Speculation: Alex Pietrangelo Megathread: contract talks with the Blues have stalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
if im vegas I just offer him a lowball offer now and see if any other contender comes to the table. market is so small for him and he made it even smaller by trying to pull the Blues legs.

awful agents cost him a ton of money IMO

By the sounds of it, a 60+ million deal loaded with signing bonuses in the middle was agreed to right off the hop, which caused Dubas to walk away and Petro to fly down to Vegas. If they backed away from that now 2-3 teams swoop in

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Part 2 incoming....anyone have any good Vegas puns for the title?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think Chicago is more likely since they still don't have a starter (no Malcolm Subban doesn't count). Either way it probably does cost them a first.
7 mil for 2 years? I agree, at least a first. If LV signs AP before dealing Fleury, everyone is going to recognize that LV will be pretty desperate to figure it all out.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah the Strip is actually a small part. I stayed in Vegas for several months last year and it was extremely chill, very nice mostly, and a beautiful climate. IIRC real estate is really cheap there to. I was actually shocked by how chill it was. That’s not to say there aren’t places to get into some real dark tomfoolery but overall I thought it was a very nice town. Actually if anything I found it more on the boring side than the crazy side. Even the one time I went to the Strip I found it to be essentially and outdoor mall/tourist attraction with ungodly traffic.

Going to the Strip and saying you’ve seen Las Vegas is like going to Disneyland and saying you’ve seen Anaheim or something. It’s literally just an amusement park for adults and technically it’s not even in Las Vegas. Hell it didn’t even seem to me like it was only for adults in 2019.

Most locals rarely go to the strip. Take the strip out and Vegas is basically a smaller Phoenix with slot machines in the gas stations. It's a city like any other with an adult playground in the middle of it.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
7 mil for 2 years? I agree, at least a first. If LV signs AP before dealing Fleury, everyone is going to recognize that LV will be pretty desperate to figure it all out.
I think the cat is already out of the bag on that one.

Something between Carolina and Vegas for MAF makes a lot of sense IMO. Reimer for Fluery + 1st maybe?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Who is even a landing spot for MAF ? Carolina who has to dump either Mrazek or Reimer before that ? Anyone else ? Every other teams seems set . Hawks goaltending looks wonky as they seem fine with it.

I think Vegas will have to dump more than just Fleury because its unlikely they can get rid of the full salary.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I wonder if the Avs made much of an offer in the first place, and if they did why he wasn't interested. Seems like a great situation and you guys have tons of cap room.

I honestly feel like Sleepy Joe probably just didn't make a strong enough offer if he made one at all. He seems a lot more reserved with this this type of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad