Value of: Alex Tuch to Montreal

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Tuck was available you’d have a bidding war by many teams leading to a price of around

1st+ 2 ELC players/ prospects

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Stephenson has played 2C at times, then there's Glass, and Roy who could possibly step in too. Stastny's the most expandable of the forwards, especially as his career is winding down, and quickly it's looking like.
Sorry, if Stephenson/Roy is your #2 C, you are not a contending team.

At least with Glass, there is potential.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
If Tuck was available you’d have a bidding war by many teams leading to a price of around

1st+ 2 ELC players/ prospects
Who's is the last player that got that much?

#16 OA+ or Caufield is great offer IMO. I like Tuch a lot, but he's not a first line winger in my humble opinion. I think he'd be great on Montreal's top 9... That RW would be solid (Gallagher/Tuch/Armia) for a few years... And it'd make Armia more expandable. Fit is great for Montreal for sure.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Sorry, if Stephenson/Roy is your #2 C, you are not a contending team.

At least with Glass, there is potential.
Stastny has been our 3C at times this season, with Stephenson/Glass in the top 6 over him. FYI.

Oh, and Roy did great as the 1RW when Stone was hurt.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Stastny has been our 3C at times this season, with Stephenson/Glass in the top 6 over him. FYI.
I still maintain Glass is not ready for #2 C, especially after a major surgery like he just got... Maybe on a bottom feeder without any expectation like the Red Wings, but not on a team like Vegas that is all-in. As old as he is, Statsny is still 100% needed in that line-up for next year.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I still maintain Glass is not ready for #2 C, especially after a major surgery like he just got... Maybe on a bottom feeder without any expectation like the Red Wings, but not on a team like Vegas that is all-in. As old as he is, Statsny is still 100% needed in that line-up for next year.
Curious, how many Knights games did you watch this year? Stastny, if playing like he has this season, is really not "100% needed".

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
6 years of Tuch >>>>>>> 1 year of Stastny

It's really not hard to understand. They'll be just fine with Karlsson-Glass-Stephenson-Roy down the middle as long as they maintain their great wing depth.

And like I said before they don't NEED to move anyone other than Fleury.

Reactions: derriko

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Who's is the last player that got that much?

#16 OA+ or Caufield is great offer IMO. I like Tuch a lot, but he's not a first line winger in my humble opinion. I think he'd be great on Montreal's top 9... That RW would be solid (Gallagher/Tuch/Armia) for a few years... And it'd make Armia more expandable. Fit is great for Montreal for sure.

As I said...many teams would be bidding driving up the price. Vegas tight against the cap will want back cheap ELC players eho can play in the nhl.

If he’s just a 3rd liner why trade Caufiield?

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Looks like he had a rough year statistic wise - I've only been watching him in the playoffs and I'm surprised his point totals are so low. Good player.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Looks like he had a rough year statistic wise - I've only been watching him in the playoffs and I'm surprised his point totals are so low. Good player.

He couldn't stay healthy and then when he got in the lineup he played a vast majority of his minutes with Eakin who is a useless offensive player.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Curious, how many Knights games did you watch this year? Stastny, if playing like he has this season, is really not "100% needed".
Probably not as many as you, but if DeBoer still plays him 17+ mins a night and on the 2nd PP, my guess is that he disagrees with the assessment that he is not needed.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
As I said...many teams would be bidding driving up the price. Vegas tight against the cap will want back cheap ELC players eho can play in the nhl.

He is not just a 3rd liner. He just happens to be Vegas's 7th best winger. He'd certainly be on Montreal top 6.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
6 years of Tuch >>>>>>> 1 year of Stastny

It's really not hard to understand. They'll be just fine with Karlsson-Glass-Stephenson-Roy down the middle as long as they maintain their great wing depth.

And like I said before they don't NEED to move anyone other than Fleury.

I agree that Tuch has more value than Statsny. I even said that his age/contract made him more valuable than Marchessault, who's a first line winger!

I just tend to disagree than in today's NHL you can just assume that because you have great wing depth you can expect to have long term success with offensive blackholes like Stephenson/Roy and the likes in your top 6.

I also think Glass is not ready for that spot, especially not after that big knee injury.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Realistically.We wouldn't trade/offer Caufield for Tuch

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Realistically.We wouldn't trade/offer Caufield for Tuch
I think value would be fair. Having Gallagher + Caufield as your top RW is not ideal.

Of course, Caufield has crazy high ceiling.... But it is still a boom or bust prospect.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I think value would be fair. Having Gallagher + Caufield as your top RW is not ideal.

Of course, Caufield has crazy high ceiling.... But it is still a boom or bust prospect.
I don't see a crazy high ceiling for a totally unproven Caufield.

at best i see a Debrincat definitely not anywhere near Kane

Tuch can play anywhere from 1st - 3rd line because he has the speed and skill ... now add in his size and contract .... worth a LOT more than everyone is saying on here

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If everyone values Caufield that much;

Caufield for Tuch, one for one? Ok value-wise?

I just think Vegas would like a guy that can step into the line-up for cheap if they trade him.

If I was Vegas I’d ask for an add. Not a major one kind you but they would be moving a solid player with a good contract.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
WE HAVE A WINNER. Congrats on Mete being included in a package after the JE trade first. How I can wait to hear out Mete, Kulak, Ouellet offers. Pick 16 plus/and or scraps doesn't get Tuch

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
He is the exact player Bergevin is looking for:

Big, right shot, still young. Signed long term.

Could see him Vegas having to trade him given their salary situation next year, especially knowing the Lehner situation and the fact they'll probably have to retain on any deal involving Fleury.

Something around this year first (#16) + prospects or a cheap roster players? Maybe a cheapish RFA they like? Mete?

What would be faire value?
Vegas aren't trading Tuch.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012

Zero interest in trading Caufield for Tuch. Caufield has way more upside and potential to be a great scorer in the NHL. I'll take my chances and hang onto him thank you.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The fact that he's on such a great contract is one of the reasons I think Vegas won't move him

I mean, they're wasting him on their 3rd line. His contract is good for the player he can be, but it's expensive for a 3rd liner, which is how he's actually being used.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad