Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Or before him, vintage Konstantinov, who had underrated offense.

It would be fun to dream big and invoke Ray Bourque, who was roughly Romanov's size, but those are big skates to fill.
We should never mention Ray's name when talking about Romanov.... Not even in a dream scenario :)

OB5

May 2, 2015
The Habs about every prospect: He's good but he's not ready. He needs to develop more.
The Habs about Romanov: He's going to be in our opening night lineup and will be an important part of our team but no pressure but expectations are high.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
The Habs about every prospect: He's good but he's not ready. He needs to develop more.
The Habs about Romanov: He's going to be in our opening night lineup and will be an important part of our team but no pressure but expectations are high.

Except to be fair we have the depth for him to be in our bottom pairing on a better team than we’ve had in years. He won’t be left to the wolves.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe I'm misremembering but they were pretty hyped about DLR.

Well I was NEVER, not for a single second, hyped about "big body, but no offense" DLR.

And I'm hyped about Romanov. But I imagine you're looking for more assurances than that.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I repeat what I wrote already..

Romanov will be a fan favorite early on because of his:

Grit
Great gap
Mobility
Charisma
Speed.
Attitude

He is the kind of player that the puck always find him.

In a normal season of 82 games..he would start on the third pair but finish with Weber.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Yep..but DLR was not dominant in the world juniors.

Romanov was named the best d of the tournament...at 18 years old ...
Yeah well Poehling was MVP.

Such a different game.

I'm just scared they're pumping his tires too much.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal

This video is from a few months ago but Romanov seems like he’s going to be a fan favourite. Great personality. Excited to see what he can do.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Except to be fair we have the depth for him to be in our bottom pairing on a better team than we’ve had in years. He won’t be left to the wolves.

I wouldn't put it past them to go 'full on Mete' and throw him with Webs first game. What could go wrong, eh Vic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad