Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
We will have to forget it soon. Is it a mistake today? Yeah. But back in the days. 80% of people here and around me were happy to see jo drouin coming here. He been a really good player beside kucherov past playoffs. We missed offensive skill against rangers. We wanted to win now. Probably Bergevin learned about it. But this trade is no where close to mcdonagh/gomez. Sergachev is not hedman and will never be. Even with sergachev the last few years. We would sucks. So yeah. He been developping well on a good team but he would not to be a game changer for us even if we had him
True. Development is critical, especially for a raw talent like Sergachev. He's played hockey for what, 10 years? Tampa can afford to be patient and generous. The kid might have busted hard in Montreal.

Reactions: Hins77

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Did you see guys Romanov how sometimes he put his skates 10 to 2.

Like Crosby and Skinner for exemple he is able to move fast on one side with no space.

He is a tremendous skater.

Crosby is a lot slower now but in my view he was one of the best skater in the world in his prime because of his mobility with his feet...Quick direction changes..etc..

Romanov is a fabulous skater as well

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
He's a very heady and involved player for sure. I like how he's not afraid to shoot and seems effective at getting the puck to the net from the blueline. Hopefully Julien will allow him to play his game and take risks here and there. He has gotten himself out of position at times, but that's part of the learning curve.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
He seems like a great skater 3v3, yesterday in overtime he effortlessly rushed around one of the Canucks players creating a 2v1 chance

Reactions: jaffy27

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

This mans cardiovascular ability is insane. INSANE.

Did you see guys Romanov how sometimes he put his skates 10 to 2.

Like Crosby and Skinner for exemple he is able to move fast on one side with no space.

He is a tremendous skater.

Crosby is a lot slower now but in my view he was one of the best skater in the world in his prime because of his mobility with his feet...Quick direction changes..etc..

Romanov is a fabulous skater as well

crosbymove.gif

I could watch this all day

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
It's crazy how he looks so much bigger out there than his actual height. I can't believe this is the guy that is gonna make me get a jersey.

How tall do you think he is - 5'7"?

He's 6'0", 208 lbs. He looks about 6'0", 208 lbs.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
How tall do you think he is - 5'7"?

He's 6'0", 208 lbs. He looks about 6'0", 208 lbs.
He plays bigger than that. When I first saw him at the juniors I assumed he was like 6'2 or something and I remember being surprised they had him at 5'11.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He plays bigger than that. When I first saw him at the juniors I assumed he was like 6'2 or something and I remember being surprised they had him at 5'11.

6'0", 208 lbs is pretty solid and the way he plays fits that. When he was 5'11", 185 lbs and plying like that, yeah, sure, but, not anymore. I think you're still on his Junior age days in your mind.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
6'0", 208 lbs is pretty solid and the way he plays fits that. When he was 5'11", 185 lbs and plying like that, yeah, sure, but, not anymore. I think you're still on his Junior age days in your mind.
It has nothing do with that. I am just saying visually when I watch him play to me he seems bigger than his listed height. Probably has more to do with his style. Often when players play with short sticks and are always hunched over also look shorter than their height. It's like Crosby, he's listed at 5'11 but he looks so much shorter to me on the ice with the way he plays always low to the ice and on edge.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The quick decisions he makes with puck shows pretty great vision. He gets pucks to net better than any Habs D I've seen in a long time (not sure if there's a stat tracking % shot attempts reaching net).

I wanted him to be AHL first but after watching him play in NHL and how the Habs are using him... unleash the Tsar.

That Sutter deke was nasty, the timing was perfect as if he was waiting for it. Literally no better in game scenario for Romanov can learn even 3rd liners in NHL can burn you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad