Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I am impressed with the dedication Ovechkin showed in training this off-season considering all the things that happened to him this season but honestly I wouldn't have cared if he came in looking like Big Buff.

As far I am concerned he can do whatever he wants for the rest of his career. He's earned it for carrying a franchise for the last 13 years.

Nah....I want more. He does too. Keep building that legacy. Greatest goal scorer of all time is up for grabs....

Reactions: calicapsfan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Nah....I want more. He does too. Keep building that legacy. Greatest goal scorer of all time is up for grabs....

His legacy is absolutely CEMENTED even if he never scores another goal.

And while I would go insane if it happened he is never catching Gretzky. Maybe, and it's a big maybe, he gets to 800 but I don't expect that either.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
His legacy is absolutely CEMENTED even if he never scores another goal.

And while I would go insane if it happened he is never catching Gretzky. Maybe, and it's a big maybe, he gets to 800 but I don't expect that either.

The greats don’t give up and fans don’t support the players who do for long. You know damn well if Ovy mailed it in the rest of his career you would be here complaining quickly.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The greats don’t give up and fans don’t support the players who do for long. You know damn well if Ovy mailed it in the rest of his career you would be here complaining quickly.

You are a very literal person CCF. ;)

Of course he will never stop trying to score goals.

Looks like he is taking his resurgence seriously:

Players and management mentioned how refreshed Ovechkin looked — even after a summer during which the entire team was supposedly partying the whole time.

“He actually looks a little bit leaner than he has in a while,” Capitals GM Brian MacLellan said. “He looks like he’s in a good place mentally.”

“The shape he came in was tremendous,” Capitals head coach Todd Reirden said. “It’s something we talked about quite a bit…I’m really proud of him for how he showed up the last few days in testing and today’s practice. To go along with that was a big smile, and that always pushes guys to be better when one of your leaders is enjoying coming to the rink.”

The Capitals are impressed by Alex Ovechkin’s new lean dad bod

Reactions: searle

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
People don't take Ov seriously enough. Of course he busted his ass training. That off season regimin change brought him a cup, a smythe, and a rocket.

He is within visual if being arguably the greatest hockey player of all time. He's not going to ease off now

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Any chance OV mails it in a bit this year? Looks like he partied pretty hard this summer. Also who will be centering him?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Any chance OV mails it in a bit this year? Looks like he partied pretty hard this summer. Also who will be centering him?

Did you see the above post? The guy has 607 goals starting a season just turning 33. He can break the all time goals record. He just figured out both how you win a Stanley Cup and that he CAN win a Stanley Cup.

D0 you honestly believe that after a wild goal celebration that Ov stops playing? Same here. Yea, he celebrated in epic fashion as he has done his entire career. That only fuels him for more. It doesn't satisfy him.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Did you see the above post? The guy has 607 goals starting a season just turning 33. He can break the all time goals record. He just figured out both how you win a Stanley Cup and that he CAN win a Stanley Cup.

D0 you honestly believe that after a wild goal celebration that Ov stops playing? Same here. Yea, he celebrated in epic fashion as he has done his entire career. That only fuels him for more. It doesn't satisfy him.
I like this response

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How did I not know this?

The Conn Smythe Trophy was the sixth individual award he's received in his career (Calder Memorial Trophy, Hart Memorial Trophy, Art Ross Trophy, Maurice Richard Trophy, Ted Lindsay Award and the Conn Smythe Trophy). Ovechkin is the only player in NHL history to win all six awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad