Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
The reality of the NHL is starting to catch up with him. Also, he needs to learn that taking a shot is not always the best decision in the offensive zone.
He's still learning. What is bad is to repeat the same mistakes often, and being an intelligent player like he is, I doubt he does.
And anyways, our "1st" dman Weber can't even get a shot on net for his dear life, Romanov is more than fine.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Sergachev and Romanov would’ve been a god send with Weber eventually going out and Petry slowly aging. Having all 4 at once would’ve currently would’ve made our current D a powerhouse. How you can say in one of your previous post that you view Drouin and Sergachev as an equal talent is pure cringe. That trade was a huge bust. Time for some people to accept it.

Well one move may have triggered another. Maybe no Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and others. Whats done is done.

My opinion about Sergachev vs Drouin hasn't changed. I'm not losing sleep over the deal even if I'd prefer a D over another winger.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Having Romanov and Sergachev would be sick, Romanov is clearly more complete but Sergachev has a career .47 ppg from age 19 to 21. Yes he was on stacked team but he was 1 goal away from the team lead for defensemen while being 21. Having both would set us up nicely for years to come while still having all the other d prospects.
They would complement each other very nicely too, ahhh what could've been hahaha

Reactions: montreal

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Well one move may have triggered another. Maybe no Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and others. Whats done is done.

My opinion about Sergachev vs Drouin hasn't changed. I'm not losing sleep over the deal even if I'd prefer a D over another winger.
We need more posts like this one, honestly, if this is MB's worst trade, we're kind of lucky. Drouin is still an asset, he's not what we thought he'd be, but he's a good player.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021

Hey guys this is a new video I made about one of the most exciting new additions to the Montreal roster this year . I added NHL 21 footage in here to try something different rather than just photos . Any feedback is great , and I hope you like it . By the way any comments on YouTube , likes and subscribes are much appreciated as I BLEEEED habs blood and plan to post all year long about them .

GO HABS GO! And GO ROMANOV !!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Top pairing two way offensively inclined 45-55 point defender, maybe more during his best years

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
40-50 point #1-2 defenseman. Kinda similar to how Petry is for us right now, probably better defensively though.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I would be absolutely giddy if he could become a Markov type of force over time...anything more would be cherry on top IMO

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Enjoying reading these comments :D I have a good feeling about Romanov as well guys (obviously in the hype from the vid )
But on another note is anybody friends of a moderator on the habs subreddit? I just uploaded this video and i've been a member of their sub for a while, and it got removed along with this message "Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose."

Pretty crappy considering I've even chimed in on other fan bases sub reddits and they've allowed me to give my video analysis insight , meanwhile the team I love the most frowns upon me on there :( lol

Reactions: AyyoCully

LeGarsDuCable

Sep 17, 2020
His all around game will be better than Subban and a better personality than Markov.

A likeable team player stud.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think a top pairing D and 30-40 point player. He has shown veteran qualities already and he will only get better. His upside could match or exceed Markov.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think I found the best comparison for Romanov. If every thing goes very well with him in his progression, I think he can be a sort of Charlie McAvoy. He has work to do to attempt McAvoy level and I'm not saying he will be as good as him, but there is a lot of similarity in their game.

Reactions: The Great Weal

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
Enjoying reading these comments :D I have a good feeling about Romanov as well guys (obviously in the hype from the vid )
But on another note is anybody friends of a moderator on the habs subreddit? I just uploaded this video and i've been a member of their sub for a while, and it got removed along with this message "Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose."

Pretty crappy considering I've even chimed in on other fan bases sub reddits and they've allowed me to give my video analysis insight , meanwhile the team I love the most frowns upon me on there :( lol

Why not just type out your opinion and participate like a normal person instead of thinking your opinion is so precious that people should sit through a video?

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Why not just type out your opinion and participate like a normal person instead of thinking your opinion is so precious that people should sit through a video?

hey man , I’m sorry I offended you with my video . I do participate by typing quite often ! However I also enjoy making videos , as crappy as they may be , that’s just me . If your just having a bad day , I hope things get better for you bud . Sorry , and don’t watch them in the future , you’ll know from now on :)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes it’s been tougher the last 2 games but it’s ok he’s a rookie who will learn from his mistakes but he need to stay on the 3rd pair for now

Agreed. Lets not rush him up and rag doll him. Let him get his feet wet in a stable role. Then grow from there over time. He's getting some PP minutes here and there and I like that. Same approach we had with Suzuki as the season went along last year. It's up to Romanov to shine and force our hand

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Remember the "Habs overrate our prospects" Say what now? I do believe that was the case in the past cause our draft power was low and we were hoping and scratching more. But this prospect pool has a great resume of trends and development and we have a shit load of grade B's after our higher rated guys. For example: We got two D men who are close to pt/game in the NCAA and that's flying under the radar right now.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Remember the "Habs overrate our prospects" Say what now? I do believe that was the case in the past cause our draft power was low and we were hoping and scratching more. But this prospect pool has a great resume of trends and development and we have a shit load of grade B's after our higher rated guys. For example: We got two D men who are close to pt/game in the NCAA and that's flying under the radar right now.

I agree man , the cupboards are full and it’s great to see .

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad