Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Just like Nick, I really have to temper my expectations.Because it's just been 4 games.

But man, it's hard to when you watch him play.
I’m waiting for someone to post his sequence in OT before going to bed. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited for a player since young PK came into the league. We have 3 exciting young players to watch this year, we’re spoiled.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Man he's good. I hate getting ahead of myself but he's impressive. Plays like a veteran. Him and Petry should be the only d's to get on in overtime.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I’m waiting for someone to post his sequence in OT before going to bed. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited for a player since young PK came into the league. We have 3 exciting young players to watch this year, we’re spoiled.
Suzuki, Romanov, and ???

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I personally thought he was going to be a solid 3rd pairing D. I honestly would have been happy with that. Props to the scouts, they really did their homework.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
They made an effort to do it right but they're still wrong.

The O in Ro is more like an A in Russian so it sounds more like RamAnofff , even the second O is something between an O and an A, RamAnafff .

In Russian unstressed O usually sounds like something between O and A. But that second syllable is under stress, so A in it sounds very distinctly and a little bit prolonged. It's like a longer O in words stop, cop, mob etc in American English.

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
They made an effort to do it right but they're still wrong.

The O in Ro is more like an A in Russian so it sounds more like RamAnofff , even the second O is something between an O and an A, RamAnafff .
Now, that's just nitpicking. It's not going to get much better and is still more accurate than how most Russian names are pronounced by TV people.

Imagine being Hara and having it pronounced Chara the whole career.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The confidence level is what has been impressing me the most with this kid. I already knew he played a very mature game with CSKA but I didn't expect him to be this comfortable right away in the limelight. He flat out WANTS to be out there as much as possible in every situation and it's a rare quality in a rookie. Subban had that and Romanov does too, he seems completely fearless out there.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Had a rough game last night being caught pinching and out of position many times but that's going to happen to a young guy.

Overall, a very good start to the season for Stan

Reactions: KotkaZuki

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
Had a rough game last night being caught pinching and out of position many times but that's going to happen to a young guy.

Overall, a very good start to the season for Stan

Gotta agree with you, but we have to expect it. Also, the positives outshines by far every mistakes he makes. I also like that CJ seems to be ok putting him back on after a mistake, and gives him a little more every game.

Him, Suzuki and KK are SOOOOOOOOO fun to watch. Hell, the entire roster is exciting this year, i've never felt that way about this team, like, ever.

Reactions: Deebs and Gains

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Gotta agree with you, but we have to expect it. Also, the positives outshines by far every mistakes he makes. I also like that CJ seems to be ok putting him back on after a mistake, and gives him a little more every game.

Him, Suzuki and KK are SOOOOOOOOO fun to watch. Hell, the entire roster is exciting this year, i've never felt that way about this team, like, ever.
Absolutely. Kid has all the potential in the world and like you say, Claude obviously trusts him as well because he's out there all the time in all situation.

Reactions: philipsson

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Shocked by how good he is. The narrative was top-4 D at best, with 2nd pair ceiling. Reality: very high IQ, nerves of steel and built like a tank. He does remind me of both PK Subban and Markov. Definitely top pairing potential. But from the franchise building perspective, it's foolish to think that Romanov offsets the loss of Sergachev. That was the dumbest trade imaginable. Sergachev is a beast. Watched him against the Bruins a few times - the kid is nasty, physical, and explosive. He is a huge energy/character guy. Still learning the defensive part of the game, but developing beautifully in Tampa. You'd do well to have both on the team (rather than having the useless soft JD...)

Last edited:
Reactions: 26Mats

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Shocked by how good he is. The narrative was top-4 D at best, with 2nd pair ceiling. Reality: very high IQ, nerves of steel and built like a tank. He does remind me of both PK Subban and Markov. Definitely top pairing potential. But from the franchise building perspective, it's foolish to think that Romanov offsets the loss of Sergachev. That was the dumbest trade imaginable. Sergachev is a beast. Watched him against the Bruins a few times - the kid is a nasty, physical, and explosive. He is a huge energy/character guy. Still learning the defensive part of the game, but developing beautifully in Tampa. You'd do well to have both on the team (rather than having the useless soft JD...)

His WJC at age 18 and 19 where he passed the eye test and the production test in both years was no fluke. Several "expert" posters in our herd were way to pessimistic and tried to use the Poehling "small tournament" narrative on Romanov. Comical

I've said it a few times now cause those belittle posters need to hear it! They would not think twice if Romanov disappointed

Reactions: Hins77

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Shocked by how good he is. The narrative was top-4 D at best, with 2nd pair ceiling. Reality: very high IQ, nerves of steel and built like a tank. He does remind me of both PK Subban and Markov. Definitely top pairing potential. But from the franchise building perspective, it's foolish to think that Romanov offsets the loss of Sergachev. That was the dumbest trade imaginable. Sergachev is a beast. Watched him against the Bruins a few times - the kid is a nasty, physical, and explosive. He is a huge energy/character guy. Still learning the defensive part of the game, but developing beautifully in Tampa. You'd do well to have both on the team (rather than having the useless soft JD...)
We will have to forget it soon. Is it a mistake today? Yeah. But back in the days. 80% of people here and around me were happy to see jo drouin coming here. He been a really good player beside kucherov past playoffs. We missed offensive skill against rangers. We wanted to win now. Probably Bergevin learned about it. But this trade is no where close to mcdonagh/gomez. Sergachev is not hedman and will never be. Even with sergachev the last few years. We would sucks. So yeah. He been developping well on a good team but he would not to be a game changer for us even if we had him

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
ohh okay nice i might do it then

Yes, yes. Do it. It's a great way to save money and even make sure your investment stands the test of time. If you can get it signed by Romanov and Suzuki, like half and half so the signature ends up like Romazuki, that'll really get the value going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad