Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Pretty good Ovi story on the recent Spittin Chiclets podcast.

I'm paraphrasing, but Whitney was telling a story Keith Yandle told him from that short time Ovi was practicing at the Panthers facility this summer. One of the days Yandle went up to him on the ice and asked how his weekend was or something like that, and Ovi responds "I got boy." Took Yandle a few minutes to realize that meant the birth of his child.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Why bring up Ripkin when Walter Johnson was a way better baseball player? And even with that id give ovie the title of king of dc.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Why bring up Ripkin when Walter Johnson was a way better baseball player? And even with that id give ovie the title of king of dc.
Unitas
Ray Lewis
Ovechkin
Sammy Baugh
Walter Johnson
Gino Marchetti
Ripken
Darrell Green
Ed Reed

Ogden, Jim Parker, Unseld in some order

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Pretty good Ovi story on the recent Spittin Chiclets podcast.

I'm paraphrasing, but Whitney was telling a story Keith Yandle told him from that short time Ovi was practicing at the Panthers facility this summer. One of the days Yandle went up to him on the ice and asked how his weekend was or something like that, and Ovi responds "I got boy." Took Yandle a few minutes to realize that meant the birth of his child.

That sounds like such an Ovi thing to say lol.

Reactions: searle and Drakon

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
Ovy tied Dino Ciccarelli for 18th all time in goals with 608. This is a meaningful benchmark to me.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
You know he only played 3 full seasons with us and his highest goalscoring season for us was 41. And he played during the non defence era. Was he that impressive as a Cap?
You reach a point where it’s like look at all these meaningless regular season wins, and the playoff losses blur together, and I question if these players are actually good or care as much as me, Dino and Ovy are the only 2 guys I remember breaking their sticks over some BS during games and are 1-2 in playoff gpg and ppg for the Caps. No Caps move pissed me off more than trading him for Kelly Millers bro.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Those are great avatar pics
Ovechkin_HW.png

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Of course you did.
Well what did he do that was so great while he was with the Caps? He didnt win anything. His numbers were decent but not spectacular and he was never known as a defensive forward. His better days were definitely with the North Stars. And you have to remember that he played in the no defense era.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Well what did he do that was so great while he was with the Caps? He didnt win anything. His numbers were decent but not spectacular and he was never known as a defensive forward. His better days were definitely with the North Stars. And you have to remember that he played in the no defense era.
This is an Ovie thread, so if you want to continue talking about Dino, take it to the history thread, and I’ll find you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad