Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Leave him until MB and CJ are gone. He’s russian so CJ won’t play him nor MB trade him in the first offseason. We don’t need him starting in the lineup then sitting the box for Veteran waiver pick ups. Leave him

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
As per the blurb, he's ranked 45.th league wide. The no. 3 ranking is only within the Habs's prospects list.

Here's the top 10 Habs prospects as ranked by THN and in brackets their league-wide ranking:

If you mean a hard copy, I have no idea. Was only able to gather whatever is available online.

1. Poehling
2. Brook
3. Suzuki
4. Romanov
5. The rest

Reactions: jaffy27

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I do "hope" that Romanov surprises everybody and becomes a solid #3, if not a #2. My projected lines right now where mostly in the "short term" assuming a slow transition 4 years from now. But we all know that the reality of things will have that some of these guys won't make it, others will be traded, etc, etc.

Romanov's progression since the WCJ has been great, let's hope he keeps it up.

Although he's KHL signed, does anyone know if he'd be allowed to attend the Habs' summer rookie camp?
Romanov-Brook

Future 1st pairing right there.

Reactions: cphabs and Redux91

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Yes, because no one will wonder what happened when CSKA somehow let Romanov leave with one year on his deal ... you guys would make terrible criminals ! I don't mean that as a compliment... :sarcasm:

Well people have said Romanov can buy out his last year.

He is probably better off there for another year anyway.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Yes, he has to buy HIS own contract. with his own money, Montreal can't give him money. That would be like Offering a lower cap hit to a player to after give him money on the side.

Plus, he didn't speak a single english word at the draft, bringing a guy who won't understand anything while he's suppose to have a progression is a bad idea, hopefully he's currently having english class and will be more fluid by 20-21.

Reactions: CapSpace

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes, he has to buy HIS own contract. with his own money, Montreal can't give him money. That would be like Offering a lower cap hit to a player to after give him money on the side.

Not advocating for Romanov to be in the AHL next year, however, nothing stops Romanov from contracting a loan for the money and use his future NHL salaries to pay it back. It’s a silly rule if that’s how it works. A player drafted fairly early can easily find his way around it.

That said, let him stay in Russia another year.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Not advocating for Romanov to be in the AHL next year, however, nothing stops Romanov from contracting a loan for the money and use his future NHL salaries to pay it back. It’s a silly rule if that’s how it works. A player drafted fairly early can easily find his way around it.

That said, let him stay in Russia another year.

The deadline to buy out a contract in the KHL for next season passed a long time ago. It's about a year before the start of the season that you can buy it out.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

While I have heard he can do that, I am not aware of any Russian players buying out their own KHL contract. That would be pretty crazy to buyout 1 year of contract and instead of making money, you'd lose money to go play in Laval for a lower salary (potentially). No one would do that. If that would be so crazy, then people wouldn't believe this is what happened.. and if the habs had paid that money ... even if through some illegal back channel process, it would be easily uncovered.

But yeah he's still young, no rush.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If Mete can play,no reason Romanov can't. Get him over here,Habs have the deep pockets to make it happen if they truly want to. Unless they are so anti ruskie that they have a plausible excuse.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If Mete can play,no reason Romanov can't. Get him over here,Habs have the deep pockets to make it happen if they truly want to. Unless they are so anti ruskie that they have a plausible excuse.
2020-21 season dude.....let him develop 1 more year and 1 more U20WJC......let’s not burn steps, let this guy show up here like Poehling did!!

Reactions: sandviper

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
2020-21 season dude.....let him develop 1 more year and 1 more U20WJC......let’s not burn steps, let this guy show up here like Poehling did!!

Just saying that he looks ready and would have to lose no cap or trades for a left pm. Maybe they should ask Markov his opinion.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Just saying that he looks ready and would have to lose no cap or trades for a left pm. Maybe they should ask Markov his opinion.
He does.....I’d just let him simmer one more year, but that’s just an opinion. Who knows....let’s just say I wouldn’t be upset if he was at training camp

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
While I have heard he can do that, I am not aware of any Russian players buying out their own KHL contract. That would be pretty crazy to buyout 1 year of contract and instead of making money, you'd lose money to go play in Laval for a lower salary (potentially). No one would do that. If that would be so crazy, then people wouldn't believe this is what happened.. and if the habs had paid that money ... even if through some illegal back channel process, it would be easily uncovered.

But yeah he's still young, no rush.

The difference between a KHL entry level contract and an AHL contract isn't significant. Without looking at my numbers, I believe Romanov makes 95k on his current deal. It might be 195k, I don't remember for sure lol. I need to look that up. He would make significantly more if he played in the NHL with a lot more earning potential (the KHL cap is about 13m for the whole roster, moving into a hard cap next season with under 20 year olds on entry level contracts exempt).

The problem is that he's about 6 months too late to buy out his contract. The deadline is right around the start of the previous season so even if he wanted to, he couldn't buy out his current contract.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The difference between a KHL entry level contract and an AHL contract isn't significant. Without looking at my numbers, I believe Romanov makes 95k on his current deal. It might be 195k, I don't remember for sure lol. I need to look that up. He would make significantly more if he played in the NHL with a lot more earning potential (the KHL cap is about 13m for the whole roster, moving into a hard cap next season with under 20 year olds on entry level contracts exempt).

The problem is that he's about 6 months too late to buy out his contract. The deadline is right around the start of the previous season so even if he wanted to, he couldn't buy out his current contract.

Money still talks though,just saying.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I'm gonna put him a electronic ankle bracelet. Tracking him. Don't come to the Canadian territory until summer 2020. Watch out okay...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
1. Poehling
2. Brook
3. Suzuki
4. Romanov
5. The rest
That’s pretty solid!!

You can tack on

Primeau
Ylonen
Ikonen
Fonstad
Olofsson

And of course we have 18yr old Kotkaniemi...plus this years 1st rounder and I’m banking we’ll amass ourselves a few more solid prospects with the other 9 picks....

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
That’s pretty solid!!

You can tack on

Primeau
Ylonen
Ikonen
Fonstad
Olofsson

And of course we have 18yr old Kotkaniemi...plus this years 1st rounder and I’m banking we’ll amass ourselves a few more solid prospects with the other 9 picks....
61095778-B107-4AB7-A738-E75E7D9360C7.png

Future is looking ridiculously bright.. I just hope they don’t mess it all up.. I’m hoping Bergy keeps making good decisions more often then not. We’re stuck with him so...

Reactions: cphabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad