Alex Ovechkin spears Trent Frederic in the groin (fined $5,000)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Frederic has that face you just want to punch. Gotta' do whatever it takes to stay in the NHL. But, yeah, hard to feel bad for him here.

naw. Frederic has a babyface. Looks like a nice boy

you must be mistaken for Matthew Tkachuk.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
naw. Frederic has a babyface. Looks like a nice boy

you must be mistaken for Matthew Tkachuk.
There's nothing about Frederic that resembles an appearance of "nice boy". Like I said, he has a face you want to punch, but I would never dare to do that...

Reactions: longtime lurker

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Doubt it. Wilson was chewed out for fighting him last time by coaches. Lavvy basically said the guy is too garbage to grant fights to and don't do it.
That guy also fed Wilson some fist sammies the last time they fought and it didn’t really help the caps. So I’m sure that’s what their coach was upset about. And its most certainly why ovi chose to cheap shot him instead of fighting him. Ovi knew the kid could handle himself in a scrap and wanted nothing to do with it, plain and simple.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
That last game was a blast to watch, hope it carries over to tonight

I'd guess someone sat down Freddy and told him to turn down the antics just a bit for this one. He went a little too buck wild for me last game

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I feel like we have all sack tapped a buddy in our lifetime.... the high horse HFBoards constantly rides on is what is hilarious to me.

Speaking for myself here but I don’t ever recall touching a buddies sack, but whatever makes you happy bro.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
you’ll be disappointed because he won’t, he had a perfect opportunity the other night on 2 separate occasions and pussed out.

Ovi is one the GOAT's. Immediately after he retires he is getting inducted into the HHOF, and his retirement is about 5 years away (Maybe more).

Tell me, with 5 years left in his career, does Ovi really want to risk getting his brain or body damaged by some no body looking to hurt someone?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
They'd be singing a different tune if he got called for roughing/un-sportmanlike trying to drop the gloves with OV

“He’s come into the league and decided he’s gonna be an agitator to a certain extent, but keep his discipline, so it’s not putting us at a disadvantage,” Cassidy said after the game.

I mean that's what the coach said after the game. You said someone probably sat him down for it.

Sure, if he starts taking dumb penalties they'd probably get pissed, but he isn't, and they aren't.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Ovi is one the GOAT's. Immediately after he retires he is getting inducted into the HHOF, and his retirement is about 5 years away (Maybe more).

Tell me, with 5 years left in his career, does Ovi really want to risk getting his brain or body damaged by some no body looking to hurt someone?
Some ppl hate hockey greats, they will wish them injuries in exchange for 2 points for their team.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Reactions: longtime lurker

Score8

Apr 6, 2017

No doubt the man is hof! But if what you describe is even remotely accurate, then ovi knew he couldn’t handle the kid in a fight and chose to cheap shot him instead. That’s a punk move. If he can’t play the full game anymore then maybe he should hang them up. Furthermore does every vet in the league with 5 years or less left in their career have the green light to dish out whatever punishment they deem fits the crime? If the man can’t take cross checks or slashes then maybe hockey isn’t the right career choice for him. Btw there is not a chance on earth he plays for another 5 years.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
No doubt the man is hof! But if what you describe is even remotely accurate, then ovi knew he couldn’t handle the kid in a fight and chose to cheap shot him instead. That’s a punk move. If he can’t play the full game anymore then maybe he should hang them up. Furthermore does every vet in the league with 5 years or less left in their career have the green light to dish out whatever punishment they deem fits the crime? If the man can’t take cross checks or slashes then maybe hockey isn’t the right career choice for him. Btw there is not a chance on earth he plays for another 5 years.

The kid had what, 5 seconds to start beating Ovi's face in. What did he do though? He backed off and scampered back to the bench knowing full well what would have happened. Either Ovi would have put him into coma or he would have found himself on the wrong end of a cheap hit in the near future. You don't target and cheap shot greats.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Alex has never cowered from anyone. His position on his team gives him the specific responsibility to avoid fighting penalties. Even fighting Svechnikov was a mistake on his part imo. Wilson should be handling the clown business for him.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The kid had what, 5 seconds to start beating Ovi's face in. What did he do though? He backed off and scampered back to the bench knowing full well what would have happened. Either Ovi would have put him into coma or he would have found himself on the wrong end of a cheap hit in the near future. You don't target and cheap shot greats.

So now you guys are mad at Frederic for not fighting a guy who didn't want too fight him? You guys are reaching now.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017

explain why the kids gloves were off and ovi were firmly planted on his hands? And what cheap shot was ovi waiting for, a spear him in the nuts? Tf backed off when it was clear ovi wanted nothing to with him, so instead of taking a penalty he skated away. Not sure what you expected TF to do there. Would it have been preferable for Tf to just start pounding his face knowing that ovi didn’t drop his gloves?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
All this talk about respecting Ovi and now you want the kid to throw punches at him when he didn't want too fight him?

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
explain why the kids gloves were off and ovi were firmly planted on his hands? And what cheap shot was ovi waiting for, a spear him in the nuts? Tf backed off when it was clear ovi wanted nothing to with him, so instead of taking a penalty he skated away. Not sure what you expected TF to do there. Would it have been preferable for Tf to just start pounding his face knowing that ovi didn’t drop his gloves?

If he was on any other team but Boston, he would have been instantly called for dropping his gloves and stick and grabbing Ovi.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Alex has never cowered from anyone. His position on his team gives him the specific responsibility to avoid fighting penalties. Even fighting Svechnikov was a mistake on his part imo. Wilson should be handling the clown business for him.

Wilson tried that last game, he found out the hard way the kid could handle himself. which is why neither him or ovi wanted to lock up with him. And that’s why ovi stabbed in him the junk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad