Value of: Alex Tuch to Montreal

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He is the exact player Bergevin is looking for:

Big, right shot, still young. Signed long term.

Could see him Vegas having to trade him given their salary situation next year, especially knowing the Lehner situation and the fact they'll probably have to retain on any deal involving Fleury.

Something around this year first (#16) + prospects or a cheap roster players? Maybe a cheapish RFA they like? Mete?

What would be faire value?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
No chance. Marchessault or Smith move first

I'd say Smith is also in the no chance category too. They don't need to do anything outside of trading/buying out Fleury if the Lehner 5x5 rumors are true. Now if they wanted to add say a top pair D then more cap would need to be shuffled and that would probably entail Stastny and/or Marchessault.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'd say Smith is also in the no chance category too. They don't need to do anything outside of trading/buying out Fleury if the Lehner 5x5 rumors are true. Now if they wanted to add say a top pair D then more cap would need to be shuffled and that would probably entail Stastny and/or Marchessault.

If they move a F. I don't think they move out any besides possibly Statsny. But both Smith and Marchessault go before Tuch imo based on age, contract, and what Tuch brings with his size and speed. MAF is definitely gone if either through trade or buy out.

Reactions: derriko

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The fact that he's on such a great contract is one of the reasons I think Vegas won't move him

its an ok contract. not sure 4.75 for a 17pt in 42 game 3rd line winger is "great"

if tuch bounces back and gets 20g/50+pts like last year its a good deal.

if he is more like a 15g/35+pt guy like this year and 2 years ago then no, its not a great deal.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Could be wrong here, but no way Statsny gets moved before Tuch.

Who plays #2C? Stephenson? Smith/Marchessault are key cogs of the top 6. More likely, but I think Tuch is more expandable if they want to contend in the next 2 years.

They won't buyout Fleury, no way.

Could see them trading him with retention, but I doubt they want to do that.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
its an ok contract. not sure 4.75 for a 17pt in 42 game 3rd line winger is "great"

if tuch bounces back and gets 20g/50+pts like last year its a good deal.

if he is more like a 15g/35+pt guy like this year and 2 years ago then no, its not a great deal.

He's the clear 3RW behind Stone and Smith, last year he wasn't. His production should bounce back a bit next year, but he's also got 8 goals (1st on VGK) and 11 points (4th on VGK) in the playoffs. I don't think Vegas is upset about his contract.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
If everyone values Caufield that much;

Caufield for Tuch, one for one? Ok value-wise?

I just think Vegas would like a guy that can step into the line-up for cheap if they trade him.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Who plays #2C? Stephenson? Smith/Marchessault are key cogs of the top 6. More likely, but I think Tuch is more expandable if they want to contend in the next 2 years.

If they move Stastny they slide Glass into the top 6 where he's going to be eventually anyways.

If you have to move Marchie you can slide Tuch into the top 6 and IMO it makes it better. The numbers don't show it in large part because Tuch spent so much time injured and with an offensive black hole in Eakin, but he's a more dynamic player than Marchessault AND he's still got untapped potential.

As for Fleury a buyout is definitely a possibility. Once you start getting past 30% retention a buyout might be the better option. They just have to get through the flat cap years. The buyout hit shouldn't hurt too much in years 3/4.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
If they move Stastny they slide Glass into the top 6 where he's going to be eventually anyways.

If you have to move Marchie you can slide Tuch into the top 6 and IMO it makes it better.

As for Fleury a buyout is definitely a possibility. Once you start getting past 30% retention a buyout might be the better option. They just have to get through the flat cap years. The buyout hit shouldn't hurt too much in years 3/4.
I disagree. You can't contend with Glass in the top 6 next year. It just does not work. He's not ready yet.

I think Marchessault, while older, brings more offense to a first line. I think it would be a bif downgrade to a solid line to switch him with Marchessault, and a big mistake to trade arguably your best LW (depend on what Pacioretty decides he brings that night) in years where you want to contend.

I feel Vegas can cope better filling that 3rd line winger spot next year if Tuch is gone than putting him on the top line instead of Marchessault.

I also feel they'd get a better return for Tuch.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Stephenson has played 2C at times, then there's Glass, and Roy who could possibly step in too. Stastny's the most expandable of the forwards, especially as his career is winding down, and quickly it's looking like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad