Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I surely didn't, he was in my ND list.

i'm with you on that, it can sound cocky, but at the bell center when they drafted Leblanc and was MAD. When we drafted tinordi i hated his mobility and didn't think much of him. When we drafted him i kinda gave up, all the kid did was face the board and protect him 24/7 it was laughable i said it since day one that he was a terrible pick.

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
I am not expecting Romanov to leave KHL before another full season, at least.

Next year could see him get allot more exposure situationally in the K. No reason to get him here early, it is the 2nd best league in the world.

Let's see how he does on the 3rd or 2nd pairing next year and then we can grovel appropriately.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Love seeing the "14:26". Must be getting more and more trust from Nikitin.

since he returned from the WJC's he's not played less then 11:36.

in order of games since 1st game back,

15:21
11:36
13:16
12:45
13:41
14:01
16:34
14:26

so he's up to 10:58 average now. Only 13 of his 36 games have been under 10 minutes and 10 of the 13 were in the 1st 7 weeks of the season.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
How About Rielly, Kulak and Benn ?

Calm down, Mete is a good player that's why he's looking fine playing with Weber.
Yep dont get the hate on Mete, he is doing quite fine for a 20 yrs old kid, some people expect perfection from our d core when the prob is clearly up front where the Habs badly lack top end players... Domi is a left winger playing center, Danault is a third line center playing in a top 6 role and Kotkaniemi is only 18... On the wings, depth is fine on our top 3 lines but we clearly lack top end skills, I like Gallagher and Tatar but when they are your best wingers, you know something is wrong... Drouin has skills but he is soft as butter and useless on most nights... Worst PP in the league says everything...

Reactions: dralaf and Mrb1p

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I surely didn't, he was in my ND list.

To be fair, I liked Leblanc as 3rd liner-potential top 6 in his draft year (2-way style). It felt like he blew a tire during his development. 2-way guys are my draft blindspot, I find them quite hard to predict. Sometimes their offense never arrive, sometimes at the NHL stage they are not hard to play against.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
How About Rielly, Kulak and Benn ?

Calm down, Mete is a good player that's why he's looking fine playing with Weber.
Talent has to be there yes, Rielly, Benn, etc.... are fringes players. Can only make them so good. Mete way better since Weber returned.

Many top defensemen in the past said their careers were better paired with veteran stars. They learn the little tidbits from them. Larry Robinson said in his book he would not have been the player he was if not for learning from vets like Savard, Lapieppiere. Rod Langway and Chris Chelios said same thing about Robinson. Brad Park in his book it said Bourque learned a lot for him and Bobby Orr as a consultant his rookie year in Boston.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
since he returned from the WJC's he's not played less then 11:36.

in order of games since 1st game back,

15:21
11:36
13:16
12:45
13:41
14:01
16:34
14:26

so he's up to 10:58 average now. Only 13 of his 36 games have been under 10 minutes and 10 of the 13 were in the 1st 7 weeks of the season.
Yeah, his high TOI is becoming consistent. I love it.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1. Per the NHL’s own policies, the NHL can only buyout contracts for leagues they have a transfer agreement with, and only for a set price.
The KHL is not one of these leagues. As such, if the Habs were found out to have provided money to CSKA or Romanov, they would be in deep **** from the NHL.

2. In KHL, individual players can buy out their own contracts but it can only be for the last year of the contract and player must give 18 months notice.

I do know there is no player transfer agreement with the KHL but I didn't know you were not allowed to give Romanov or the KHL team money to buy out that last year. I thought that it was just a case by case negotiation when it came to the KHL?

Reactions: jaffy27

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I do know there is no player transfer agreement with the KHL but I didn't know you were not allowed to give Romanov or the KHL team money to buy out that last year. I thought that it was just a case by case negotiation when it came to the KHL?

Did you spend like the last three days fact checking if he was right? lol

I'm just kidding. Just hadn't notice you posting since he posted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad