Speculation: Alex Pietrangelo Megathread: contract talks with the Blues have stalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrainyBomber

Apr 1, 2018
In the contest of the original post I was talking about Bos and Tor and Bos getting past. It was pretty safe to assume that the Stanley cup champions were the best team in the division and the rest of the division were the teams below them. But then you took that small part of context and used that to make what you thought was a clever post. I called you out for it and now your defensive about it. I apologise for not thinking about the pedantic users on this site.
Small brained, defensive and pedantic - I got it all!

Triple threat there thanks for letting me know. Have a good one. Hope Bobby Clarke doesn't find his missing front teeth ;)

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
This is pretty much a done deal at this point. Only think left to figure out is how bad do they mortgage the future to make it work cap wise. Moving fleury would be the best option as he doesn’t provide any actual value for the team.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
I am hoping that whoever gives him a tour shows him that there is much more to Vegas than the strip.

Tired of all the bullshit stereotypes that Vegas gets.

Agreed, but some of the positive stereotypes are wrong, too. Like the guy who wrote "hot girls" earlier. If hot girls were the criterion, everyone would want to be a King or a Duck. Plus, isn't Pietrangelo a family man?

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Vegas is more than the strip ffs.

Pacioretty has f***ing 5 kids. I am sure he is doing fine living in Vegas.

I don’t even go to the strip anymore. My last 4/5 strips i station myself at a hotel and rent a car and take day trips. Away from the tourists. I love it up near the red rock , summerlin. Beautiful there.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
That would be kind of silly, IMO. Take out two very good defenders to make the room for one exceptional one. Especially Schmidt.
Agreed, just bite the bullet and give up the 1st+2nd asked to move Fleury at 100%. Then either sign a backup for league min, or bring up Dansk. Would only have spot for 1 scratch, if two are wanted so you have 1F and 1D, then trade Holden for a 7th or something.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That would be kind of silly, IMO. Take out two very good defenders to make the room for one exceptional one. Especially Schmidt.

If they get Pietrangelo I think Schmidt has to go to make it work. Wish not but it may be.

The other move could be trading a forward higher earner, preferably Marchessault or if need be Pacioretty, and replacing them with Haula or similar, there's been reported interest in bringing him back. There's also Dugan and Elvenes who could push for spots by late season/playoffs or if they find they need help at forward doing a deal at the deadline.

At least that's what I think they could be thinking. Or they find something with Fleury, but that's seeming less likely.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I have been to Vegas a few times. There were mostly the strip and strip clubs. Definitely not a place to bring kids to.

That being said, its turning out to be a great hockey town and an organization of winners. I'm sure many NHLers would be glad to make it their home.
Lol if that's your takeaway then you didn't leave the strip. Please stop pretending like you know what you're talking about. I moved here when I was 12, my brother was 7. We grew up here and neither of us are degenerates. I made it through grad school and he just finished college with no issue. It was and remains a great place to grow up.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Lol if that's your takeaway then you didn't leave the strip. Please stop pretending like you know what you're talking about. I moved here when I was 12, my brother was 7. We grew up here and neither of us are degenerates. I made it through grad school and he just finished college with no issue. It was and remains a great place to grow up.
Yeah the Strip is actually a small part. I stayed in Vegas for several months last year and it was extremely chill, very nice mostly, and a beautiful climate. IIRC real estate is really cheap there to. I was actually shocked by how chill it was. That’s not to say there aren’t places to get into some real dark tomfoolery but overall I thought it was a very nice town. Actually if anything I found it more on the boring side than the crazy side. Even the one time I went to the Strip I found it to be essentially and outdoor mall/tourist attraction with ungodly traffic.

Going to the Strip and saying you’ve seen Las Vegas is like going to Disneyland and saying you’ve seen Anaheim or something. It’s literally just an amusement park for adults and technically it’s not even in Las Vegas. Hell it didn’t even seem to me like it was only for adults in 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: HanSolo

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
if im vegas I just offer him a lowball offer now and see if any other contender comes to the table. market is so small for him and he made it even smaller by trying to pull the Blues legs.

awful agents cost him a ton of money IMO

Reactions: MapleLeafs77

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
if im vegas I just offer him a lowball offer now and see if any other contender comes to the table. market is so small for him and he made it even smaller by trying to pull the Blues legs.

awful agents cost him a ton of money IMO
Yup he kinda screwed himself honestly. Probably thought that vegas/blues/leafs would bid on him for the weekend and drive the price up.

Meanwhile two of them said nope and secured other D. Now only vegas remains with no competition and desperate need to shed salary that doesnt look easy. Especially now that everyone knows they are the only ones trying for pietro now.

I wouldnt be shocked if he comes back to blues and leafs and asks what they would do on a short term deal.

I honestly dont know if he really wanted vegas or not. I think it was st louis then leafs then vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad