Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Is Romanov a LD or RD? He's a left shot.

Play him with Weber and deal Chiarot as part of package for a good player at deadline
Chiarot is a good depth player and I don't think we can get an advantageous return for him. But yeah, it would be nice to see Romanov play on his natural side.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's only a matter of time before Romanov ends up with Weber IMO. Other teams are really keying on Chiarot and getting pucks deep on his side. Romanov could help counter this with his speed.

Jul 6, 2016
It's only a matter of time before Romanov ends up with Weber IMO. Other teams are really keying on Chiarot and getting pucks deep on his side. Romanov could help counter this with his speed.

I would try Edmundson with Weber, first.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Well that's just simply untrue because Hughes kept getting a larger role while Mete was regressing and eventually got outplayed by an AHLer. No offense and poor defense. Hughes defensive game wasn't a concern because Tanev helped him out a lot last year, but this year, he's struggling immensely defensively.

Mete did not regress or get outplayed. He got injured and took some time to get his game back, which is normal for a young kid getting bounced around after his injury.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-2-14_20-4-45.png

Reactions: David Suzuki

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Chiarot is a good depth player and I don't think we can get an advantageous return for him. But yeah, it would be nice to see Romanov play on his natural side.

I'm hoping Mete can straighten out his defensive game. His speed and mobility could also help us.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'd really like to read this but it's pay wall and I'm a poor lonesome cowboy :( Could you perhaps give us the bullet points (If you have the time and it's no problem)?
I'll give a quick rundown

-Started skating at 4.
-Grandfather was always supportive of him playing hockey but never pressured him.
-Didn't mind his 2 quarantine periods because he likes to be by himself and with his wife and is a home body anyways. Says the time in Montreal has been harder on his wife because of the language situation and lack of friends. Says they spend most of their free time outside.
-He received praise from teammates and staff for his infectious attitude and work ethic.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

-Started skating at 4.
-Grandfather was always supportive of him playing hockey but never pressured him.
-Didn't mind his 2 quarantine periods because he likes to be by himself and with his wife and is a home body anyways. Says the time in Montreal has been harder on his wife because of the language situation and lack of friends. Says they spend most of their free time outside.
-He received praise from teammates and staff for his infectious attitude and work ethic.
Thanks a bunch :thumbu:

Reactions: Deebs

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'd really like to read this but it's pay wall and I'm a poor lonesome cowboy :( Could you perhaps give us the bullet points (If you have the time and it's no problem)?
Summary: Kid has a great attitude about hockey.

His grandfather and father both played, and give him tips about improving, but not in an overbearing/controlling way.

Has a lot of family connections with Andrei Markov, and was able to meet him a while ago when his team was in MTL for a tournament.

Says he's going to take opportunities to be a leader and set an example despite his age. He does this by working hard/being first on for practices.

Kulak says Romanov always makes a decision one way or another, so it's easy to read. He doesn't hesitate. MAG (the writer) reiterates that it's not always the CORRECT decision, but it's a decision nonetheless.

Has a young wife who is having a bit of a hard time with quarantine. He says at least he has a distraction (hockey), she has to find things to do throughout the day with lockdown + curfew in effect.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

-Started skating at 4.
A side bullet point:
- His father also was D during the 5-0 Soviet rout of Habs at Forum in 1982

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad