Pete play to his potential (especially if he can do so on a consistent basis) is far more valuable to this team's rebuild than any realistic drop in draft position resulting from his improved performance.

Also, it makes it easier to try to move Howard at some point. The Wings aren't going to try tanking, so I can't imagine there was a chance they'd move Howard if Mrazek continued to look weak.

Or, if you buy into the Mrazek is on the outs story, it makes Petr easier to move for greater value.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

It was tongue in cheek.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'm happy someone else picked up Marchenko and he didn't end up in GR. Hope he's happier in Toronto.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I have a feeling Liljegren is going to fall out of the range where the Redwings will feel the need to pick BPA. For example if Liljegren ultimately ranks 8 or 10 and wings pick 3 or 4 I think its unlikely they pick Liljegren as much as I think they should.

Hopefully Vanek or Green can net a decent first rounder maybe the wings can get 2 picks and try to get a C and a D. I am just hearing that for D the fall off after Liljegren is pretty significant so I doubt he is on the board after say 10.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have a feeling Liljegren is going to fall out of the range where the Redwings will feel the need to pick BPA. For example if Liljegren ultimately ranks 8 or 10 and wings pick 3 or 4 I think its unlikely they pick Liljegren as much as I think they should.

Hopefully Vanek or Green can net a decent first rounder maybe the wings can get 2 picks and try to get a C and a D. I am just hearing that for D the fall off after Liljegren is pretty significant so I doubt he is on the board after say 10.

It's very unlikely we draft at 3 or 4, so him falling to 8-10 would be ideal.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Sad we couldn't get anything for him but being capped out really guts the DRW when you basically have to go dollar for dollar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad