Player Discussion Alexandar Georgiev

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What teams would really be looking to add hank?

Carolina? Colorado? Maybe Vancouver? Vegas?

Vegas has Fleury. I don't see Lundqvist going there to be in a similar situation he's in now.

Colorado with Francouz and Grubauer could benefit from him, same goes for Carolina. A case can be made for both being a good goalie away from contending.

Vancouver seems to do quite well with Markstrom, but who knows

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
What teams would really be looking to add hank?

Carolina? Colorado? Maybe Vancouver? Vegas?
Definitely not Vancouver. Vegas is an interesting one. I imagine it's a city Lundqvist would like, and Fleury's been really fighting it lately and they'd probably like to reduce his workload, but Subban is garbage. Think it's very unlikely, like any Lundqvist trade, but I can see the reasoning.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Definitely not Vancouver. Vegas is an interesting one. I imagine it's a city Lundqvist would like, and Fleury's been really fighting it lately and they'd probably like to reduce his workload, but Subban is garbage. Think it's very unlikely, like any Lundqvist trade, but I can see the reasoning.
They have like zero cap space, though. And for that reason, they are out.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Garoppolo should be the marketing example for Georgiev

it is really though? only 8 pass attempts for 77 yards. the team won but its not like he was the reason...

or are you referring to the fact that with brady possibly done in NE, the patriots are probably regretting trading away Jimmy G? :naughty:

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
it is really though? only 8 pass attempts for 77 yards. the team won but its not like he was the reason...

or are you referring to the fact that with brady possibly done in NE, the patriots are probably regretting trading away Jimmy G? :naughty:
Well first off i am frequently on record that best outcome is both Georgie and Czar here in fall '21

Secondly i posted that knowing halftime score, but no idea how it got there 8^(

Last edited:
Reactions: Leetch3

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If I were trying to win a Cup the last thing I’d do is trade for a 38 year old goalie who’s on the decline with a year left on his deal at 8.5 mil. I don’t think we could give away hank if we wanted to at this point.

he needs to retire that’s really the only way out unless they trade Georgiev. But considering the reported asking price it doesn’t sound like they’re being all that serious about it.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The guy is so fiercely stubborn, he's not going to voluntarily retire.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The guy is so fiercely stubborn, he's not going to voluntarily retire.

Exactly...it's this stubborness and competitive fire Hank has that has made him a future Hall of Famer. Unfortunately, this same stubborness like you say, is maybe going to hurt the team you know he loves yet he can't just accept his time here as the man is over.

This is a real conundrum for Gorton and JD cause I dunno about you but I don't want to trade Georgie at all. I like Shesty and think he's going to be solid but right this moment, I have more faith in Georgie in a big spot cause I've seen what he can do more than I have with Shesty.

The ultimate scenario would be if Hank would give up his no trade and let Gorton test the waters and see for example if a Colorado or even Carolina would want him for a playoff/Cup run as both teams might benefit from a motivated Hank trying his damn best in his last attempt or two to win his long sought after Cup which would be the bow on his HOF career.

I dunno what's going to happen...none of us do but at this point, you have to believe Gorton and JD are having chats with Hank asking him what he wants to do and if there might be a win/win for both the team and himself. We shalt see soon enough.

Reactions: egelband

NYRORDIE

Jul 8, 2019
I understand that he is stuck in an odd spot: following an all-time great and in front of a kid who has us all droooling, but what really is Georgiev? What is is ultimate upside? Is he a product of Allaire? What is his future here and/orin this league? Is he nothing more than fodder for Seattle?

If Lundqvist doesn’t waive his NTC or plan to retire at the end of next season then the team has to move Georgiev. Shesty is the future and the prospect pool in net is deep enough to recover

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If you’re sticking to a long term plan and ignoring the accelerated rebuild that you started by bringing in Trouba and Panarin here’s what you do.

you trade the pending ufas. Kreider Fast McKegg

you trade Georgiev (and in the process make room for Wall and Huska to be in the fight for a back up job in 2021-2022)

you let Staal smith and Lundqvist play their final years next season maybe even get something at the deadline maybe not. Make some decisions on what you have with Buchnevich and Strome

you spend another season pushing for the playoffs hoping kids take the next steps.

then you are geared up for 2021-22 a year and a half from now. Maybe you add in free agency that summer maybe you pull off a trade for someone going into UFA. Maybe everyone takes off and you have to pay them all.

I’m not saying I agree with that all but that’s the slow walk to 2021-2022

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
We'll find out once his season ends and the TDL is past...

I only mentioned it because I just noticed.

If they did trade Georgiev away this deadline and Wall signs elsewhere, they are left with Lundqvist, Shesterkin, Huska as signed goalies with Lindbom as the only other where they'd own his rights.

I mean it's not the biggest concern or anything, just they'd be minus two goalies within the organization and would probably have to go find one somewhere for the AHL unless Lindbom was signed and came over. I guess that would probably also mean maybe they'd be interested in drafting another goalie...

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If you’re sticking to a long term plan and ignoring the accelerated rebuild that you started by bringing in Trouba and Panarin here’s what you do.

you trade the pending ufas. Kreider Fast McKegg

you trade Georgiev (and in the process make room for Wall and Huska to be in the fight for a back up job in 2021-2022)

you let Staal smith and Lundqvist play their final years next season maybe even get something at the deadline maybe not. Make some decisions on what you have with Buchnevich and Strome

you spend another season pushing for the playoffs hoping kids take the next steps.

then you are geared up for 2021-22 a year and a half from now. Maybe you add in free agency that summer maybe you pull off a trade for someone going into UFA. Maybe everyone takes off and you have to pay them all.

I’m not saying I agree with that all but that’s the slow walk to 2021-2022

"big picture"

Reactions: Kovalev27

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
So if Hank waves and is traded, everyone screaming for that is totally confident that whomever of Georgie and Igor loses out for starter spot will be cool being a backup here?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I only mentioned it because I just noticed.

If they did trade Georgiev away this deadline and Wall signs elsewhere, they are left with Lundqvist, Shesterkin, Huska as signed goalies with Lindbom as the only other where they'd own his rights.

I mean it's not the biggest concern or anything, just they'd be minus two goalies within the organization and would probably have to go find one somewhere for the AHL unless Lindbom was signed and came over. I guess that would probably also mean maybe they'd be interested in drafting another goalie...
Right, and I'm not being snarky. I mean that his decision on whether or not to sign could well hinge on what he sees the team do over the next month.

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So if Hank waves and is traded, everyone screaming for that is totally confident that whomever of Georgie and Igor loses out for starter spot will be cool being a backup here?

who cares...they would have an even split next year, in a year or 2 when one emerges as the legit #1 we can trade the other then if needed...the options aren't limited to trading georgiev or having them split time forever

Reactions: Rongomania

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
They have like zero cap space, though. And for that reason, they are out.
upload_2020-1-21_10-31-51.png

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

georgiev is most likely a really good back up. Teams are giving back ups 30 plus games now a days. Won’t be an issue I wouldn’t think until someone’s 3rd contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad