Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Ahhhh the pre-“save yourself” days WERE fun.
The regular seasons were.
I thought he stopped hitting because suspensions. Kindof like Wilson
I think he toned it down some after that crazy hit attempt on Malkin in 08 where maybe he hurt his shoulder, then again in 2010 after Vancouver went shitty then the suspension for the Campbell hit right after that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The Campbell suspension was the real neutering move, combined with guys like Knuble chirping in his ear about saving himself, he was changed as a player. It’s fine, whatever....SEE Stanley Cup. ;)

Reactions: crazy8888

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The Campbell suspension was the real neutering move, combined with guys like Knuble chirping in his ear about saving himself, he was changed as a player. It’s fine, whatever....SEE Stanley Cup. ;)

Neuter for the regular season for sure. On the SC run there were some games games where AO/Wilson were in full on body check mode (game 6 vs tampa?)

I do think the first few years of players attempting to blow up AO or stand him up is another type of hilarity on the physical side.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Neuter for the regular season for sure. On the SC run there were some games games where AO/Wilson were in full on body check mode (game 6 vs tampa?)

I do think the first few years of players attempting to blow up AO or stand him up is another type of hilarity on the physical side.

I think it was probably like in his late 20’s before I saw him lose even one of those hits. Back then, even today, he looks vulnerable for some hits, but basically never comes out on the losing end. I think accidental collisions with teammates have been worse over the years lol.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
I think it was probably like in his late 20’s before I saw him lose even one of those hits. Back then, even today, he looks vulnerable for some hits, but basically never comes out on the losing end. I think accidental collisions with teammates have been worse over the years lol.

i think the worst hit he ever took was from patrick boullion ? i dont know if i spell him corretly, he was one of the montreal midgets roster from 10 years ago. he destroyed ovi, broke his nose. ovi finished the game with 5 points, 4 goals including ot winner.

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
I didnt realize that Matthews was at "The Goal" game.

MLK day, an afternoon start. I remember telling the girl I was with that we might have seen the goal of the year. She couldn't have cared less. I knew then she was wrong for me.

Amazing what Ovechkin has done for Washington, and Hockey. Back then there may have been less than 10 caps jerseys at AZ games. Now, a sea of Caps red. Hundreds, if not thousands. It's beautiful.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I sometimes watch him do shit during games and think "who the hell is going to pick up THAT slack when he's gone?"

Just that one-timer blast while cruising backwards in G4 this year is enough to make your jaw drop. And he does that shit ALL THE TIME.

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I sometimes watch him do shit during games and think "who the hell is going to pick up THAT slack when he's gone?"

Just that one-timer blast while cruising backwards in G4 this year is enough to make your jaw drop. And he does that shit ALL THE TIME.

Stanley Cup finals. Down a goal. He scored that pass. The pass is out of this world but Ovechkin is the only guy that could score it. Watch him set up and tell Backy to do it. On first glance it looks like a layup.

Reactions: g00n and Calicaps

Jun 15, 2007
According to rmnb, caps are discussing 3 to 5 years at 10m

Not saying he doesn't deserve that money (and even more) but that isn't exactly helpful to building a winning roster.

Reactions: searle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad