Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Agree 100 % I would even play Romanov in Laval for begening in 2020-2021. But I was defending his point that he is right that it’s not difficult to make Habs defense.

That a relative statement. It would be exceedingly difficult for any one of our current prospects to make this club at this point.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
My point is that it's a short term downgrade for a long-term gain.

Folin, Fleury, and random UFA will likely battle it out for the 3rd RHD position. Fleury may jump back and forth with the AHL as he grows into his role.

Have Mete and Juulsen implement themselves properly into top 4D roles. Introduce Fleury slowly, such that in the 2020/2021 season you will have Brook and Romanov also beginning the transition to the NHL roster (and in a dream scenario, Harley drafted in the 2019 1st round then starting to push that year or the next on the left side.)

Long term you'd have an evolution where:

Harley - Brook
Mete - Juulsen
Romanov - Fleury
Kulak

(Petry traded, Weber traded, etc.)

To me, that's the end goal.

You have Romanov way too low. He's the gem. *praying he doesn't get hurt.

Ok. he won't be a Zubov-Markov type, but he might be a talented Kasparaitis type (he's hard to compare, very weird mix of abilities).

Needless to say with this mix of abilities, he's a constant factor in the play and probably the kind of mix that can become elite, to put it simply. The pure offense will have to come from his partner, but he will keep everybody on their toes. That will be good long term if we can use Mete on that 2nd pairing to go really fast. But yeah, I would would still draft a LD, because you never have enough Ds or Cs.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
**** you guys I was hoping for some Romanov updates in this thread, of course that would be too much to ask for

Anyone know if he's in the lineup today? Has he played in any CSKA playoff games?
He played the first round... hasn’t played any game in the second round, last rumor i heard was he’s injured and it’s unlikely we see him in the third round against the SKA, the final perhaps?

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
You have Romanov way too low. He's the gem. *praying he doesn't get hurt.

Ok. he won't be a Zubov-Markov type, but he might be a talented Kasparaitis type (he's hard to compare, very weird mix of abilities).

Needless to say with this mix of abilities, he's a constant factor in the play and probably the kind of mix that can become elite, to put it simply. The pure offense will have to come from his partner, but he will keep everybody on their toes. That will be good long term if we can use Mete on that 2nd pairing to go really fast. But yeah, I would would still draft a LD, because you never have enough Ds or Cs.

I do "hope" that Romanov surprises everybody and becomes a solid #3, if not a #2. My projected lines right now where mostly in the "short term" assuming a slow transition 4 years from now. But we all know that the reality of things will have that some of these guys won't make it, others will be traded, etc, etc.

Romanov's progression since the WCJ has been great, let's hope he keeps it up.

Although he's KHL signed, does anyone know if he'd be allowed to attend the Habs' summer rookie camp?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I do "hope" that Romanov surprises everybody and becomes a solid #3, if not a #2. My projected lines right now where mostly in the "short term" assuming a slow transition 4 years from now. But we all know that the reality of things will have that some of these guys won't make it, others will be traded, etc, etc.

Romanov's progression since the WCJ has been great, let's hope he keeps it up.

Although he's KHL signed, does anyone know if he'd be allowed to attend the Habs' summer rookie camp?
idk about KHL but college players allow their players to play in the summer camps but i do believe that the KHL does not allow that. last one this past summer Romanov was not allowed to participate due to his current KHL contract. His contract isnt expiring. I dont see why he would be allowed this time.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
**** you guys I was hoping for some Romanov updates in this thread, of course that would be too much to ask for

Anyone know if he's in the lineup today? Has he played in any CSKA playoff games?

2 days ago they estimated he would be out for 10 days, still another week minimum hes expected to be out

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We are the f***ing Montreal Canadiens! Dig this kid out of the KHL NOW!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
CSKA Moscow >>>> Laval Rocket.

Keep him in Moscow for another year.
No f***ing way! He needs to be in Laval next year. Not playing in the KHL. We might not be able to attract high end UFA’s or keep them once finally get one, but we sure as hell can get the best defenseman in the WJC on our roster! Do it!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No ****ing way! He needs to be in Laval next year. Not playing in the KHL. We might not be able to attract high end UFA’s or keep them once finally get one, but we sure as hell can get the best defenseman in the WJC on our roster! Do it!

Dude, are you drunk?
He’s playing on a far better team than Laval and a in a better league than the AHL AND he’s under contract. He’s fine where he is now.

Chill out...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
We are the ****ing Montreal Canadiens! Dig this kid out of the KHL NOW!
The CSKA Moscow are a multisport teams. A reference in Russia. The Russian equivalent or version of the Montreal Canadiens in terms of popularity and structures.

Incredible to be where Romanov living atm. It's evident there's no issues for his sakes that he stays there for another year. It'll not hurt him.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
No ****ing way! He needs to be in Laval next year. Not playing in the KHL. We might not be able to attract high end UFA’s or keep them once finally get one, but we sure as hell can get the best defenseman in the WJC on our roster! Do it!

You do realise just how big CSKA is, right? You've heard of the Red Army hockey team, I take it? CSKA is an institution in numerous sports in Russia. To suggest that any Russian playing hockey for CSKA would want to come and play what would definitely seem like minor league hockey in a backwater like Laval when they are living the life in Moscow is laughable.

He'll come over when there's a place for him in the Big Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad