Speculation: Alex Pietrangelo Megathread: contract talks with the Blues have stalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Okay so where do they magically find a 1C? I could see your point if it were an option but it's not. They're trying to do what they can to better the roster in light of that.

You cant open a window of Cup contention without an elite/franchise center. They probably should not have traded two top 5 prospects without getting that center in return.

I really fear Vegas is just going to waste all this time and assets otherwise. It nearly happened to the Blues until ROR fell into their lap and overnight transformed them from a perennial playoff underachiever into a Stanley Cup champion.

It is exactly what happened to the Rangers in 2012-15 and cost them a Cup.

Reactions: cheech70

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Both Pagnotta and Dreger claim Colorado has interest too. Maybe not as sexy as Vegas but probably offering more money.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah you're not flying to Vegas in a pandemic to have a chat with them and see if it's a fit

He's signing there

Sure you are - the pandemic part doesn't really mean much. It's a private plane and it's not like he's going to a stadium of fans. It's just a meeting.

It doesn't mean he's signing there, but it certainly makes it more likely he will.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Sure you are - the pandemic part doesn't really mean much. It's a private plane and it's not like he's going to a stadium of fans. It's just a meeting.

It doesn't mean he's signing there, but it certainly makes it more likely he will.
I doubt it

He's been rumored to go there for a bit and if it's just a meeting they could do it virtually

He could also sign virtually too but going there just for a meeting seems a unnecessary

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Vegas is more than the strip ffs.

Pacioretty has f***ing 5 kids. I am sure he is doing fine living in Vegas.

I have been to Vegas a few times. There were mostly the strip and strip clubs. Definitely not a place to bring kids to.

That being said, its turning out to be a great hockey town and an organization of winners. I'm sure many NHLers would be glad to make it their home.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I doubt it

He's been rumored to go there for a bit and if it's just a meeting they could do it virtually

He could also sign virtually too but going there just for a meeting seems a unnecessary

I mean he has been planning this for a month.

people don’t think he has already brought his family to Vegas?

There was no “catch up dinners” with friends in Vegas?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Hasn't Vegas very publicly been trying to clear cap for like a month now? How are they just magically going to make it happen
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad