Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
According to rmnb, caps are discussing 3 to 5 years at 10m

Not saying he doesn't deserve that money (and even more) but that isn't exactly helpful to building a winning roster.

To be honest, i dont care what they pay to Ovie as long as he stays. The more years the better.

And that being said, he absolutely deserves to be paid 10m and even more. Putting away all what he brings off-ice, the man just won Rocket. For the third time in a row. Thats just crazy and should be appreciated accordingly.

When Ovie starts really declining we are screwed anyways. No cap space in the world will change that. Atleast we will (hopefully) have a chance to see a historic record chase then.

Last edited:

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Pay him whatever, but man do I hope he has a think about how his last contract was 124m, his net worth is ~60m, if he takes something crazy like 5m aav then his chances of winning another cup are that bit higher....

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am not concerned about the Ov contract. He will sign one and stay. He is a smart guy and he knows how is cap hit effects his team's chances to win. My take is that he will sit down with Fishman and go over the cap projections and see what number they can come up with. I still think Ov has a handshake deal to buy a piece of the team when he retires.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Not sure there's a player in the league who wants to win more than Ovi, so I expect he will find something that is fair for him and still allows the team to add pieces around him. He's stated a bunch of times how he doesn't want to be one of those guys that sticks around for the money if he stinks or if he's on a bad team and I think given his competitiveness it'd drive him nuts to go from making the playoffs for most of his career to playing on a shit team. Either way, he's not going anywhere and if they overpay so be it.

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
And to your point, it wouldn't be awful at all.

Seriously? To watch him do that in a Dallas uni would be awful.....to me. I would rather he do it than not no matter but for that video of him breaking that record in a San Jose uniform would break the heart

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Seriously? To watch him do that in a Dallas uni would be awful.....to me. I would rather he do it than not no matter but for that video of him breaking that record in a San Jose uniform would break the heart
this x1000. i have to think that all those vids of 99's records in a Kings uni still give Oil fans hives.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
this x1000. i have to think that all those vids of 99's records in a Kings uni still give Oil fans hives.

Unitas%2B1973%2BChargers%2BJohnny-Unitas-Chargers-amazonaws.jpg
willie-mays.jpg

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad