Alex Ovechkin spears Trent Frederic in the groin (fined $5,000)

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
868074228.0.gif

Marchand got 2 and subban had 2 for embellishment.

Explain the NHL rules please.
Yeah me too, subban should have got the game for that pathetic dive. Funny how one guys career skyrocketed and the other guy slipped, pun intended into oblivion

Frederic is not bothered by Ovie's stickwork,
he misses the mark most nights this year
Frederic is just laughing at him

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I've simply never been impressed with Hathaway's fake tough act. He likes to run around yet scares no one. A very replaceable piece where he is able to be several slots back on the toughness depth chart for Washington, and acts tougher for it in my opinion.

I would take Hathaway over Wagner any day.

Also knock off the "fake tough guy" crap.

You calling someone a fake tough guy is totally meaningless.
No one here gives two sh*** about your description.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Dotchin was engaged in a legitimate battle in front of the net with Marchand, and without even looking at Dotchin, Marchand, in a clandestine fashion, takes out his members.

Ovi was the obsession of a yappy little puppy all game who was trying his damndest to goad him into a fight and or injure him. Finally, after two cheap crosschecks to the arm, Ovi did what all larger dogs do and put the yappy little puppy in its place.

Trying to match what Marchand did here to Frederic getting an early vasectomy is some AAA mental gymnastics.
See, this is a fair reply from a Leafs fan.

That yappy little puppy is playing his role as agitator. Hard to believe, but the Big Bad Evil Bruins aren’t the only team with a player of this role.

Those are cheap cross checks? They are in almost every scrum or battle along the boards in the league.

I don’t really mind the nut shot by Ovechkin, Freddy was looking for trouble. But don’t mistake this for an alpha move. Like most guys who defend themselves with their sticks, it’s weak. When Marchand does it it’s weak, and it’s just as weak when the larger dog Ovi does it.

I used the Marchand incident as comparison because there were many replies saying “imagine if Marchand had done this”. He has and got two games. Both were spears, one guy (Marchand)has a way worse track record so I cut the punishment in half to one game, seemed fair but could just be my bias. I see your point about one guy ‘deserving’ it more than the other but at the end of the day they’re both spears to the nuts.

Either way, the decision has been made the rest is just chitter chatter. Should be an entertaining game tonight.

All the best!

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Wilson was considered a wasted draft pick for a number of years, but has turned his career around very nicely especially now that he has stopped with the headshots.

The only reason he should be fighting Frederic in reality is to defend a teammate or intercede on behalf of Ovechkin.
Lol what in the f*** are you talking about? Regular development isn't turning your career around, you're trying to spin shitheads eating crow on what they thought he was going to turn into.

Reactions: mrv52

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Wilson was considered a wasted draft pick for a number of years, but has turned his career around very nicely especially now that he has stopped with the headshots.

The only reason he should be fighting Frederic in reality is to defend a teammate or intercede on behalf of Ovechkin.

:huh:

Reactions: Another AZ

Mr Burns

LOL U MAD BRO? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 9, 2020

LOL okay... :rolleyes:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Pretty sure Draisaitl got ejected from a playoffs game for doing the same. Not sure why this is funny or amusing to some.

Reactions: Dessloch

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004

Wilson is the coveted prototype every GM in the league is looking for. His type is a winning lottery ticket. Proof? Look at the hate Wilson gets. Hate is the highest form of flattery. Every team wants a Tom Wilson.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The Bruins should hire some of these guys to train Frederic's how to properly take a hit to the ol' berry's.

NaturalHardtofindAustraliancattledog-size_restricted.gif

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Also, I just realized this thread is now 37 pages long.

37 page thread all about a guy getting hit in the nuts.

This has got to be peak HFboards.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
The respect thing comes from Frederic hacking at his arms away from the play, for no reason at all. No-one is saying that 4th liners shouldn't be able to hit Ovechkin and play physical (because of course they can, Ovi plays physical himself).

The thing is that no players *should* be crosschecking and hacking at arms after the play. But this is taken to the extreme when you are then talking about a 4th liner vs. a legend that has almost as many career goals as the Bruins whole roster outside of their top line.
Happens all the time, man. Spears to the groin don't. Punch him in the head if you don't like it. That happens all the time too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad